The I Quit Drinking Club

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I finally stopped drinking .......am i the only one here? :blink:

Interesting thread Waterbearer. Though I only drink socially, there is a distinct possibility I may quit altogether (a litre of Jack has remained untouched for months). Imagine having a nonalcoholic group here :huh: .

I also lost an uncle to cirrhosis.

Good luck to you if you are trying to stop and more power if you actually managed it.

This is the one vice (aside from women) that I cannot even imagine trying to give up - would never happen. I rarely drink during the week but come the weekend its let's get drunk time!!

Unfortunately, I also have a friend who is a dead set alcoholic - drinking at least a bottle of brandy before lunch - myself and his other friends have tried to help him but he can't seem to stop even though it is now affecting his life in many bad ways. He has no job anymore and may be about to lose his wife and child - very sad.

Sometimes when i reflect back on all the beers i drank, i feel ashamed...

Then i look into the glass and think about all the workers of the brewery and all their hopes and dreams...

If i don't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered...

Then i told myself...

"It is better to that i drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver."

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...