Which Is/was Better: Dorm, Room For Rent Or Apt?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tried all. Dormitories are congested, with common areas for everything -dining, stuyding, etc...comes with food din so if you like eating outside, sayang lang.

Apartments/condo-type units are ok, quite expensive, but can be practical if you share the rent with 2 or 3 other colleagues.

Rooms for rent are the cheapest, but limited space, obviously. You're practically free to bring anyone :evil: ....unlike in an apartment setting where you'd have to make extra arrangements with your buddies.

masaya sa boarding house matuto ka makisama at matuto ka ng lahat ng gusto mo at ayaw mo... imagine mo na lang 30 persons kami boys and girls 3 floors na magulo hehehe . ewan ko kung ganyan pa rin ngayon sa sampaloc . nakasama pa nga namin si louie espinosa at later on si manny pacquiao hehehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

when I was still in college, what I got was just a room

pinakikisamahan ko yung tita ko (kahit na nagbabayad ako like any regular person who rents rooms), and that could be quite difficult

pero some of my friends who stayed in boarding houses lost some stuff, o kaya naman hihiraman ng clothes ng boardmates nila (that's absolutely gross! ni hindi nga relative tapos hihiram sila ng clothes.. )

if I just spent my money correctly, I could've gotten an apartment nung college days ko

Naka-apartment ako nung college... Yung condo style.

Mas masaya yung apartment kasi ako lang mag-isa dun.

Lahat ng gusto kong gawin nagagawa ko.

Tapos kaibigan ko pa yung gurad nung building kaya talagang kahit ano pwede kong gawin at kahit sino pwede kong papasukin ng wala ng tanong-tanong pa at di na rin nila kailangan mag-iwan pa ng id or magsulat sa visitors log book.

Kung makakapagsalita lang ang dingding ng apartment ko nun at makakapagsumbong sa parents ko...

Baka matagal na akong pinatay ng magulang ko.

Hehehehe...

• 4 months later...

Apartment is privacy, quiet, but also can be lonley

Dorm is not private, loud, often dirty, but a lot of people around

I preferred an apartment... I am biased because I was placed in a filthy dormitory, given a stiff and uncomfortable bed, and didn't like my roommates. I lasted about a week before moving into my girlfriend's apartment... But that's a whole other set of problems, :upside:

sheesh... memories...

when i attended a school in manila...

post grad...

i was forced to get a place for the purpose of parking my books...

i did it for only a semester...

it was my sorority sister's idea to bunk with her since it was my plan to stay there two days a week max...

unfortunately, it was a room for four people...

and one of our roommates would spray on this cheap perfume every morning before leaving...

goodness... that smell was more than enough to wake everyone up...

and the smell stayed on for hours...

arghhhh!!!!

anyway... piece of advice...

get your own room...

it doesnt matter if you share the kitchen or the toilet or the receiving area...

just make sure you keep your own space...

if the option is available to you...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Based on my experience

Freshman - best to get a dorm. new friends. good network of friends. some friendship would last for a lifetime. yung iba nag katuluyan. E-kahit nga mga E-heads nag dorm sa Kalayaan. Just listen to the lyrics song "Minsan". That would summarize what you get sa dorm. Matuto ka rin makipag deal sa ibat ibang klasing tao. Daming mga characters sa dorm. Dami din mga activity sa dorms, well at least sa UP and sa ADMU. Masaya naman sa dorm.

Got our own rooms/pad/batcave in our junior year. Kaso malapit sa school palagi din pinupuntahan nang mga kaibigan. Minsan kahit 12 nang gabi may kumakatok at makikitulog.

• 2 weeks later...