334 replies to this topic

#41 elmersglue

elmersglue

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:37 AM

sa probinsya walang traffic sa nueva ecija papuntang palayan walang masyadong sasakyan

#42 boygenpact

boygenpact

little good boy

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:Women, Girls, BDSM, threesome, orgy, fantasy, role-play, and swinging,

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

Yes it is dangerous for a newbie but I've done it last week at 2 am with my Mazda 3 (swerte wala pulis).

I call this reckless driving.. No offense..

#43 acespino2000

acespino2000

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

manila memorial park
north cemetery
bf homes pque
other subdivisions na walang nanghuhuli

kung gus2 mo matuto defensive driving sa tondo , recto area , edsa ka...lahat iiwasan mo....
taong walang disiplina na tawid ng tawid sa di tawiran
jeep na nasa leftmost biglang kakabig sa kanan
pedicab
tricycle
motorsiklo na singit ng singit
bus na akala mo sila me ari ng edsa

#44 manhivin

manhivin

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:59 AM

Espana, during rush hour, baptismal by fire, para masubukan mo. After you hurdle it, kaya mo na lahat.

#45 tacio

tacio

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

divisoria. masubukan pasensya mo hehe

#46 agxo3

agxo3

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

You need to practice two places when learning to drive - in traffic, and on a road course.

Traffic so you learn how to deal with other cars/buses/pedicabs/tricycles/pedestrians/trucks/idiots around you. And a road cousre you can learn your limits and the car's limits at high speeds in a safe (for others, and for you) environment.

Just had the opportunity to do just that (after over 30 years of driving!!) last weekend. Now I'm a believer that EVERYONE should do this, and the earlier the better!

I'm in car #21 on a fast off-camber downhill sweeping turn (turns 5 and 5a) to the right (and the road slopes to the left!), just after coming over the crest. If you brake you'll load the front tires and unload the rears and spin like a top. If you panic and let off the gas, you will DEFINITELY lose control and slide off the road. If you go too fast too fast for the car to handle the turn, you'll go off the road. You learn pretty quickly where the limits are and how to stay within them. This was at a road course called Thunderhill (www.thunderhill.com) near Sacramento, California.

Driving fast on a crowded city street it just plain irresponsible. Even at 2 am. One of my friends in high school was killed by just such a driver. He was crossing EDSA at Ayal on a motorcycle, and the driver cam racing down EDSA at over 120 kph, ran through a red light and hit him broadside. he was killed instantly.

Racing when there are other, unknowing vehicles and innocent people around you on the street is just plain irresponsible. Unadulterated stupidity and arrogance. No other words for it. Racing belongs on the track - nowhere else!

Attached Files

Edited by agxo3, 06 August 2007 - 01:49 PM.

• johnlove likes this

#47 enano72

enano72

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

freeway 1 pacific coast highway no turns straight road sta monica to oxnard ca

#48 gilgrissom

gilgrissom

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

EDSA is a good place to practice driving alongside buses, trucks, motorcycles and other road cars. You’ll be able to practice switching lanes properly and deal with swerving buses and motorcycles.

Go to Binondo and Divisoria to practice driving alongside tricycles, pedicabs, jeeps and pedestrians. Gotta be very alert in these areas.

Go to ShangriLa EDSA mall to practice going up a high-rise and zig-zag parking area. The training here is ensure that you don’t scrape your bumper against the walls and to ensure that your mags do not brush the cemented center aisle as you go around the curves.

Go to the expressways (e.g. SLEX, NLEX) for training in high-speed roads.

As always, practicing how to drive entails not just how to drive the car well, but also in following the rules and regulations of the roads.

Lastly, familiarize yourself with the different streets and highways. I remember that when I started to drive, I always go out on Sunday and go on a road trip and explore the different areas of Manila, QC, Caloocan, San Juan, Pasig, Pasay, Muntinlupa, Las Pinas, etc. This way, I familiarized myself with the different places where I can possibly go.

#49 Borgie

Borgie

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Interests:coffee, sex, EB, cars, badminton, formula 1 racing, carting, parties, dates, business, financials, investments, friendships.......

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

edsa and quiapo to learn to drive through traffic...

loyola memorial park to just drive and maneouvre the car...

#50 agxo3

agxo3

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

freeway 1 pacific coast highway no turns straight road sta monica to oxnard ca

Nice road, but there ARE turns on PCH - not many, and they're not sharp turns but they're there! But it's still a good place to practice - speeds relatively low, not too many cars, just watch out for the celebrities speeding along in their Ferraris and other exotica. For an absolutely straight 50 or so miles, take hwy 50 east of the Sierras heading towards Salt lake City.

#51 Abdul_Jackool

Abdul_Jackool

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:38 AM

if you are a newbie driver i suggest late sa gabi... tama lang volume ng sasakyan at mapractice din defensive driving skills mo sa mga motorcycle kasi you'll notice them coming from nowhere...

try also the road going to cavite coming from alabang, forgot the location wala masyado nakaharang doon..

#52 juancarlos_enriquez

juancarlos_enriquez

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

People have the wrong impression na if you can drive fast in a wide open highway, then marunong ka nang magdrive. That is terribly far from the truth. To really learn how to drive, I agree with the posts about going thru rush hour traffic, sa Nagtahan, for example, para mapractice din ang hanging, and mga small roads, daanan mo, to familiarize yourself with the size and feel of your car.
  • johnlove likes this

#53 sheep

sheep

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

gated subdivisions

#54 Oregon Waffle

Oregon Waffle

Indefinitely missing.

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Tech Stuff
    Subterranean melodies

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:09 AM

Subdivisions and Villages for beginners. Then Commonwealth, QAve., EDSA to deal with reality.

#55 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

Bandang coastal road, meron dyan maluwag na daan sa may reclamation area. OK dyan.

#56 troubleshooter8

troubleshooter8

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

I suggest sa EDSA. Yngat lang!

#57 sitilim

sitilim

ARI GOLD / ENTOURAGE

• (05) Regular
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

Ayala Alabang Village :)

Edited by sitilim, 14 August 2007 - 08:19 PM.

#58 tombone

tombone

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:31 AM

Chinese cementery

#59 howard_the_duck

howard_the_duck

April 19: Version 2.0

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,000 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:56 PM

sa subdivision :lol:

#60 johnlove

johnlove

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts
  • Interests:sex

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:32 AM

If you are serious about learning how to drive, mag biyahe kang divisoria to cubao & back to divisoria. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but that is the fastest way to master driving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users