ako yung insured pero yung tatay ko ang owner, ummm... yun yung nakalagay sa papel na hawak ko at patay na ang tatay ko.

I see - you have to check who your dad put as beneficiaries and other pertinent details of the contract.

While his death doesn't trigger the insurance benefit (since you are the one insured and not him), it should trigger transfer of ownership with the insurance policy considered as part of his estate (i.e. follows the same concept as inheritance). The new owners can then decide to withdraw from the policy, if the policy allows it. Otherwise, you will be locked until maturity. Responsibility for the payments for the premium, if continuing, will likewise be transferred - to you as insured most probably.

Best to read the fine print. Consult a relative who is a lawyer, or banker, if you can.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 7 months later...

Wow. this thread is almost dead. Nobody is posting here. I am a firm believer of insurance policies. I have 3 for myself as I would absolutely hate it if i leave the people I care about with nothing. I even got my own funeral plan just to have everything covered. I think Filipinos should all have their own policies no matter how small it is. at the end of the day, you dont want your loved ones trying to find money so they can bury you. and then begging for money just so they could live without you.

• 1 month later...

Wow. this thread is almost dead. Nobody is posting here. I am a firm believer of insurance policies. I have 3 for myself as I would absolutely hate it if i leave the people I care about with nothing. I even got my own funeral plan just to have everything covered. I think Filipinos should all have their own policies no matter how small it is. at the end of the day, you dont want your loved ones trying to find money so they can bury you. and then begging for money just so they could live without you.

this is really great. it shows you are responsible enough to accept and deal with the future. apart from company insurance and benefits, i do have one for me and my wife too. dont have to be a million dollar plan, just be sure to have something for them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I see - you have to check who your dad put as beneficiaries and other pertinent details of the contract.

While his death doesn't trigger the insurance benefit (since you are the one insured and not him), it should trigger transfer of ownership with the insurance policy considered as part of his estate (i.e. follows the same concept as inheritance). The new owners can then decide to withdraw from the policy, if the policy allows it. Otherwise, you will be locked until maturity. Responsibility for the payments for the premium, if continuing, will likewise be transferred - to you as insured most probably.

Best to read the fine print. Consult a relative who is a lawyer, or banker, if you can.

Usually if there is a separate owner and insured to the insurance policy, when the owner dies, automatic ang transfer ng ownership to the insured individual, for as long as that insured invidual is the age of majority na.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PruLife and ManuLife are the doing really well in VUL over the years, especially in terms of return, as based from the insurance commission. I have PruLife, and quite satisfied with the return, interest and services they are providing. Sun Life is so-so, they are just popular, I had a quotation from SunLife and I saw better benefits and coverage with PruLife.

Any recommended insurance company with investment?

Have quotations from different big insurance companies (e.g. AXA, ManuLife, PruLife, SunLife, PhilamLife, etc.) and compare the coverage and benefits you will get. If you are going to ask me, go for PruLife, you'll never go wrong with it.

PruLife and ManuLife are the doing really well in VUL over the years, especially in terms of return, as based from the insurance commission. I have PruLife, and quite satisfied with the return, interest and services they are providing. Sun Life is so-so, they are just popular, I had a quotation from SunLife and I saw better benefits and coverage with PruLife.

How long have you been in Prulife Sir? I'm looking into their offer that is assuring 5M, however, they need medical clearance prior to approving my application. May I know what package are you in??

• 1 month later...

i hope someone can answer this, can i withdraw my insurance policy even if i'm not the owner and if i can do i get anything?

If you are not the owner, the only way to get money is if you are the beneficiary and the owner dies. You cannot touch the money without the permission of the owner while the owner is alive.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...