The Audi Thread

RS4

magkano kaya dito to?

yung Quattro all-wheel drive na A3 e more than 3Million ang price tag

Di ko alam kung magkano aabutin dito, its between $ 60,000 to $ 70,000. I don't know if the local dealership will bring it here. It's another car that will make me drool. And im quite sure the RS4 can give M3s and M5s a run for their money.

Di ko alam kung magkano aabutin dito, its between $ 60,000 to $ 70,000. I don't know if the local dealership will bring it here. It's another car that will make me drool. And im quite sure the RS4 can give M3s and M5s a run for their money.

the Local Dealership (PGA Cars) just launched the New Audi TT

and during the Launched, they also shown a RS4

so they are making this performance car available to the local market

Audi stirred my interest when I've seen the movie iRobot and The Transporter 2

According to motoring critics, Audi has better engine technology than BMW and DaimlerChrysler

specially in Diesel Technology

they are the first car manufacturer to win Le Mans with a Diesel Engine

Edited by brutus
the Local Dealership (PGA Cars) just launched the New Audi TT

and during the Launched, they also shown a RS4

so they are making this performance car available to the local market

Audi stirred my interest when I've seen the movie iRobot and The Transporter 2

According to motoring critics, Audi has better engine technology than BMW and DaimlerChrysler

specially in Diesel Technology

they are the first car manufacturer to win Le Mans with a Diesel Engine

Oh, so there is an RS4 pala dito... and PGA pala is carrying Audi. At least may competition na ang Auto Prominence in selling Audi, I think medyo mahina marketing ng Auto Prominence. And yes I agree na Audi engine technology is better than Merc or BMW. Pre did you kn ow that they invented the rotary engine, but they sold it to the Japs because it's not that fuel efficient? Also all Audi petrol engines has 5 (not four) valves per cylinder to maximise combustion. If IRobot and the Transporter made you look at Audi, you should try watching Ronin also (incidentally being shown sa AXN). It features an Audi S8 inone of the best car chases ever filmed.

Right on Q

By James Deakin

The Philippine STAR 01/31/2007

As much as BMW, Mercedes and Volvo will refuse to admit it, they have been dreading this day for a very long time. And rightfully so. The Q7 is the biggest thing to happen to the premium SUV segment since the launch of the Porsche Cayenne. Facelifts come and go, but a new model from the ground up? Well, take two aspirins and call me when the sales stop slipping. Not that any of us are surprised, of course — to the contrary, we all knew it was just a matter of time before Audi jumped into this segment — what’s exciting is that most of us couldn’t wait to see Audi’s interpretation of the highly lucrative 7-seater SUV.

I mean, if anyone could pull it off, or have any right to capitalize from this premium SUV craze in the first place, it would have to be Audi. They did, after all, pioneer the Quattro system, and have already been producing the very capable, A6 based, All-Road for some time now. Throw in some of those Porsche driving genes and plenty of Volkswagen’s money, and you have the perfect recipe for European bling, if there’s even such a thing.

So you can imagine my surprise the first time I saw it. Perhaps my expectations were just too high, but I just couldn’t get my head around the design. I know that’s subjective, but hell, from some angles it looks like the Cayenne raped the Touareg. From up front, I think it is quite stunning. As it tapers to the rear, however, that’s when things start going a little awry. As I stepped around the back of it, staring at it from the three-quarter rear angle, it was like looking at the automotive explanation of why it’s against the law for cousins to marry each other.

But that’s just me. I actually know of many people who quite like the design. Besides, once you get nestled inside the tastefully designed cabin and sink in to those infinitely adjustable fragrant leather seats, twist the key and start pushing almost two and a half tons of precious metal around, you forget about the look for a while.

As we expected, Audi engineers turned to Porsche for the driving dynamics and Volkswagen for comfort. They added their own tuning and software to create its own DNA and threw in some air suspension and the fabulous, Le Mans-winning diesel engine in there plus a 6-speed automatic transmission with DSP that is smarter than half of Congress combined. It understands you, for a start. It shifts seamlessly, but more importantly, it reacts incredibly quickly to adapt itself to suit your driving style. The weight, plus its longer wheel base, tricks you into thinking our roads are better than they really are.

Barreling down EDSA, for example, had me wondering whether our politicians had snuck in the night before and resealed it just in time for elections. The double wishbones all around, with the aluminum fronts, kept this German heavyweight remarkably composed, while the air suspension took the edge off the bumps and cushioned the blows from those gaping big pot holes that are large enough to charge you for parking.

I’m not convinced that it is the best handling SUV around, and I may not have had the opportunity to take it off road (aside from EDSA) but I believe that the Q7 strikes up a terrific compromise and puts together one of the most convincing arguments for a premium SUV on our local roads.

The most impressive feature, by far, is that incredible diesel engine. The engineers at Audi have really done a terrific job. It is not just seriously quick; it also has a very smooth and more usable power delivery than say, the previous generation X5, which gives you all the goods up front only to run out of breath when you really want it. Audi’s TDI engines, whether put to duty in the A6 or in this behemoth, start off with far less urgency than the equivalent 3.0 of BMW, but keeps a bit up its sleeve when it starts to stretch its legs on a nice piece of open road, all while turning in some of the tidiest fuel consumption figures you’re ever likely to read about.

The result is a more drivable SUV than you otherwise thought possible. Whether tooling around town, tearing up a dirt road or a clean stretch of highway, the Q7 delivers bucket loads of comfort without losing its fairly sharp handling. It still feels big, and you will know all about it when you squeeze through some underground car parks or tight streets, but it carries its weight quite well.

The third row folds completely flat and does so without needing a three-page instruction booklet. It uses basically one lever. But bear in mind, it is recommended for small children, amputees or stuffed animals. There’s not a lot of leg room in the third row, which is in stark contrast to the second, but the upside is, even with all rows up, luggage space is still quite generous.

This would be my first choice for long, out of town jaunts with the family. But I guess what you really want to know is if it is better than an X5, ML, Cayenne or Volvo XC90? Well, it’s different. I’m a big fan of the last X5, especially with that huge tidal wave of torque, but I admit that there are some trade offs for all that terrific power and handling. The Q7 may not be as focused as a Porsche, nor as quick, but it is more comfortable than both a Cayenne and an X5, albeit the last generation; it is more composed than the XC90 over long drives and challenging roads, but the Volvo has nicer seats; it lacks the suppleness of the Benz but it feels more sophisticated, plus it has that wonderful air suspension that is found on the far more expensive Range Rover.

Speaking of expensive, the Q7 comes in just over six million big ones, which is a little higher than the previous generation X5. At that price, you become far less forgiving. So if at times I sound a little harsh, it’s only because Audi has positioned itself right smack bang in the middle of the fight, which is a far cry from how things were done before. In fairness, you do get more kit for your cash, like the adaptive air suspension for one, an extra row of seats and a premium SUV with fewer compromises.

There has never been a better time to be rich. There are some incredible choices available right now, and the introduction of the Q7 just pushes the envelope even further — and you can count on some terrific deals opening up to get you into one. This is a segment where every single sale counts. So it will get nasty, I’m sure, but don’t expect PGA to straddle the perimeter of the segment trying to pick up left over sales from those that couldn’t afford the entrance fee of the more established brands like BMW and Benz; no, sir — these guys have earned their right to fight in the heavyweight division and are already punching well above their weight.

The good: Terrific diesel engine; Air suspension; Wonderful interior.

The bad: Design is a little awkward from some angles.

The Verdict: May not be the perfect SUV, but could be the perfect compromise

http://www.reportmotori.it/Audi%20Q7%20-%20TreQuarti800.jpg

Right on Q

By James Deakin

The Philippine STAR 01/31/2007

As much as BMW, Mercedes and Volvo will refuse to admit it, they have been dreading this day for a very long time. And rightfully so. The Q7 is the biggest thing to happen to the premium SUV segment since the launch of the Porsche Cayenne. Facelifts come and go, but a new model from the ground up? Well, take two aspirins and call me when the sales stop slipping. Not that any of us are surprised, of course — to the contrary, we all knew it was just a matter of time before Audi jumped into this segment — what’s exciting is that most of us couldn’t wait to see Audi’s interpretation of the highly lucrative 7-seater SUV.

I mean, if anyone could pull it off, or have any right to capitalize from this premium SUV craze in the first place, it would have to be Audi. They did, after all, pioneer the Quattro system, and have already been producing the very capable, A6 based, All-Road for some time now. Throw in some of those Porsche driving genes and plenty of Volkswagen’s money, and you have the perfect recipe for European bling, if there’s even such a thing.

So you can imagine my surprise the first time I saw it. Perhaps my expectations were just too high, but I just couldn’t get my head around the design. I know that’s subjective, but hell, from some angles it looks like the Cayenne raped the Touareg. From up front, I think it is quite stunning. As it tapers to the rear, however, that’s when things start going a little awry. As I stepped around the back of it, staring at it from the three-quarter rear angle, it was like looking at the automotive explanation of why it’s against the law for cousins to marry each other.

But that’s just me. I actually know of many people who quite like the design. Besides, once you get nestled inside the tastefully designed cabin and sink in to those infinitely adjustable fragrant leather seats, twist the key and start pushing almost two and a half tons of precious metal around, you forget about the look for a while.

As we expected, Audi engineers turned to Porsche for the driving dynamics and Volkswagen for comfort. They added their own tuning and software to create its own DNA and threw in some air suspension and the fabulous, Le Mans-winning diesel engine in there plus a 6-speed automatic transmission with DSP that is smarter than half of Congress combined. It understands you, for a start. It shifts seamlessly, but more importantly, it reacts incredibly quickly to adapt itself to suit your driving style. The weight, plus its longer wheel base, tricks you into thinking our roads are better than they really are.

Barreling down EDSA, for example, had me wondering whether our politicians had snuck in the night before and resealed it just in time for elections. The double wishbones all around, with the aluminum fronts, kept this German heavyweight remarkably composed, while the air suspension took the edge off the bumps and cushioned the blows from those gaping big pot holes that are large enough to charge you for parking.

I’m not convinced that it is the best handling SUV around, and I may not have had the opportunity to take it off road (aside from EDSA) but I believe that the Q7 strikes up a terrific compromise and puts together one of the most convincing arguments for a premium SUV on our local roads.

The most impressive feature, by far, is that incredible diesel engine. The engineers at Audi have really done a terrific job. It is not just seriously quick; it also has a very smooth and more usable power delivery than say, the previous generation X5, which gives you all the goods up front only to run out of breath when you really want it. Audi’s TDI engines, whether put to duty in the A6 or in this behemoth, start off with far less urgency than the equivalent 3.0 of BMW, but keeps a bit up its sleeve when it starts to stretch its legs on a nice piece of open road, all while turning in some of the tidiest fuel consumption figures you’re ever likely to read about.

The result is a more drivable SUV than you otherwise thought possible. Whether tooling around town, tearing up a dirt road or a clean stretch of highway, the Q7 delivers bucket loads of comfort without losing its fairly sharp handling. It still feels big, and you will know all about it when you squeeze through some underground car parks or tight streets, but it carries its weight quite well.

The third row folds completely flat and does so without needing a three-page instruction booklet. It uses basically one lever. But bear in mind, it is recommended for small children, amputees or stuffed animals. There’s not a lot of leg room in the third row, which is in stark contrast to the second, but the upside is, even with all rows up, luggage space is still quite generous.

This would be my first choice for long, out of town jaunts with the family. But I guess what you really want to know is if it is better than an X5, ML, Cayenne or Volvo XC90? Well, it’s different. I’m a big fan of the last X5, especially with that huge tidal wave of torque, but I admit that there are some trade offs for all that terrific power and handling. The Q7 may not be as focused as a Porsche, nor as quick, but it is more comfortable than both a Cayenne and an X5, albeit the last generation; it is more composed than the XC90 over long drives and challenging roads, but the Volvo has nicer seats; it lacks the suppleness of the Benz but it feels more sophisticated, plus it has that wonderful air suspension that is found on the far more expensive Range Rover.

Speaking of expensive, the Q7 comes in just over six million big ones, which is a little higher than the previous generation X5. At that price, you become far less forgiving. So if at times I sound a little harsh, it’s only because Audi has positioned itself right smack bang in the middle of the fight, which is a far cry from how things were done before. In fairness, you do get more kit for your cash, like the adaptive air suspension for one, an extra row of seats and a premium SUV with fewer compromises.

There has never been a better time to be rich. There are some incredible choices available right now, and the introduction of the Q7 just pushes the envelope even further — and you can count on some terrific deals opening up to get you into one. This is a segment where every single sale counts. So it will get nasty, I’m sure, but don’t expect PGA to straddle the perimeter of the segment trying to pick up left over sales from those that couldn’t afford the entrance fee of the more established brands like BMW and Benz; no, sir — these guys have earned their right to fight in the heavyweight division and are already punching well above their weight.

The good: Terrific diesel engine; Air suspension; Wonderful interior.

The bad: Design is a little awkward from some angles.

The Verdict: May not be the perfect SUV, but could be the perfect compromise

TY for the article man, James Deakin has always been one of my favorite motoring journalists, the only Filipino in fact along with Csaba Csere, Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond and Tiff Needel.

And yes, the Q7 is an expected move by Audi, after flirting with the SUV design some ten years ago with a concept called the All Road Quattro. An over-engineered yet exquisite piece of machinery. Imagine, the car lowers itself automatically at high speeds and raises itself at rock climbing pace. How cool is that? :)

http://www.reportmotori.it/Audi%20Q7%20-%20TreQuarti800.jpg

ahhhh the "neglected" german brand from ingolstadt

personally i'd like to see more of 'em on the road

not that i hate bmw or mb, its just that there are so many of them around.

so if you have the money and want to go german, try audi.

i'd love to get my hands on a RS6 or TT

mmmmmmm :lol:

ahhhh the "neglected" german brand from ingolstadt

personally i'd like to see more of 'em on the road

not that i hate bmw or mb, its just that there are so many of them around.

so if you have the money and want to go german, try audi.

i'd love to get my hands on a RS6 or TT

mmmmmmm :lol:

Ingolstadt... you must know Audi quite well . :)

I had a pleasure of riding in an RS4 Avant from Hong Kong to Dongguan, China last year, it's my supplier's car. It looks stock with the ff. installed: wheels to BBS 19's with Pirellis, Brembo brakes, bilstein coil overs, strut bars, and upgraded intake.

There were 4 of us and I was seated in front and the normal 3 hours drive only took us under 2 hours. The guy's been driving to/from HK twice a week so he pretty much knows the highway very well but he drives like a madman, accelerate hard, brake hard, but controlled. Maybe he's showing off but it was very exciting ride, the car felt like it's on rails. Speed varied from 180kph to 230khp on long straights, but it feels slower, no vibration whatsoever. Definitely one of my best rides.

http://mediaservice.audi.com/media/urs/e/f/c/m/50227/2007/8EC0A4/14%205b5b/bbo6fa/dar3s0/eil7m1/radc7a/zie4ze.jpg

Driving the Audi A4 1.8T

By Andy Leuterio

The Philippine STAR 02/14/2007

Audi’s compact A4 is a looker, but you already knew that. With its chiseled flanks, gaping grille, and classy interior, you know that it is a special kind of car, the kind that turns the driving experience into something poetic and every copy writer’s masterpiece. It’s the type of car you imagine carving a mountain road, with perhaps Brad Pitt behind the wheel, orchestral music playing in the background, on the way to the mountain villa to save the world with Angelina Jolie by his side. Something like that.

But one look at the badge on its rump and, well, visions of Pyrenean mountain passes and to-die-for looks (yours or Angelina’s) come crashing down to Earth faster than you can say "1.8T". What’s going on here? You’re spending the equivalent of a small house for a car and all you get is a 1.8-liter, four-cylinder engine? When you’re equating displacement with desirability, 1.8 liters does seem paltry for this semi-preciously priced car. That might be fine for a Civic, but one that costs more than three of those? Hmm...

But there, you see, is Audi’s big secret. So what if it’s got a small motor? This is the classic case of the little engine that could, because Audi’s little zinger is boosted with a low-pressure turbocharger. So equipped, it’s rated at 163 horsepower at 5,700 rpm and a truck-like torque range of 22.5 kg-m from 1,950 rpm to 4,700 rpm. While motorheads might point out that Audi’s other turbocharged 4-banger, the 2-liter with direct fuel injection rated at 220 horsepower and 30 kg-m of torque, is the one we should be raving about, ask yourself just how much power do you really need in this traffic-clogged country? Over the course of four days, our 1.8T test unit performed docilely in traffic and was satisfyingly brisk when the road opened up.

Equipped with the continuously variable transmission technology which Audi calls "Multitronic", we’re quickly becoming converts to this kind of transmission. No, that’s not right: this is the best automatic we’ve ever tested. In the normal "D" and "S" positions, the transmission is in full-auto mode, biased towards fuel economy in "D" (Drive) and to performance in "S" (Sport).

But, two paddle shifters behind the 9 and 3 o’ clock steering wheel spokes can instantly override those two settings if you need to, like if you need a quick downshift to overtake, for example. After a certain period of time when the computer notes that you haven’t been manually shifting, it reverts back to full-auto mode. Or, you can push the shift lever to the manual "+,-" gate and toggle shifts via the lever or the steering wheel.

Why the redundancy? On a twisting road where you’re turning the steering wheel past a 90-degree angle with hands shuffling over the rim, it might be more comfortable to use the lever rather than the paddles. Or maybe you’re a traditionalist who likes the tactile sensation of tugging and pushing a lever rather than a Playstation-style set of paddles. Whatever your preference, the Multitronic gives you all your options, and does so smoothly and transparently, with never a missed shift or the sensation of shift shock.

In concert with the (lightly) boosted motor, the A4’s drivetrain makes for a willing accomplice for hooligan-style driving. Mash the throttle to the floor, toggle the paddles F1-style with eyes glued to the road and soon you’re surging through the road like a scalded cat, listening to that motor sing to the redline with velvety smoothness. Driver sightlines are good all-around, the brakes inspire confidence, and the firm suspension is absorbent over the rough stuff. The front-wheel drive platform means it’s not as nimble as a BMW 3-Series at the limit, but generally the car has a nice, neutral-handling demeanor that any driver respectful of the laws of physics can master. Once you’ve gotten familiar with the engine’s characteristics and the car’s dimensions, you’ll be slicing in and out of traffic and forgetting that, well, this is one of those expensive cars that might cost an arm and a leg to repair if you break something. And since you don’t get rich by burning your money, would-be buyers will be happy to know that our lead footed driving still merited fuel economy of 9 kilometers per liter.

But then again, this is not a car you need to drive quickly to have a good time. When you’re not savoring the drivetrain’s can-do demeanor, you’re just as likely to be enjoying the cabin’s upper-class ambience, from the fine grain of the dashboard to the fragrant aroma of leather to the superb sound system. Or maybe you’ll be standing outside, savoring every inch of the taut sheetmetal, wondering how you could possibly make it look better, and then conceding that you probably can’t.

It’s one of those designs that’s sporty and timeless at the same time, in typical Audi fashion looking like it had been carved from a solid block of granite. With a price tag that’s aimed at very well-heeled buyers, and an engine badge that’s not designed to excite the ignorati, the A4 is not for everyone. Just for the sensible enthusiast who wants a competent driving partner and a feel-good ownership experience in one package.

THE GOOD: So classy you’ll always feel under-dressed. Sweetheart of a motor. Eager-to-please CVT. Firm, yet comfortable ride.

THE BAD: Tight backseat space. Mildly complicated cockpit controls. Those nagging concerns about Audi reliability.

THE VERDICT: A sensible sports sedan that’s eager to please whether you’re in traffic or on the open road.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...