Hotel Around Ortigas

• 4 months later...

I stayed the the Malayan Plaza when they just opened around early 2006 if I remember correctly. The rooms were nice and clean, furnishings were contemporary, nice and professional front desk people, and a very decent breakfast buffet. The only thing I didn't like during my 1 week stay was that some of the rooms were still under construction and I would wake up to the banging of hammers at around 7am, not much chance to sleep in. I also didn't want to use their inhouse broadband network, which costs an extra $10 per day at the time so when I decided to go dial-up, I had to make a special request to allow dial-up connections on their PBX. I wasn't able to establish dial-up connections otherwise. On the plus side, their service was truly excellent. I called the front desk for service late night when one of the lamp shades went out. I had a service man on my doorstep in 10 mins to replace the bulb, no issues at all. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay. I would love to stay again except their rates have gone up so much in the past year or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hi,guys, i hope you could help me out with these dilemma of mine. me and a few friends of mine are looking for a place to stay overnight for a stag party. around 12-15pax. preferably somewer in qc but if not, ok rin lang. should have a separate bedroom, like a suite i guess. budget is aroud 6-8k. i wasnt so sure if these is the right place to ask so post ko na lang. hoping na may mag reply. :rolleyes:

Discovery Suites or Astoria I can recommend. Stayed in both. Discovery is classier and a little more expensive.

Astoria, for a stag party good enough for sure. The beds have nice mattresses!

hi,guys, i hope you could help me out with these dilemma of mine. me and a few friends of mine are looking for a place to stay overnight for a stag party. around 12-15pax. preferably somewer in qc but if not, ok rin lang. should have a separate bedroom, like a suite i guess. budget is aroud 6-8k. i wasnt so sure if these is the right place to ask so post ko na lang. hoping na may mag reply. :rolleyes:
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Other than Shang, there's Oakwood Premier on ADB Avenue. It opened last September (I think) so you can expect the facilities to be in tip-top shape. I stayed there one weekend (Friday to Sunday) and got the one-bedroom apartment, which features a fully-equipped kitchen, Oakwood signature bed(s) and pillows, comfy and spacious living room, THREE LCD TV's, soundbar, DVD player, steam bath, tub, oh, I can go on and on.

Richmonde, Linden, Astoria, and Discov pale in comparison.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...