Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

try to do it gradually.. make a few visits first and test the waters - at least ma-feel mo yun good and bad atmosphere back at home. Your hubby is partly right and partly not. It would be a big change for you if you change your environment right away - you'll feel surprised about the pollution, garbage, squatters, and money matters. Missing the things back home is different, bec. you will always enjoy those things that you've been missing all these years. But when you start to live back and started to feel your way with the everyday Pinoy life you will realize a lot of good and bad things.

Preparation is also a good thing to think about.

You have to remember only one thing when you really plan to go back - MONEY.

Don't just bring sufficient money, bring lots and lots of money.

You just never know what challenges are ahead of you, but one thing that still is a rule of thumb when

you're living in Phils. - the color of money. No one can deny that, esp. knowing how local people back home still find it hard to live there because of the economic conditions.

Good luck to your endeavor. Whatever the outcome is, it's always a good motive to really go back home. Everyone of us do really wanted to go home one way or another and settle there. It's just a matter of preparation and commitment on how you will deal with it. Good luck to you!

Thanks...MONEY eh! Dang, sayang that's exactly what I'm lacking right now since I've quit working and we're now down to one income.

• 1 month later...

if ever na i am going to retire and kapag healthy ako diyan sa manila, but if worse case scenario and medyo merong health problems sa states, atleast dun garantisado na provided ang health insurance and top notch ang medical and equipments. also cheaper the medication.

Overall right now happy naman ako dito sa VA.

• 2 weeks later...

having been lived overseas for quite a number of years, i would say that i still prefer living in the Philippines.

why?

a. sa overseas, specially in the US, you are earning dollars alright, but you are also spending dollars. so that means that its really hard to save. its better if one member of the family lang would live/work there and send his/her earnings here. but then, by doing this, this breaks down the basic unit of our society, which is the family.

b. sa overseas, you are treated like a second class citizen. but then, here in the philippines, you are also treated like a second class citizen if you are served with a foreigner....

c. sa overseas, ang values are different from our local values. so its quite hard to raise a kid there.

d. sa overseas, its quite hard to start-up unless you have a support group with you. pero once you get it going, tuloy-tuloy na. but i've known families who really struggled to start from scratch.

Still its patriotic to stay here in the Philippines...

My idea is to work abroad to earn big bucks but invest and start a business here once you earned enough...The country needs more business and investment for us to have more jobs...

I you live abroad then all your money is also spent in that country...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Which do you prefer living here in the phil or living abroad?If abroad which country would you prefer to live and why?and the reason you want to leave the philippines

I think Australia is a good plsce to live vs. the Philippines because:

Economy: more stable, has a surplus rather than a deficit (can't even remember the last time the Phil. had a surplus!)

Politics: more stable government, no coups nor armed factions

Medical: has good medical and public health care system

Education: free public schoolin up to high school level; HEX (100% loan) availability for college

Labor: DOLE (gov't gives you money if you are out of work but looking for a job!)

Banking: up to 95% borrowings for a housing loan; interest only loans (you don't have to repay the principal!)

Housing Investments: negative gearing

Peace and Order: cops in melbourne still carry only revolvers because criminals usually don't have guns!