Here Or There?

• 4 weeks later...

when Erap became president, I left the philippines together with my family.

Now FPJ may become president, baka hindi na ako umuwi. Nakakahiyang maging Filipino kung ang lider mo na pinili ng kababayan mo ay kagaya ng mga taong ito.

Di bale sana kahit masamang tao ang presidente kung hindi na-elect at he is in power by force pwede mo pang itanggi na ayaw ng pinoy sa kanya. Pero pag nanalo sa election, anong klaseng lahi na tayo?

Good morning mainman1!

I am currently working and in the process of migrating to Australia. Yes, it would entail leaving friends and family behind but it is a small price to pay as compared to the opportunity to do what you love and be paid for it while fulfilling your dreams in the process. Leaving a significant other wasn't a problem. Since she couldn't accept that this is where my life was headed I just broke up with her - no point in having emotional baggage given that I had to be focused on my goals. May I add that though I was leaving friends behind, I wasn't losing them. I just see it as having a greater opportunity to increase my circle of friends, be in a better position to be of service to them, assist my family, and fulfil myself.

Given the political and hence economic situation of the country, I suppose the timing is perfect. Then again, this only relates to my purpose in life and what I endeavour to accomplish. Oh and it's not an option but a choice for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Leaving a significant other wasn't a problem. Since she couldn't accept that this is where my life was headed I just broke up with her - no point in having emotional baggage given that I had to be focused on my goals.

good for you. if she can't share your dream and support you, she's not worth keeping.

only to work. but not permanently reside abroad.

i'm patriotic. i know most would say im being idealistic for nothing. but

truth is, if we all leave, there will be no one rebuilding our country. we must

show our love of country by returning and using and teaching skills we learned

abroad. we must want to see progress happening, the strong want to see

our countrymen with more fulfilling lives.

I'd probably spend a year or two in the States. But I know I will come back to Manila. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. My friends are here. My family's here. I'm leaving June or July for the U.S. but I'll be back in a month or two. I still haven't decided but the trip in June can help me decide on something more definite.

I'd probably spend a year or two in the States. But I know I will come back to Manila. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. My friends are here. My family's here. I'm leaving June or July for the U.S. but I'll be back in a month or two. I still haven't decided but the trip in June can help me decide on something more definite.

Where state will you be in?

I lived in the states for three years iba pa din ang Pilipinas. My advise to people who would like to live in the U.S., make sure that you stay there legally. It is so difficult to establish a life there kung TNT. Specially after 9/11. If you have a comfortable life here, better stay here. Kahit gaano ka kagaling mag-english, kagaling mag-trabaho, you are still a second class citizen there.