Credit Card Talk

Credit Cards are for suckers.....

Why would you say that??? You could get a credit limit amounting to the total amount available on your credit card and it's available to you at 0% interest for up to 84 days!!! I've been using credit cards and i know that some people tend to think that having one is like a free pass do spending as much as you can.

With a credit card you could join 0% promos, get points which you could trade for other things and, if ever, someone ever gets admitted sa hospital, just show them your credit card and no questions will be asked.

Credit card is a tool to financial management of spending since the billing will be given once a month and all the bill info is there. Is good for emergency and budggeting. As long as proper and decipline on using a credit card it do more good than harm.

Qutoed from Revi

"I think the reason why they keep on disapproving you is that you have not really convinced them on your security of tenure.. Meaning you have not been in your current workplace for a year.. Try applying after your 12th month.. Kasi baka kapag tumatawag sila sa HRD niyo, your HR informs them na kaka-regular mo pa lang.. Kasi di ba may probation months usually ang mga companies.. That is my take.."

Sir, I am now 1year on my current work, try ko ulit mag apply for cc, sa tingin nyo maaprove kahit walang akong house phone? by the way yung electric bill namin sa akin naka-name and wala nmn utang, ano po sa tingin nyo?

hey guys, nid your advise

i had some trouble last 2003 with bpi card. i missed a payment and they charged me interest etc. but i did not recvd the bill statement. i askd them to remove the extra charges and they refused. so i didnt pay the bill. then the interests started piling up and belive me the amount ballooned to over 300k from my actual purchases of 60k.

bpi filed a case against me in court. then finally they agreed to remove all other charges if i agree to pay the actual chages.

i paid my actual purchase of 60k without any other charges. bpi dropped the case and issued me a certificate of clearance that i had fully settled my balance. case dropped.

now my question is this. i dont know why i cannot apply with other credit cards. visa or master. i have my own business and is financially capable.. but i dont know why banks are rejecting my application.

can anybody help me?

i had some trouble last 2003 with bpi card. i missed a payment and they charged me interest etc. but i did not recvd the bill statement. i askd them to remove the extra charges and they refused. so i didnt pay the bill. then the interests started piling up and belive me the amount ballooned to over 300k from my actual purchases of 60k.

bpi filed a case against me in court. then finally they agreed to remove all other charges if i agree to pay the actual chages.

i paid my actual purchase of 60k without any other charges. bpi dropped the case and issued me a certificate of clearance that i had fully settled my balance. case dropped.

now my question is this. i dont know why i cannot apply with other credit cards. visa or master. i have my own business and is financially capable.. but i dont know why banks are rejecting my application.

can anybody help me?

maybe your put into the blacklist

can anybody help me?

same case here... but after about 5 years, i was given a cc form my own bank - bpi. after another year of good standing, i received a pre-approved card from citibank...

0% interest? there's no such thing. ask the salesperson how much is the cash price then do your math

I have asked this in some stores, Nelz.. And they tell me it is the same price if I do a 0% or pay in cash.. There are promos that credit card companies offer.. 0% installment is actually a promo.. Iba din yung hindi 0%.. The way I see it, meron talagang 0% interest..

IMO, having a credit card is more of a need in my case.. So as not to carry cash and to be able to budget my spending habits.. I pay the whole amount for every billing statement for every credit card I own.. Having a credit card entails discipline and responsibility.. If you don't have the two, I suggest, do not even think of owning one.. :rolleyes:

Qutoed from Revi

"I think the reason why they keep on disapproving you is that you have not really convinced them on your security of tenure.. Meaning you have not been in your current workplace for a year.. Try applying after your 12th month.. Kasi baka kapag tumatawag sila sa HRD niyo, your HR informs them na kaka-regular mo pa lang.. Kasi di ba may probation months usually ang mga companies.. That is my take.."

Sir, I am now 1year on my current work, try ko ulit mag apply for cc, sa tingin nyo maaprove kahit walang akong house phone? by the way yung electric bill namin sa akin naka-name and wala nmn utang, ano po sa tingin nyo?

Try to apply again.. You might get approved already.. The house phone is not necessary as long as you give correct contact information on the application form.. The billing statement is not a problem either.. If they ask for it, explain to the agent..

There are a lof factors that may lead to the disapproval of your application.. But now that you have been in your workplace for a year.. Then, I believe you now have a higher chance of getting approved.. :thumbsupsmiley:

can anybody help me?

I think you answered your own question which is the fact that you have a negative record in your credit history regardless of the fact that the case was resolved in your favor. It doesn't erased the fact from the lender's point of view that you werea delinquent client because you stop paying. Remember the creditors have their own set of rules regardless. You have to re established your credit worthiness, how to do this, I do not know but the best thing is to go back to BPI.

• 2 weeks later...

can anybody help me?

Dont get me wrong with my comment:

You know you have a balance of 60K, that big amount you dont easily forget. Having a credit card is like having great powers, and with great spending power comes with great responsibility. Not receiving a statement is not a good reason for not paying nor an excuse. A simple phone call could have been done and you're all set. ANticipate postal delays.You could have paid the 60k first then not pay the interest so that it would not have ballooned to 300k dba? I sometimes would not receive statements from HSBC and Citibank, but I make sure I call if i dont receive one. plus, you have internet access, you can visit the website as well and check your balance and due dates. Dami options, and hindi naman sila nagkulang to inform you of these options.

Just my 2 cents

Peace :thumbsupsmiley:

Dont get me wrong with my comment:

You know you have a balance of 60K, that big amount you dont easily forget. Having a credit card is like having great powers, and with great spending power comes with great responsibility.

Yep.. Much like Peter Parker.. haha.. Nice one, dude..

Not receiving a statement is not a good reason for not paying nor an excuse. A simple phone call could have been done and you're all set. ANticipate postal delays.You could have paid the 60k first then not pay the interest so that it would not have ballooned to 300k dba? I sometimes would not receive statements from HSBC and Citibank, but I make sure I call if i dont receive one. plus, you have internet access, you can visit the website as well and check your balance and due dates. Dami options, and hindi naman sila nagkulang to inform you of these options.

I agree. And to add.. Its not an excuse for you not to pay because your billing statement got delayed or it never came.. Its the responsibility of the Borrower to see to it that he pays on or before the due date.. Responsibility is the key word in having a credit card.. If you are not a responsible person, I suggest you don't acquire a credit card..

Yeah, but the poster actually wants to know why he's still on the black list even though he had already been given a clearance certificate.

But regarding the root of the problem (not paying the 60K despite the interest), it really was the credit holder's responsibility to pay for the amount due even though no bank statement was given.

Yeah, but the poster actually wants to know why he's still on the black list even though he had already been given a clearance certificate.

But regarding the root of the problem (not paying the 60K despite the interest), it really was the credit holder's responsibility to pay for the amount due even though no bank statement was given.

i agree and admit to my delay paying the statement. but my question is why am i still being denied? i had already paid bpi.

i agree and admit to my delay paying the statement. but my question is why am i still being denied? i had already paid bpi.

I read your first post re: being denied by other credit card companies.. I would not really know if you are listed in CMAP (Credit Management Association of the Philippines) due to that problem you had with BPI.. But there is a possibility that your name is still there even with a clearance given by BPI to you.. Why? Once your name gets listed in CMAP, it would be hard to get it off.. Its not an automatic thing (I think) that once you get cleared, CMAP would erase your name.. So, there is a possibility that you are still blacklisted..

The credit system in the Philippines (IMO) sucks big time.. Coz CMAP's records should be cleared with whoever the bank gives clearances to.. But that is not the case all the time.. Why? Coz as I have said the credit system in our country sucks.. Dahil hindi automated.. manual ang pag-e-erase ng names..

The problem with credit card companies is that there is a non-disclosure clause on the reason why your application for a credit card (or lines with banks) gets denied.. So, you would never know why.. And in there lies the problem, if you don't know if your name is still blacklisted.. how could you have CMAP erase your name?

There are other reasons, legend ako, kung bakit nadidisapprove ang isang kliyente.. If you have no ITR to show, if you have a business.. Baka dun ang reason.. Coz there are credit card companies who are strict in that.. ITR is important coz its your proof that you have a thriving business.. It also depends on the marketing/sales agent coz ther are agents na mahina dumiskarte at meron ding hindi..

There is no clear cut solution to your problem.. But I guess just try to re-apply again and again.. and find a good credit card agent for you..

Its funny.. But in our country, its more difficult to get a credit card if you are a businessman than if you are an employee.. Why? Coz employees have payslips and ITRs.. Businessmen forge their ITRs, or do not pay taxes, so no ITR, so no proof of income.. Just my two cents :P

Edited by revi

i read all replies here , like to add there is a another umbrella association called "credit card association of the phil" which they share names of client and data , the best chance of you to get a new credit card is talk to your bank manager and ask for a big favor , if failed , the best is open a new account with a new bank dep a large amount of cash maintain it for 6 mos they ask for a card. :headsetsmiley:

for credit card bills mas ok kung me online access ka sa CC companies like HSBC, BPI, Citibank, etc..

or pwede din telephone..

Credit Card is good lalo na for emergencies.

Alos, no need to bring cash while shopping pero make sure that you only spend what you can pay for the month. unless of course kung paylite or SIP.

Yung ibang tao kasi abusado sa credit card kaya nababalikan sila.

me and my gf applied for a credit card at citibank me as an extension to that. my gf is an attorny who works for court of appeals in manila...been working over a year already.she filled up the form and past it to 1 of the agent who gets the form from my office.CITIBANK called her up saying that lawyers are unable to get a credit card. my gf ask why but the agent or representative does not know the issue also. citibank also sent her a mail and that she will be able to apply again after 6 month.. getting the requirements was ez but the long wait and my gf being qualified and no defenite reason is like bs?? can anyone try to explain this? :)

Edited by Calif_ice
me and my gf applied for a credit card at citibank me as an extension to that. my gf is an attorny who works for court of appeals in manila...been working over a year already.she filled up the form and past it to 1 of the agent who gets the form from my office.CITIBANK called her up saying that lawyers are unable to get a credit card. my gf ask why but the agent or representative does not know the issue also. citibank also sent her a mail and that she will be able to apply again after 6 month.. getting the requirements was ez but the long wait and my gf being qualified and no defenite reason is like bs?? can anyone try to explain this? :)

Its actually no surprise to me that your GF was not given a credit card.. There are several people who are in a way, "blacklisted" in getting a credit line from banks and financial institutions..

1) Lawyers - credit institutions do not want headaches from a lawyer dissing them.. For credit companies, lawyers are headaches as they know too much and can circumvent the law.. thus, they are hard to collect from..

2) Policemen/Soldiers - high risk individuals.. not to mention also hard to collect from..

When I was working in a financial insitution.. off the bat kapag lawyer ka or pulis.. disapproved kaagad..

That is how credit companies set their guidelines.. These guidelines are not really written, but they are what you call "unwritten" guidelines that we all know as credit people.. We just stamp the application like.. "undesirable work/job, etc.." Coz remember that credit companies are not required to tell why the application was disapproved..

Without being prejudiced, banks need to protect their interests first before they can protect someone else's di ba? So, there.. It might be bullshit to some, but if you look at it in a bank's or credit institution's perspective, you would understand..

That is through experience, guys.. I am not saying I am correct but that is how we were taught where I worked.. and I am telling you I've been with 5 financial institutions that had the same guidelines.. haha..

Year ago, I applied for a credit card and and placed "advertising executive" in the space alloted for profession. Lo and behold, my application was disapproved. Reason UNSTABLE INCOME! This notwithstanding that I was a regular/permanent employee of a big multinational ad agency.

I've had a chance to talk to one of the officers of that bank who rejected my credit card application and was surprised that their bank rejected me. Their credit verifiers are sometimes too naive (even stupid) that they outright reject credit card applications if they don't know or understand the profession or business of the applicant.

If you're in this predicament, I suggest you establish a good rapport with the branch manager of the bank you do business with. Once you have established a good business relationship with the bank, the branch manager will gladly certify your credit card application. In some cases, the branch manager will even give you a pre-approved credit card with the usual membership due waived.