The Football Thread

Labuyo

Guest fhoryou

dami pala soccer fans.

I wish fans in the philippines also get wild as fans in world cup events.

If you seen gals take of their tops on such events.

Its really wild in soccer than basketball.

Who used to play with Go For Goal by Coca Cola?

i didn't want to sacrifice sleep to catch the game, so i had to make do with a minute to minute from www.skysports.com

just read from the bottom though

Manchester Utd (1) 4-3 Real Madrid (3)

Van Nistelrooy 42 Ronaldo 12, 50, 59

Helguera og 52

Beckham 71, 84

Champions League semi-final second leg

Old Trafford, Wednesday, April 23

Minute Action

90+4 ALL OVER! Real have done it 6-5 on aggregate - and wasn't it fun to watch. Sensational stuff from these two sides, surely the Spaniards will retain their crown back here at Old Trafford come May. We'll be there - make sure you are!

90+3 BOOKING! Fortune hammers into Makelele. I'm no prude, but it would be a shame to see such a great game end in an ill-tempered way.

90+2 BOOKING! Hierro carded for clattering into van Nistelrooy. Beckham flashes the free-kick over though

90+1 ADDED TIME! Four minutes added on

90mins WRONG! Either Tomasson or Inzaghi has just put Milan 3-2 ahead. Details unclear, but it looks like three Italians in the last four then

90mins SO CLOSE! Van Nistelrooy bustles down the right channel, pulls it back but Giggs can't get the touch

89mins DUTCH TREAT! News from the other quarter-final suggests Ajax are in the semis, along with Inter, Juventus and of course Real

87mins SUBSTITUTION! Del Bosque shuts the stable door before the horse bolts completely and replaces Figo with Pavon, a central defender

86mins OOOH! Van Nistelrooy joins in the barrage, blazine just wide from 30 yards, to continue the surreal atmosphere arounf Old Trafford

85mins OOOH! Real are being sloppy and Giggs is allowed to shoot as they fail to clear. Sadly for United it's straight at Casillas.United have had enough chances to win this!

84mins GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!

BECKHAM makes it interesting! Van Nistelrooy dances round Helguera, his shot cannons off Casillas and bounces goalwards off Hierro for Golden Balls to slide in and apply the final touch

83mins SIT DOWN! Carlos tries to match Beckham with a 30-yard free-kick, but as is so often the case, the final effort does not match the dramatic run up and it grubs into the wall

81mins SUBSTITUTION! Fortune comes on for Keane, who talked the talk, never came close to walking the walk and must now warm the bench for the final 10 minutes

79mins OOH! Van Nistelrooy, who has been superb again, spins on a Beckham pass infield and lashes just over the top

78mins SUBSTITUTION! Phil Neville gets a taste of the big time again, with Silvestre making way

77mins BLIMEY! A back-heel from Figo, a step-over from Zidane and United are cut open. Shame it was a shoddy finish from Portillo - even if the flag was up for off-side

76mins FUMBLE! Casillas gets away with it again though as he clutches Giggs' driven cross at the second attempt

75mins TOUCH! Keane has space in the box as he pulls down a Beckham cross, but the control is rotten to be quite honest

72mins BOOKING! Figo booked for diving. Despite the scoreline, he does not look best pleased, the Portuguese wing wizard

71mins GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!

Another BECKHAM trademark. Free-kick 23 yards out, just to the right of goal. The sub steps up and bends a belter round the wall and in off the underside of the bar. Special even by his standards.

68mins SUBSTITUTION! Not quite the same reception for Scouser McManaman as he departs to make way for Portillo

68mins WHAT A MISS! Beckham, doing what he does best, whips in a great ball from the right, Casillas misses it but Solskjaer stoops to head wide of the near post. Should've been 3-3

66mins SUBSTITUTION! Ronaldo comes off to a huge ovation from both sides, to cheeky chants of "Fergie sign him up, Fergie, Fergie sign him up". Solari is the Real replacement

65mins POST! Van Nistelrooy swivels 25 yards out and unleashes a fiersome low drive that beats Casillas, but shaves the right-hand post

65mins BAFFLED! Old Trafford is still scratching it's collective head. It's been a bizarre evening thus far and there's probably another twist or two in the tail...

63mins SUBSTITUTION! Beckham, a reputed target for Real of course, comes out of exile, off the bench and on for Veron

61mins JEERS TO CHEERS! The Real fans have been giving the Brazilian boy wonder a bit of stick this season. Surely even they, the fickle bunch they seem to be, must now be happy with Ronaldo. I know I would be

59mins GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!

Makelele breaks up a United attack, RONALDO picks it up 35 yards out, advances to 25 yards before lashing a dipping drive high to Barthez's left. Stunning!

57mins SAVE! Casillas somehow gets down to keep out a thumping volley from Veron at the edge of the box. Good positioning from the keeper

55mins SAVE! Giggs sends Solskjaer through on goal, but Casillas does well to dive to his left and beat out the drive. Nice height for him, as they say

55mins PENALTY? Salgado goes down in the United box as O'Shea slides in, but Mr Collina is not amused. Good decision from the egg-headed Italian

52mins GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL!

United back in it! Van Nistelrooy tees up Veron down the left channel, his shot is poor, but it comes off the back-tracking HELGUERA and leaves Casillas with no chance. 5-3 on aggregate. Three more needed!

50mins GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL!

RONALDO gets his second. Carlos bursts into the box as United regroup but doze, but allow him to square the ball for his unmarked compatriot to finish from five yards. 5-2 on aggregate.

48mins CROSSBAR! Geniius from Figo after a Zidane break. Given the ballin the box, he dummies Brown and Ferdinand. but his chip comes back off the bar

48mins UNLUCKY! Solskjaer and Giggs almost pick a way through on the edge of the Real box after Keane at last makes an attacking contribution with a decent ball in from the left

46mins OOH! Solskjaer blazes over the bar from 20 yards at the second attempt after Hierro had given the ball away under pressure. Good start

45mins WE'RE OFF AGAIN! United get the game restarted. They only need three goals to go through...

HALF-TIME! 1-1: All square, but United didn't need the break to come when it did. Still, the second half should be a real corker!

45+2 SHANK! McManaman manages to volley the ball backwards after being picked out by Figo

45+1 CLEARANCE! Salgado saves Real as Solskjaer whips a great low ball in from the right. Butt has a pop from the loose ball, but it sails over from 25 yards

45mins OOOH! Solskjaer in down the left, his drive is parried up in the air by Casillas, and the keeper gets back across to block van Nistelrooy's rebound effort with his legs

42mins GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

VAN NISTELROOY gives them hope again! Giggs sends Solskjaer into the box down the right, he stretches to lift a square ball over the diving Casillas and the Dutchman taps home from two yards. Game on!

41mins UNLUCKY! Brown crosses from the right, Giggs heads back, but Solskjaer's shot on the turn hits Helguera and makes Casillas' save simple

39mins SAVE! Casillas down well do his right to keep out Solskjaer's snap-shot after Brown picks him out in the box. Better from United again

39mins PUNCH! Giggs whips a rare United corner in from the right, but Casillas punches clear of Brown

37mins OUCH! Carlos goes down after Butt falls into him. His momentary disability is wasted though as Brown's poor cross is headed away by Makelele

35mins OOOOH! Giggs picks up a ricochet off Zidane on the edge of the Real box and twists onto his right foot only to bend the finish just the wrong side of Casillas' left-hand post. Better!

34mins SPEAK UP! They call Highbury 'The library' but Old Trafford represents a morgue right now. The crowd could help their side out a little more methinks

31mins COME ON KEANO! After all his talk of walking the walk tonight, Keane has not got close to Zidane, who has all the time in the world and of course all the ability to use it properly

30mins OOOH! Carlos lines up a free-kick 35 yards to the left of goal after Ferdinand's foul on Ronaldo, but it dribbles wide of Barthez's left-hand post

28mins NO BUTTS! Nicky clatters into Salgado right in front of Collina. The worst ref in the world would have struggled to miss that one, never mind the best

27mins CAREFUL! Luckily for United Ronaldo strays inches off-side as Real turn defence into attack in the space of one Carlos clearance, a Zidane touch and Guti's defence-splitting ball

26mins BROWNED OFF! Poor old Wes is having a stinker so far. His rotten touch sets Real off on the counter, but O'Shea saves the day by sliding in on Figo

24mins OOOH! van Nistelrooy gets down the right channel but his low cross just evades Solskjaer and when Makelele fluffs his clearance there's no United player there to pounce. Keane?

22mins ROUGH RUUD! Van Nistlerooy is bundled over on the break by Salgado. He's clearly been singled out for special treatment by del Bosque

21mins UNLUCKY! Butt seizes on a poor Helguera pass, nips round Carlos, but his cross is deflected up in the air and Real get it clear eventually

19mins SAVE! Barthez is forced to backpedal and push over the top as Luis Figo's mishit effort from a fine Zidane lay-off almost loops in under the bar

18mins CLAUDE FLOORED! Makelele hobbles off for touchline treatment, but looks OK. He's straight back on

17mins BOOKING! Veron overruns a Butt pass and then tries to win it back from Makelele with a nasty looking two-footed lunge. Fair booking

14mins MOUNTAIN! That's what's facing United now - they need four to go through. The crowd is still behind them though, but what a goal it could prove to be from the buck-toothed Brazilian genius

12mins GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL!

RONALDO has stunned Old Trafford. Zidane moves it infield to Guti from the left, he splits O'Shea and Ferdinand and the Brazilian rifles inside Barthez's near post. 4-1 Real on aggregate

10mins TACKLE! Real's passing comes to a brisk end as Veron nips in and forces Guti into the foul. Not hard to see the gameplan employed by Fergie

9mins STEADY! United hold their nerve and Brown gets a vital foot in as Ronaldo cocks the trigger following an incisive pass from Guti on the edge of the box

8mins SCOUSE ABOUT THAT! McManaman gets roundly booed after every touch. Anyone would think he played for Liverpool in a past life

7mins SETTLED! United seem to have gained the early foothold, hassling and harrying even the likes of Zidane into conceding possession

5mins OUCH! Makelele clatters into van Nistelrooy as Giggs breaks down the left. Referee Collina keeps his card in his pocket though

4mins HOOF! United's pressing is so intense, Roberto Carlos is forced to welly downfield. Ronaldo doesn't even bother chasing that one

3mins SAVE! Casillas forced to parry over as van Nistelrooy skips past Helguera down the right and lashes a rising drive in from the angle

2mins GREAT START! United at it like dogs. Real trying to keep possession, but red shirts are right on them

1mins MAIS NON! Great United pressure forces Makelele into a stray pass. Good tempo from the home side

0mins WE'RE OFF! No Beckham, but Old Trafford is buzzing as Real get the game underway

TEAMS Beckham on the bench, Veron back for United, McManaman and Guti drafted in by Real coach del Bosque

Edited by Labuyo
dami pala soccer fans.

I wish fans in the philippines also get wild as fans in world cup events.

If you seen gals take of their tops on such events.

Its really wild in soccer than basketball.

Who used to play with Go For Goal by Coca Cola?

i used to play in the coke go for goal......did you?

On the spikes, i used to use my nike baseball cleats for soccer since i played keeper (its nice because you have cleats on the toes, thus you get a good jump when you approach the ballcarrier on a breakaway, and its got a very stable platform since most of the time you just stand).

Yes, the ronaldo zoom's are a bit unstable, yet very light.

Guest fhoryou

If I remember right I went to a try out. Pero for the next try out hindi na ako pumunta. Can't remember why. Pero I joined a varsity team once for interschool competition.

Sa Don Bosco kasi pag practice or play trip nila walang shoes. Mas malakas daw kapit sa lupa and feel mo ang control sa ball.

Hi everyone. Been playing football since I was eight years old. I've played all positions except goalie, but my favorite position is center-half. Been playing on and off, but could'nt play on a regular basis because of work. My favorite team is Liverpool. I even saw them live but that was a long time ago, back when Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish were playing. Back then, Liverpool was the dominant team and their arch rivals were Man United. I also watched Kevin Keegan, Trevor Brooking and Pat Jennings play 5-a-side...don't know if you know them but Kevin Keegan was my favorite player. I even got their autographs, but I managed to lose them. Kainis!

Right now I'm just hoping Liverpool makes it to the next Champions League. Peace to all!

FOOTBALL RULES! This is definitely the BEST and MOST SPECTACULAR SPORT in the WORLD. Its not basketball and will never be basketball.wHEN WILL pinoys ever ever realize that? This is such a nice sport

My favorite teams are MAN Utd, Real Madrid and Team Korea.

Fave players are Mia Hamm, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo and David Beckham.

PEACE!!!

new to MTC...

Real Madrid baby!!! zizou is just out of this world!

in the EPL, i like Bolton. hope they stay up. the hammers are making it difficult though.

in italy, AC Milan. they're in a bit of a rough patch right now. no idea why ancelotti strayed away from his "lone striker backed up by rivaldo and rui costa" formation which was so successful in the first part of the season. pretty hard to follow serie A here coz no television coverage.

haven't played in ages, but am willing to try!

WHOA!!!

Hey, its great to see there are lot of soccer fans here!!

Am new to the site as well, so hello to everyone outthere!!

Havent played a while myself, been maybe 5-8 years since I got on the field. Sigurado palyado na ako ngayon he he (sbay ubo). But hey, I just follow the World Cup, UEFA championships and La Liga ---I follow Celta Vigo--(when I can sacrifice sleep).

Cheers!

damaso where exactly is Ponticello?

i caught the world cup finals between brazil and germany at sanmig in ortigas last year. it was cool! doubly so kasi Brazil won.

futsal does sound logical... pero i guess i have some (ok a lot) of brushing up to do para hindi naman laos kapag naglaro sa CRC...

in the meantime trabahuhin ko muna yung fitness level ko

WOW....COUNT ME IN GUYS. I personally havent played since High school,.though am very confident in my fitness level. BTW,...are there any guys in2 Taekwondo n boxing here??? OOOOOpppsss,..sori wrong thread,....

nywyaz,.....Real Madrid and Mman UTD are still d best 4 me.

Bend like Beckham dudez! or sprint like RONALDO!!! :D

I dont think they played na. I know there are a few here who wants to play and there are plans but wala yata nagorganize nito. Any one willing to organise this? PadreDamaso where do you play futball on saturdays? what province? i really wanna play futball.