K&n Air Filter - Claim To Add Hp

I kart from time to time. Either at Speedzone, Citykart, or the Carmona race track. The latter has REALLY fast karts, and is an actual racing track. I see people who've tried Speedzone, anybody who's tried Citykart?

i have tried citykart severla times, and one time nakasabay ko si gabby dela merced... :heart: :boo: wowoeeeeeeee!!! :thumbsupsmiley: :upside: :blush: more technical yung track nila and may overpass pa... :lol: sarap mag drift...

I've tried Kart Trak at Boom na Boom a couple times. There's no real straightaway on that track so the G-force is always present.

It takes a surprising amount of fitness to drive a go-kart for extended periods. After my 15-minute stints, I was spent. A sensitive left foot helps a lot, too, because it's surprisingly easy to lock up your brakes if you're not careful.

Go-karts are a lot like riding motorbikes. Bigger engines mean bigger power, but also mean a harder time for newbies.

Start small. Get the smallest-engined karts to accustom yourself to the strains of the sport while starting out. Remember that it takes a certain level of fitness to be a very effective karter, especially over long stints.

You have to master the kart, not the other way 'round

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

any engine with improved intake or exhaust will definitely add hp.. that's why pro drag racers doesn't use any intake filter to maximize air flow and maximizing the engine's power.. but if you're planning not to install any filter at all, make sure you don't drive it off road and have a regular change oil to prevent dirt to pile up in your engine that may wear your internals..

aftermarket air filters alone does not add hp, but it may give you better acceleration.

my mechanic always tells me to keep it stock if im not going for a full performance I H E

any car that has improved acceleration and perfomance without loosing some weight or higher octane gasoline definitely has an increase in power...

^^^ remember a 5% increase in a 140hp car is 7 hp. quite alot to promise for a cheap mod.

Only the Dyno machine will prove added HP via a air filter mod. It does increase HP tho... depends on the application.

yep sounds really good, pero the performance their saying is up to 5%, so pwede din lower, pero definitely there's some improvements, depende din sa engine design.. if you install a bigger tube intake with cone type filter, I think that an engine in good shape and properly tuned could give you 5% more power and better fuel consumption.. less restriction means better air flow.. better air flow means more to burn, more combustion means more power!

sa top end yata ang dag dag na hp , kaya kung di ka naman pa akyat ng bundok at di rin nakikipag karera eh di mo magagamit yung additional na hp, kailangan lagi ka na high rpm lol ang mahal pa naman ng gas.

Not exactly high rpm, hindi ka naman ng palit ng high comp racing pistons or cams para magbago power band ng engine mo.. just by removing restrictions in your intakes and exhaust will definitely increase power at low rpm, it doesn't give much max hp, but overall hp will improve.. in short, taas power band mo..

• 4 weeks later...

Sa scoot ko kasi simple lang yung mechanism nya.

Air----Carburator-----Engine(combustion)-----Mufflers-----Pipe(Exhaust)

If you take out the stock filter mas malakas pasok ng hangin so with that you need to adjust the fuel intake ng carbs mo. Now, you also need to change your stock pipe to an open pipe kasi malakas na yung pasok ng hangin and the exhaust is more and the standard stock pipe is restricted.Alaga nga lang talaga sa change oil since open na yunf air filter ko. I strongly believe na lumakas yung velocity nya ng 10%.

any engine with improved intake or exhaust will definitely add hp.. that's why pro drag racers doesn't use any intake filter to maximize air flow and maximizing the engine's power.. but if you're planning not to install any filter at all, make sure you don't drive it off road and have a regular change oil to prevent dirt to pile up in your engine that may wear your internals..

any car that has improved acceleration and perfomance without loosing some weight or higher octane gasoline definitely has an increase in power...

yep sounds really good, pero the performance their saying is up to 5%, so pwede din lower, pero definitely there's some improvements, depende din sa engine design.. if you install a bigger tube intake with cone type filter, I think that an engine in good shape and properly tuned could give you 5% more power and better fuel consumption.. less restriction means better air flow.. better air flow means more to burn, more combustion means more power!

not necessarily, you might actually lose power sa pag gamit ng mas malaking intake tube. sungaw galore! i have some friends na nag lose power sa dyno using a fatboy tube kaya nagpafabricate sila ng intake tube na may mas maliit na diameter. btw di lahat ng engine pwede i-full exhaust lalo na yung mga low displacement na engines, back pressure will be lost

not necessarily, you might actually lose power sa pag gamit ng mas malaking intake tube. sungaw galore! i have some friends na nag lose power sa dyno using a fatboy tube kaya nagpafabricate sila ng intake tube na may mas maliit na diameter. btw di lahat ng engine pwede i-full exhaust lalo na yung mga low displacement na engines, back pressure will be lost

Probably because of your sensor, there are sensor that measures vacuum or pressure in the intake tube and their are engines that totally rely on computer box for optimal fuel/air mixture, usually sensors are made for a certain tube, pagsobra sa laki the sensor wont able to adjust properly, so as for carb type engines if you notice they don't need any tube or sometimes bare lang it's becuase you can tune it manually to match the amount of air na higop ng engine.. a fatboy tube will work properly if you can manually tune the engine A/F ratio, meaning a reprogrammable computer box.. here's a picture example between big and small intake tube sensor that I was mentioning..

as for dyno, usually max hp lang napapansin "BUT..." loosing max hp is not bad as long as your average hp is better.. example, 300hp nga engine mo pro sandali lang sya nasa taas while the others may only have 270hp pero ung power band niya laging nasa taas then it's a lot better..

too big exhaust will definitely loose back pressure, some say loosing power as well, but based on curiosity, I played with my dad's FX that comes with a 7K, I removed the exaust ang natira lang stock headers tulad ng mga american pro dragsters, there was a noticeable increase in acceleration at low rpm and better at mid rpms.. tipid din sa gas unfortunately di ko natiis un ingay kaya balik stock..

paano yun pag wala ng restriction di mas madaming hangin ang papasok sa makina kahit pag naka idle, ngayon para ma take advantage mo yunn dapat dag dag ka rin ng fuel. kasi kung puro hangin lang baka hikain yung engine.

as for idling, your engine only needs same amount of power to keep it at the same rpm so it doesn't matter kung palit ka ng malaking tube as long as it both idles at the same rpm and doesn't run lean or rich then same pa rin consumption non.

ex: 1hp = idle 800rpm 4air + 1fuel = 1hp then idle 800rpm = 4air + 1fuel.

post-133290-1208867152.jpg

post-133290-1208867325.gif

i have installed a k&n conical filter and simota tube on my accord, noticed significant gains during acceleration.

had it installed by CEM along banawe cor. n. roxas. cost me P5900. small investment, huge gains. not to mention you'll be using it for the entire life of your car.

if you want a cheaper alternative, use simota filter instead. ok din naman siya, used it on my wife's lancer.

Edited by wolfpak
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...