The Flipside of Social Networking (Facebook, MySpace, Multiply, Friend

I have never played a Facebook game. Not even the famous Farmville or Mafia Wars.

I used to post a lot of shoutouts. Mind, though, that these were not shoutouts like I'm having dinner at ______ or Having a great time at the white beaches of _______. Nothing like that. [And I hate shoutouts like that!] My shoutouts are more of observations about people around me. Usually I post about things that tick me off. It's my way of making people aware that there are things they do that are actually annoying to other people. For example, I ranted (1) Texting while riding a motorcycle is plain stupid! (2) When I'm using my laptop or my cellphone, do not come to me just to look at my screen and say, "What are you browsing?" or "Who are you texting?". The great thing about it is that some people actually read those stuff, and they bug me less. Which is awesome. :)

I absolutely hate it when people tag me in photos without asking my permission first. I do not tag friends unless they ask me to do so. And I tag photos where they look nice--not slutty, not drunk, not with red eyes or terrible make up.

Birthday is absolutely private. I don't need the world to know when my birthday is, and I don't need a million birthday greetings on my wall. Those who care enough to remember my birthday are the only ones who matter. Also, posting your birthday is the surest way to identity theft.

Top three things that are quite annoying when using SNS:

1. The irresponsible tagging. People think that just because you share the same hobby/passion you also share in some of the more non-sensical stuff they post, hence tag left and right.

2. The games. Gawd! Some people would put up requests for help milking their cows in their virtual farms.

3. The constant, minute by minute, blow by blow updates on their statuses. Dear heavens! Some people feel like they have to share everything that they do to the rest of the world. And another is those who keep posting private moments on their statuses. Some just can't help but shout out to the world their private intimate moments. Is privacy fast becoming obsolete?

Misinterpretation and lies.

Posters pretend to be happy by posting happy family pics to the world smile.gif When those that really know are the ones that know the real score behind the pictures.

- I definitely agree, because of social networking(FB, FS, MS), I almost lost my family. My wife forgiverolleyes.gif me because of the kids but still nagging about it.

• 5 months later...

1. People inadvertently reveal lots of private info about themselves.

2. Just follow what's happenning to that Weiner guy in the US right now, harassing girls he met via FB. He claims not to have "physical" relationship with them, but he sent them lewd messages and half-naked pics of himself....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me remind you also that when Mark Suckerberg started Facebook, he scraped student’s profiles (names, images and other personal information) from several University websites to get his network – The Facebook – started. That is only one aspect of unethical behavior in his “sketchy” past. The question you have to ask yourself is: “Do I want to entrust a hacker like Mark Zuckerberg with personal information of myself and my friends and our communication?” Let me help you out: No!