Memorable DATE Stories

Share your date stories here--the best, the worst, the memorable ones:

• The best, most romantic places you were brought, and the worst.
  • The presko and mayabang
  • The non-talker
  • The one who couldn't get his hands of you (and did you, or didn't you like it?)
  • The galante, and the cheapskate
  • The one who made you wait 2 hours, etc.

Although it is very tempting, let us not write the MTC handles of the terrible dates. Let's feel free to backstab them through PM, though. LOL

This thread is inspired by the recent discussion in Sharing the Tab topic.

natawa ako sa "Let's feel free to backstab them through PM, though. LOL"

hilarious! laugh.gif

anyway...

i just wanted to share that one of the nicest EB dates on MTC (and one of the nicest friends IRL) is ndn... smile.gif

when we met, he was on time, he looked natural and comfortable...

he made me order whatever i wanted and then really insisted on picking up the tab... (i'm always ready to go dutch)

and most important of all, he hasn't changed since that date...

most guys here on MTC will say they don't care what you look like and all that sh!t, they will flirt with you when you haven't seen each other, make believe you're best friends and everything, but when they see you in person, if they don't like the way you look, they'll just forget about you...

kaya ako, i'm so glad i met him... cheers to you, friend! http://smilearchive.com/s/otn/party/beerchug.gif

• Like (+1) 3
Guest Serenity12

finally, a separate thread was created. ^_^

I will start with one of the WORST dates, as relayed to me by my friend who's an ex-MTC member ( she gave me her blessings to write about it so that other MTC females can be forewarned). This guy, at the time they met, was a training officer of one of the call centers somewhere in Metro Manila. Since she paid for the meal, he probably assumed that it was his lucky day to meet her since she seemed to be well-to-do. On the next date, he ordered the most expensive steak in the menu, the one that cost more than a thousand. He didn't bat an eye when the bill came; instead , he passed it to her. Being well-mannered, she decided to pay instead of creating a scene. On the third date, he was already giving his sob story on why he needs to pay this and that and that she could help him by lending him money. Being naive and stupid and new to MTC , she decided to lend him the money but whenever she tried to collect from him, he would give her the run-around. I don't think she got paid until this day. He even had the gall to post in some of the hobbies threads I think. May pambili sya ng luho pero walang pambayad ng utang.

Ladies, in case you are curious as to the handle of this WORST date and even his real name , send me a pm. Maybe you call center people know him . ;)

• Like (+1) 2

I'm a bridesmaid to my bestfriend's wedding in baguio when i have to pick up along the way a guy whom i liked on mtc and never met,just talked on the phone and who lives 2 hours away from Baguio city, i was driving so far and got lost and running late and i got lost, hungry and then i had a reality check, why the hell am i doing in a foreign city and why i have to drive this far just to pick him up, am i going insane?? so i decided not to pick him up..i'm a bitch i know, i don't see theres any point of doing so since he can get a bus to baguio and meet me there..besides i was alone..

Guest Serenity12

Now to some of the better dates... ( and this was way way before I met you, baby, in case you are reading this! :lol: )

I once exchanged pms with someone here in MTC and he was someone fun to flirt with - witty, articulate, smart, etc. Of course, because he was ALL that, I expected him to have average looks- no one is perfect right? So when I opened the door to him that night, my jaw dropped. He was drop-dead gorgeous! Tall, mestizo with that husky bedroom voice na laglag-panty ( :lol: ). He was so gorgeous that when we went to Circles cafe in Makati Shang on a separate occasion, the beautiful receptionists barely looked at me even as I was the one who made the reservation. They were all throwing him flirtatious smiles. :lol:

And for all his gorgeous looks and penchant for kinky talk ( not that I mind since I can dish out tit for tat :lol: ) , he also turned out to be a very reliable SINGLE male friend whose friendship I value until this day. So ladies, feel free to pm me if you want to know his handle. ;)

most forgettable dates - the ones with 1 or 2 call center agents a.k.a as kids.

i mean, whats with these call center people? blink.gif no offense meant. but someone has got to explain. rolleyes.gif

I'm curious, too and will wait for the explanation!

The best friendly date ever would have to be my dear friend, Z! Always amazing company, great food, unlimited things to talk about. And very good-looking. [i'm required to say that. Kidding :P]

There are other dates, but will not self-incriminate so will shut up now. LOL

Ah, there's one more I can share pala. [Me in filter-mode]

Friendly date with the elusive Master G from the now dead site, PEO. I hadn't been to The Fort in years. The last time I was there, I flew [or at least tried to fly] a sporting kite. Anyway, Master and I decided to meet up there. I was in awe of how the place had transformed in a matter of a few years. We had dinner, then coffe, walked around, and talked lots, and I mean lots 'cause we were there for hours! Time just passed and I really didn't notice because I was having a great time. Favorite conversation topic that night: the poser-PSP whose 'career' ended at PEO and then she moved here and her career got killed here, too. Very controversial PSP that time. LOL And despite the late hour [past midnight] and long drive, Master G drove me back to my apartment. Along the way, there was a white SUV in front of us and I said, "Hey, look, that's her [the PSP's] car (kuno)!" :lol:

Master G, you're awesome!

Ah, there's one more I can share pala. [Me in filter-mode]

Friendly date with the elusive Master G from the now dead site, PEO. I hadn't been to The Fort in years. The last time I was there, I flew [or at least tried to fly] a sporting kite. Anyway, Master and I decided to meet up there. I was in awe of how the place had transformed in a matter of a few years. We had dinner, then coffe, walked around, and talked lots, and I mean lots 'cause we were there for hours! Time just passed and I really didn't notice because I was having a great time. Favorite conversation topic that night: the poser-PSP whose 'career' ended at PEO and then she moved here and her career got killed here, too. Very controversial PSP that time. LOL And despite the late hour [past midnight] and long drive, Master G drove me back to my apartment. Along the way, there was a white SUV in front of us and I said, "Hey, look, that's her [the PSP's] car (kuno)!" :lol:

Master G, you're awesome!

is the poser PSP have initials with AB????? the one whom i had a forced date with.....hahahaha

which brings me to the date i had with the aforementioned lady if the one you're talking about is her....

met her at RACKS SM NORTH, just to prove that she's not a fake, i was used (but not abused, hahaha) just so some curious minds can be pacified, hahahaha

it turned out alright though most of the time she was talking about herself and i could tell she was in constant pain waling in her shoes but she tried her best to not show any pain because "IT LOOKED GOOD ON HER"

now, i am not dissing this lady in fact, she's nicer than what i was expecting.....overall, the date with her seemed nice...

:)

is the poser PSP have initials with AB????? the one whom i had a forced date with.....hahahaha

which brings me to the date i had with the aforementioned lady if the one you're talking about is her....

met her at RACKS SM NORTH, just to prove that she's not a fake, i was used (but not abused, hahaha) just so some curious minds can be pacified, hahahaha

Thanks for taking one for the team! Buti at di ka siningil for her time. :lol:

Memorable dates:

Was brought to Antipolo to admire the beauty of the metro at night.

Was taken to the concert of ______, where I was able to sit right next to and had a photo taken with the singer himself.

Had a nice dinner at this wonderful Italian resto with interiors designed like a wine cellar.

Too bad, this friendship didn't end well. Things happen. :)

one of the most memorable dates for me happened when i was 19. i went out with a suitor who actually asked my mom's permission to take me out on a date. blush.gif my mom agreed but only if i took my then 14-year-old younger brother along to chaperon me. :lol: that really wasn't necessary since we were double-dating with another older couple (some of his friends) who wanted to see the concert we were seeing too.

i told my mom na dyahe naman sa suitor ko kasi treat na nga ng guy yung concert, tapos magsasabit pa ako ng ibang ililibre. my suitor didn't mind (of course, he'd say that) but my mom said she'd pay for my brother's ticket. he didn't want the payment, so i insisted that we use the money supposedly for my brother's ticket for dinner instead. so then the 5 of us ended up going and we all had a great time. smile.gif

i kinda miss that guy. too bad he's married already. rolleyes.gif

one memorable date is with an mtc guy. :)

first, hindi siya pinoy, malaysian chinese,

that sent me a pm, chatted with me over ym,

then days pass, tumatawag saken sa cellphone (long distance)

like im thinking that time magkano na kaya ung

bill niya sa phone. hahaha we're talking

like 2hrs or more kasi. at madaming times

almost everyday. here goes the story:

its started as good friends, at nagjoke siya one time

that he'll surprise me na uuwi nalang siya bigla sa pinas

at imimeet ako so sabi niya saken "be ready" :lol:

since the words appeared like he was just joking around,

i didn't took it seriously, until one day, i got a phone call

from a local no. *like GOSH. siya na ung tumawag* :lol: :lol:

telling me, kakarating lang niya ng manila, at nasa hotel. haha!

thousands of butterflies went inside my tummy. di ako makapaniwala.

the next day, we met. para akong nafrozen cold.

he was really really goodlooking, witty, smart and very down to earth.

hirap siya mag english since chinese usapan nila,

at first, sa mga expensive places tlga, pero since hindi naman ako

tlga mapili at maarte sa location ng dates, mas simple mas ok.

he even tried going out sa mga turo-turo na first time niya nagawa,

nagcofi, and had wonderful time.. since masyadong formal,

had the chance to suggest more simpler but elegant clothing

(palage kasi formal ang attire niya) na before, first time i saw him,

he wears polo, pants and black shoes, but now, marunong na mag short

pants, shirt and even wears slippers when going out! (what an influence.) :lol:

and now, i consider myself a princes, a VIP gal,

anything goody.. kasi as an expat-executive, he requested his

company for him to be assigned here in manila -to be with me.

para daw mas makilala niya pako! :wub:

he made a big effort for me. na alam kong bhira nangyayari not unless

interested ang guy sayo ;)

Edited by cHinitababe86

something that i think belongs in this thread... this is an old blog entry from 3 years ago... enjoy! laugh.gif

last saturday, i went out for the first time with this old suitor from high school whom i recently bumped into thru Friendster. we watched The Bourne Ultimatum and then thought to take a quick trip to the restrooms before having lunch.

so there i was in front of the mirror, and he peeked in and saw me fixing my hair and retouching my make-up, and he made jokes about how i was pretty already and how i should just finish up so we can go, and so i did. and just outside the door, he takes my hands - both of them - in his, gently leans into me as i hold my breath, and then whispers..."bukas ang zipper mo." ohmy.gif

blush.gif O blush.gif M blush.gif G blush.gif

• Like (+1) 2

My most memorable date happened almost 11 years ago.

We were just friends. He asked me if I wanted to watch a movie, I said yes, we went Dutch. No problem with me since we were just friends.

It was a weekday, so there weren't that much people in the cinema. He started shivering because he didn't bring a jacket and the A/C was really cold. I decided to put an arm around him and he held on to me for warmth. We finished the movie, decided to go home. In the cab, without words, he put an arm around me, said thanks for keeping him warm in the cinema.

The rest is history, we've been together ever since. It's our 11th year anniversary together on February.

• Like (+1) 3

Not a personal experience, but i knew the girl involved, a former officemate. Her family lived in one of the enclaves in the Greenmeadows area. She was a nice, girl-next-door type, mestiza, pretty. This guy asked her out on a date. Good-looking, boy-next-door type, well-mannered, charming, attentive, the guy you want to bring home to mamma. Arrived in a nice ride, even had flowers for her mom. They went and had a great time. Picture-perfect young couple having dinner in a classy restaurant, beautiful evening, enjoying each other's company, drinks, the works. Then he was taking her home. Somewhere past the Mormon church in Greenmeadows he suddenly stopped the car and got out. And threw up on the sidewalk.

Needless to say, it was their first -- and last -- date together.

Edited by JHP
  • 2 weeks later...

something that i think belongs in this thread... this is an old blog entry from 3 years ago... enjoy! laugh.gif

last saturday, i went out for the first time with this old suitor from high school whom i recently bumped into thru Friendster. we watched The Bourne Ultimatum and then thought to take a quick trip to the restrooms before having lunch.

so there i was in front of the mirror, and he peeked in and saw me fixing my hair and retouching my make-up, and he made jokes about how i was pretty already and how i should just finish up so we can go, and so i did. and just outside the door, he takes my hands - both of them - in his, gently leans into me as i hold my breath, and then whispers..."bukas ang zipper mo." ohmy.gif

blush.gif O blush.gif M blush.gif G blush.gif

Have reread this three times, and I still laughed hard, almost like watching a sitcom. laugh.gif

Here's my share:

I'm not really into foreigners, and the advent of tsinovelas and koreanovelas didn't even change that. But trying to practice filipino's cordiality, I once agreed to go on a date with one of my classmates, a taiwanese national. I tried my best to act all natural and pleasant, but the whole ordeal was pretty lame and boring. Not to mention our miserable attempt to understand each other, he can speak in English but in Chinese accent, which only made me more perturbed. While we were walking in the mall, he suddenly held my hand, and dropped some cheesy one liners which could have actually worked if I have the hots for him. C'mon guys, I just thought you can sense if the girl is in any way - into you. If all you're getting are nonchalant looks, you probably should delay your advancements. Never ruin friendly dates, unless you're Casanova. I was weirdly surprised and managed an awkward smile, which he probably sensed, that he decided to take me home.

When our semestral break started, he phoned me, asking if I want to go on vacation with him to Taiwan to meet his parents. You gotta be kidding me.

This is a good thread, I don't know why only few people posted here and mostly girls.

This is what I have to share:

I dated this lady that was referred to me by my friend's sister. We never actually saw each other just browsed pictures from a social website, just the usual texting. I have second thoughts asking her for a meet-up, but after a few months of constant texting. I have the courage to ask her out.

We agreed to meet in a mall in Manila (south part). She arrived late on the meeting time but apologized because she caught-up on her work. Anyways, we ate on a fine dining italian resto and chatted...we had a great conversation that time and ended up talking personal things. We parted ways late that night.

The following day, she don't even replied to all my text and not even answered my calls. My friend's sister just told him that she had a great time with me but, I was too quiet during our meeting. I day she just texted me and said that she's seeing someone and I should stop texting or calling her.

Sad part....I liked her.

• 1 month later...

She was introduced to me by my high school classmate through facebook. Upon adding her as a friend. I strike up a conversation to her. Well, She was the talkative type. (Mind you, torpe talaga ako. But I have to get rid of this "weakness" in approaching girls so that would not hinder me in the long run) Anyways, I started small talks to her in which she replied with ease. No doubts to who I might be to be exact. I managed to get her number a few days of chatting in facebook. So we text a lot and then she texted "we should meet sometime so that I could listen to your stories". Wow. Ummm. I was at first a bit hesitant but took the jump. I said okay. As to where. I analyzed first. She has a car and travels across three towns to get into the metro. She's quite a beauty. Then I realized a simple mall wouldn't be enough. She also loves a famous cake house here. So I decided, why not this coffee shop? She agreed.

Going to the assumed time. She texted me early in the morning that she would be late since they are still finishing their retreat. So I said Ok and be there early and get a table.

Here is the thing.

She texted again. She had a problem since she is running low on fuel. She has no money and didn't bring her credit card. The STUPID KNIGHT in SHINING ARMOR that I was offered my budget to her so that she could use it as fuel money. It was not because of being GALANTE, it was because i understood her situation that being in a far away town and all. I was surprised because: 1.) She just texted where should we meet? Is it okay near the coffee shop? 2.) After all those "text" the question that I am anticipating "IS IT OKAY TO BORROW?" came last. After I agreed to all those question. Can a man even bother to get back his word? Hell NO. But this is even a HUGE TURN OFF to me. To continue, We decided to meet at a CALTEX station. I arrived early since she said she has to go back to her school to pay tuition. (wow, No money huh.)After more or less 15 minutes of waiting she texted again to go into a Shell station since that is where she usually fuel up her car. (TALK ABOUT @#$&!@#). To get this over, I went there. Met up with her. Gave her the money. And said hellos and farewells. She's cute. But she already tarnished her image BIGTIME with her attitude.

It really sucks as a first time. But oh well, lets charge it to EXPERIENCE. :lol:

a few dates into seeing thebigbadlonewolf, we met up one night at a place midway from where we both live. as I was walking towards our meeting place, my sandal strap broke so I had to call him to go fetch me from where I was standing. we were both laughing so hard at my misfortune since I can't go around much barefoot. he carried me towards my car still laughing for all the world to see. didn't turn him off though. because of that, we just went to a place where I don't need to wear shoes instead. ;)

a couple of years after being married, we still laugh everytime we think of that date.

• Like (+1) 1

a short yet memorable story

took my date at greenbelt, funny thing is, we had our dinner at a coffee shop, after that straight na kame sa movie house, nakalimutan ko na anong movie yun but it was really a great movie since she enjoyed it, akala ko uuwi na kame after the movie but the night was still young and we opted to stroll around the newly built greenbelt 5, nothing unusual happened like chit chats and picture dito , picture doon, but for someone like me who made a big deal out of it, i totally enjoyed her companionship.

bawas pogi points nga lang kasi natakot sya sa driving ko :lol:

• 3 months later...

one memorable date is with an mtc guy. :)

first, hindi siya pinoy, malaysian chinese,

that sent me a pm, chatted with me over ym,

then days pass, tumatawag saken sa cellphone (long distance)

like im thinking that time magkano na kaya ung

bill niya sa phone. hahaha we're talking

like 2hrs or more kasi. at madaming times

almost everyday. here goes the story:

its started as good friends, at nagjoke siya one time

that he'll surprise me na uuwi nalang siya bigla sa pinas

at imimeet ako so sabi niya saken "be ready" :lol:

since the words appeared like he was just joking around,

i didn't took it seriously, until one day, i got a phone call

from a local no. *like GOSH. siya na ung tumawag* :lol: :lol:

telling me, kakarating lang niya ng manila, at nasa hotel. haha!

thousands of butterflies went inside my tummy. di ako makapaniwala.

the next day, we met. para akong nafrozen cold.

he was really really goodlooking, witty, smart and very down to earth.

hirap siya mag english since chinese usapan nila,

at first, sa mga expensive places tlga, pero since hindi naman ako

tlga mapili at maarte sa location ng dates, mas simple mas ok.

he even tried going out sa mga turo-turo na first time niya nagawa,

nagcofi, and had wonderful time.. since masyadong formal,

had the chance to suggest more simpler but elegant clothing

(palage kasi formal ang attire niya) na before, first time i saw him,

he wears polo, pants and black shoes, but now, marunong na mag short

pants, shirt and even wears slippers when going out! (what an influence.) :lol:

and now, i consider myself a princes, a VIP gal,

anything goody.. kasi as an expat-executive, he requested his

company for him to be assigned here in manila -to be with me.

para daw mas makilala niya pako! :wub:

he made a big effort for me. na alam kong bhira nangyayari not unless

interested ang guy sayo ;)

i do not need to explain more.

maybe i am poor speaking in filipino,

but had an idea of letting my filipina

secretary read your post and translate everything to me. :lol:

my lady, i am happy you appreciate the effort i exerted

being with you. and considered it memorable

and special. i have read and understand a few lines

enough to touch my heart.

my memorable date is written in chinitababe86's

post. it was only now that i've read this.

and it made me smile ;)

• 1 year later...

The two best dates I've ever been on both involved the beach.

Dude # 1 (half-German, first and last date, May 2010): He brought me to an island in Zambales. We pitched a tent and spent the afternoon deep-sea fishing. Come nightfall, he prepared dinner and we talked and talked and talked some more under pale moonlight. Although there was no "spark", I enjoyed his company and we're still friends to this day.

Dude # 2 (half-Austrian, first date, March 2009): I was really into this guy. He's fun and silly and sweet. We had dinner and cocktails by the beach and... well, I'd rather not go into details because I might forget that this is not an FR thread, thankyouverymuch. He's seeing the world right now. I still miss him sometimes.

Last date with my ex bf. If i didn't insist to be home by 6pm, he wouldn't have gone to his "friends". A tragic drinking spree. :(

First date with my husband. The intention is just to accompany me at CHED to secure CEL. Appreciating his gesture, we went to the movie as friends, came out of the cinema as lovers =)).

• 1 month later...