Worst Names

i remembered sa brazilian volleyball team dati na kasama nila Leila Barros ay may isang co-player sila na ang surname is Regla.

That was Regla Torres, but she played for Cuba. She was actually their star.

In the NHL, there is/was a very good player with the surname of SATAN. It's just pronounced differently; the accent is on the second syllable, not the first. It's also pronounced the French way.

In the NBA, there used to be a player named KIKI Vander(something).

Edited by jt2003

I'm not sure about this, but if someone finds his name offensive can he or she have it changed legally? Maybe some good-meaning lawyers here can give us some thoughts on this and maybe help those who are affected.

Years ago, I happened to know one OFW in KSA bearing the family name "Gago". Politely, I asked him to consult the Phil. Embassy about changing his name for obvious reasons. Never heard from him after that.

I'm not sure about this, but if someone finds his name offensive can he or she have it changed legally? Maybe some good-meaning lawyers here can give us some thoughts on this and maybe help those who are affected.

I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that changing one's name is a very tedious and tiring process. All the clearances (NBI, police, barangay), documents, whatever. You also have to have the petition published in a paper of major circulation. You'll also need a court order to complete the process. I don't know when it was or where I was, but when I saw what was required for a change of name, I was quite surprised. Before that moment I thought it was a simple matter.

I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that changing one's name is a very tedious and tiring process.  All the clearances (NBI, police, barangay), documents, whatever.  You also have to have the petition published in a paper of major circulation.  You'll also need a court order to complete the process.  I don't know when it was or where I was, but when I saw what was required for a change of name, I was quite surprised.  Before that moment I thought it was a simple matter.

For those who lose their self-esteem and self-confidence because of the names they bear, the process could be worth all their efforts esp. if their children and their children's children would benefit. Your information was certainly positive. :thumbsupsmiley:

bro in law ng gf ko, Calixto Manluco. and he's a very successful real estate broker, ang dami nagtitiwala agad sa kanya at andali nya makakuha ng clients/buyers. Hes such a good and trustworthy guy thats why ganun sya pinagpapala. i wonder how his surname never become an issue.

Edited by kanto-terrorist
"Harry Dick"

seriously. why would you want to punish your kid like that?

I knew a Dick White, who was actually white. He served in the military and during roll calls, everyone couldn't help but burst laughing everytime his name was called, "White, Dick!"

I knew a Dick White, who was actually white. He served in the military and during roll calls, everyone couldn't help but burst laughing everytime his name was called, "White, Dick!"

Happened to come across and read in a magazine yesterday a Samoan citizen named DICK AMOYO.

Glad he wasn't a Pinoy. :)

• 2 weeks later...