O-desk.com

• 4 weeks later...

Made an account here a few months back. For web developers/programmers, medyo sobrang saturated na. Hirap makakuha ng project kahit mababa na bid/rate mo. Lots of competition from all over. You need to have a skill/specialization that's not that common yet.

It's still worthwhile to create your profile though, I got several interview invitations for projects I didn't apply/bid on. I guess they just did a search for a particular skillset. Too bad, I was already loaded when I got them. :lol:

Edited by kariton
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a caveat on the fact no commitment on the jobs you do. I get to understand that to mean I do not really have any control if the remote employer would really pay my bid or would really pay me for the work I do... on step 3 it says no commitment. I also get concerned about the NDA thing... the non disclosure agreement. Sometimes non legal operations are done using these devices and it may be cause for concern... never the less its worth looking into if you just want small jobs that will not cost too much dent on your time if you have a regular day job...

Edited by sleep_heavy
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have not tried internet marketing yet. Sabi nila baka risky din minsan.

it doesn't need to be. you can just post articles online and it won't cost you. syempre, less satisfactory ang kita mo. PM me, let's talk about it.

I did really dig into o-desk and yeah, grabe saturated na nga sya and it does focus on IT and web stuff, more of technical. so it's not for everyone.

• 1 year later...

i was into oDesk for a while when i was still able to work day shifts at my regular job. i had to quit oDesk because my job required me to do night shifts forever.

i have to say it was really hard in the beginning, especially since there were just wayyyy too many people who did writing and virtual assistant tasks. i started with an hourly job of $1.50. that's peanuts to Americans, but i did it anyway just to get feedback i could use to entice more potential employers. eventually, i was able to get more projects and raise my rate. one guy even paid me $8/hour just to review the aesthetics and grammar of his website. another paid me $7.50 for the same work. and there was one week that i got paid $350!

masarap kumita diyan... kelangan mo lang talagang tiyagain at galingan... the money's pretty good if you're pretty good at what you do.

alas, i couldn't give up my regular job because of all my benefits... but if time comes that i'm just bumming around at home or i'm jobless, i'd surely go back to oDesk. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

chagaan lang mag apply dito.. odesk is a web portal for employers and job seekers. I should say masmabilis makakuha ng trabaho dito kesa sa ibang web portals. There are two types of job openings set by employers:

project based - you are charging them by the project (you set the terms like 50% down - 50% upon completion, or no down.. bahala ka)

hourly based - This is the best advantage ng odesk. You are charging them per hour (wag nyo naman sirain ang dangal ng mga pilipino para pumatol sa mga less than $1/hr. remember kayo din ang gumagastos ng internet at kuryente nyo.

Know your worth. Kung sa office environment kumikita kayo ng 1k/day, and hanap nyo sa odesk ay similar work, then please, try to give an asking price of at least $4/hr. Match the opening with its actual rate here in our country at least. Pero, wag naman tayo magpabarat, hindi natin need ang ganitong job kung pati sa dayuhan online magpapa isang kahig isang tuka din tayo.

Maraming barat na employers, especially the Europeans. But marami din OK magbayad as in mejo lower than actual rate from their country, but equivalent to under the table US jobs (5-11 USD per hour starting) I've seen some profiles who are under contract of $20/hr, pinoy din sya.

Mejo mataas ang competition dito, especially we have India to compete with. And it's no different from the real world job applications or project proposals. may letter of introduction talaga kayo na gagawin. Buff up your profile: take tests for proficiency dahil lalabas din to sa profile nyo, fill your profile with information that attract them that you can really do the job without problems. In other words, please the employer to get the job. Maraming employers na tamad at ang gusto nila ay taong mapagkakatiwalaan nila, especially online, hindi nila nakikita mga employees nila.

Mejo matagal din ako naghanap ng work dito until I nailed one. Chagaan lang na makauna sa pila ng mga job openings. These people swarm like bees. Pag may job opening, expect in an hour na number 10 ka na sa pila. Sometimes even more.

So if you wish to get jobs on this site, chagain mo lang and you will get one.

• 5 weeks later...

Try us: www.remotestaff.com.ph. we have full time and part time positions. no project based work its a career! :-) create an online profile there. its a home-based job using your internet connection, computer and your previous work experience. when you sign up, might as well put my name on your referral (Chris Reyes)

Try us: www.remotestaff.com.ph. we have full time and part time positions. no project based work its a career! :-) create an online profile there. its a home-based job using your internet connection, computer and your previous work experience. when you sign up, might as well put my name on your referral (Chris Reyes)

i checked the website... it's hard work... you work 40 hours a week and you get paid monthly? that's too much of a risk for me. dunno about others...

just sayin...

Edited by maniaclara

i checked the website... it's hard work... you work 40 hours a week and you get paid monthly? that's too much of a risk for me. dunno about others...

just sayin...

That's for full time post.. for part time its just 4 hours a day. yes we get paid once a month coz we're called contractors for an international client Australia, US and UK..

That's for full time post.. for part time its just 4 hours a day. yes we get paid once a month coz we're called contractors for an international client Australia, US and UK..

well, to each his own... i think oDesk work is better for me. some jobs only require about 5-10 hours a week, which is a good thing since i have a full-time job anyway.

incidentally, your signature caught my eye... i suppose you're from CVG? (off-topic na... hehe)

• 1 month later...

Errr, you can earn big here if you have the right skills. I was once offered an interview with a pay of $1,000 a week for legal consultancy. Sad to say, I didn't have the qualifications and I don't have a law degree so I had to decline. I'm looking into some design jobs just to earn extras. :)

• 9 months later...