N F L - National Football League

• 1 month later...

I got hosed this past week. Absolutely hosed. A 4-10 record puts me at 75-55 for the year and unceremoniously begins the back-end of the season (It also comes on the heels of me getting record numbers of google searches for "nfl picks"). Doesn't really surprise me, however, because making picks is more than just looking at stats and trends. The teams still have to play the game and there are intangibles that sway outcomes in all different directions. Anyways, enough excuses. Next week I will return to picking winners.

- The Brownies did it again. My heart has been ripped out so many times I shouldn't bother trying to put it back in. Somebody please help Jeff Garcia by CATCHING A BALL IN THE ENDZONE. Shea letting that ball go off his hands and into Reed's for that 106 yard return made me sick to my stomach. Jeff is doing everything and more to help us win and yet he keeps getting no support from his teammates.

- Tuna hit it right on the head when he said his team was dumb. You'd have to be to make all those mistakes and get thumped by the Bungles.

- I don't get the NY Giants. The same team doesn't show up every week. Five turnovers, over 100 penalty yards, allowing a rookie QB on a shaky team to throw touchdowns like he's an old pro. They wasted a perfect opportunity to close-in on the lead the Eagles had on the division.

- Even though the Chargers are winning, I'm not buying the Drew Brees hype. Call me a pessimist, call me ignorant, I don't care. I just don't see this guy as a top NFL QB by the time the season ends. Let's see if he proves me wrong.

- Peyton Manning is still the man. I can't say enough about how amazing he's playing. If you saw that left-handed shovel pass last night you know what I'm talking about.

People are giving all the credit for the Falcon and Jet resurgence to Vick and Pennington. WHile getting to good QBs back helps, they are far from the reason they are 5-1 and 5-0.

Jets can thank Martin and The Defense. Falcons can thank Dunn and The Defense.

That has been annoying for weeks.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

any american football fans here? i know its not as popular in the philippines but theres gotta be a few fans!

and if u're in the u.s., u know football is a BIG deal. the superbowl is like the christmas of the big football fans!

i'm a jaguars fan. :thumbsupsmiley: they're doing pretty good this season. they just beat the steelers last sunday ;)

what about you? what team are u rooting for?

p.s. but im like totally inlove with tom brady too :wub: haha

i believe we have an NFL thread somewhere.... i just can't find it...

go packers!!!!!!!! kahit 1-4 kaya pa yan bwahahahaha

the colts are looking good....

palpak ako sa salary cap football ko this week hehehehe

yea, i was surprised at first cuz i couldnt find a football thread and i couldnt help but think "theres gotta be some fans here!"

so.. just wondering, any specific reason why you're rooting for the packers?

i used to live in florida thats why i :heart: the jaguars :)

I live in the bay area..but both 49ners and Raiders are not doing good  :cry:

I think the colts will finally win the super bowl this yr

my cousin lives in the bay area too and is SUCH a good fan of the raiders... especially back when they were still really good. i think she still a HUGE FAN! half of the things in her house have something to do with the raiders! but yea, the raiders and the 49ers haven't been doing very good...

it IS looking good for the colts... let's just wait and see...

hopefully this thread is going to be a bit more active than the last one. the last one was actually started by a member who travels a lot and wanted to catch the games at a resto or hotel.

i don't have fave teams really...last year i was rooting for the Pats just to see if they could pull off another one. i wasn't disappointed. :)

colts are looking good. bengals are surprising. haven't caught a jaguars game. i hope the eagles are doing ok...anybody wanna plan an NFL game-EB?

B)

yea.. thats true. but i dont like 'em both  :P

sorry! hehe

send us the link if u ever find it

nah, I hate the yankees too lol

methinks the Colts will win it to, I don't think the Pats will be three-peat champs.

Monday Night Football is shown at ESPN every Tuesday morning.

They also sometimes show the Sunday game every Monday morning.

Sa Playoffs, NFC lang ang pinapalabas nila

yea, i was surprised at first cuz i couldnt find a football thread and i couldnt help but think "theres gotta be some fans here!"

so.. just wondering, any specific reason why you're rooting for the packers?

i used to live in florida thats why i  :heart: the jaguars  :)

yes there is an NFL thread.. here is the link..

and i will always be a 49ers fan.. i hope alex smith develops quickly into the quarterback they hope to be.. B)

Edited by bubuy