Nso Matters, Dfa Matters, Citizenship, Travel, Passports Etc

kittytigerpanther

Does your friends have Filipino parents or spouses? If they do, go to the immigration department of Philippine consulate in their countries or go to Bureau of Immigration in Intramuros if they are here in the Phils.

Try to search sa web yung bureau of immigration. I already forgot the requirements. Usually mga birth certificate, passports, etc.

well I got some frens who would like to stay in the Philippines hw can i mak them stay here and not need to go back to their country

First, you have to find out if their country allows dual citizenship (eg US no, Australia yes). It is only when both the Philippines and their country allows it that Dual Citizenship is possible in the first place (hence the term "dual").

• 1 month later...
First, you have to find out if their country allows dual citizenship (eg US no, Australia yes). It is only when both the Philippines and their country allows it that Dual Citizenship is possible in the first place (hence the term "dual").

US allows Dual Citizenship. I am a dual citizen. I filed for my dual citizenship sa Philippine consulate sa LA about a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ilan po bang birth certificate kelangan for passport? ok lang ba yung certified nso BC or yung passport na BC galing nso dapat? at ilang kopya po ba?

Isang certified BC from NSO lang pero dapat naka-attach yung resibo & bago ka tumuloy sa loob magpaphotocopy ka na ng BC sa bungad ng gate kasama mga valid IDs mo. for more information check this website. www.dfa.gov.ph :cool:

• 3 months later...

When I was there, I was applied for a J-1 Visa, was interviewed and everything went well, but the consul said that he couldn't give me a visa and they'd call me back within a week. He proceeded to give me a 221(g) letter which had administrative processing under it.

It's now been 3 months, but so far nothing. Anybody have this happened to them before? Maybe someone can help me?

hi everyone,

my friend requested a birth certificate for her kid born in the US but applied for dual citizenship with Bureau of Immigration.

She got a NSO letter that they do not have any records of her kid's birth with a message to go to DFA.

Is it possible to get a birth certificate issued by philippines even though the person wasn't born here or have dual citizenship status?

Is late registry possible? How does my friend go about this?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
the helpline is good for renewal cases only !!!

sorry i dont get it.

what is there to renew? marriage certificate? birth certificate?

if you're referring to DFA, yes coz firsttime passport applicants have to appear physically at DFA. imagine if anyone can just apply a NEW passport/document by fone!?

btw -300ph processing fee per copy of document requested. payment is thru metrobank.

better leave an authorization letter at the mailing address you furnish. 2go wont release the docs. to just anyone if you're not there

Edited by tabouki
update lang po

applied by fone - june18,2007

paid thru metrobank - june20,2007

received docs - june22,2007 (kangina lang)

much better and worth it kesa pumila at ma-hassle ng mga fixers

good for you, it worked! me, applied for a marriage cert. last oct., got a negative response, saying they will get me a copy when they have it. until now wala pa. nagbayad nlng ako ulit, last month, pila sa nso office sa pasay, yun nkuha ko. but sayang yung first payment ko thru bank.

• 3 weeks later...
hi everyone,

my friend requested a birth certificate for her kid born in the US but applied for dual citizenship with Bureau of Immigration.

She got a NSO letter that they do not have any records of her kid's birth with a message to go to DFA.

Is it possible to get a birth certificate issued by philippines even though the person wasn't born here or have dual citizenship status?

Thanks!

I have the same case with this. My sister's son was born abroad, she is seeking her son's BC at the NSO but was referred to DFA as well. Now, I want to know the process and documents needed to get the BC at DFA. Seeking for your help. Thanks.

I have the same case with this. My sister's son was born abroad, she is seeking her son's BC at the NSO but was referred to DFA as well. Now, I want to know the process and documents needed to get the BC at DFA. Seeking for your help. Thanks.

Alright, I got the answer myself. Here it goes...

What you need? Report of Birth and Passport (person who is seeking his/her BC )

Where to go? Go to Gate 1 at DFA, along Roxas Blvd. Office hours 8-11 AM and 1-3 PM. Seek visitors pass at the Main Lobby (you must have a valid ID to exchange with the visitors pass). Sign the Logbook. Go to CSD( Consular Services Department) at the basement/carpark, hehehe :lol: . Get a waiting number, sign uli sa logbook then get inside the CSD office to wait for you number to be called. Give the "Report of Birth" to the staff, the passport will just be use to verify the identity. Wait again for your turn to be called and you will be given a stub (yellow) where the reference no., date of transmittal, despatch no. are fill-up in the stub. You may now get an authenticated copy of your Report from any NSO branch. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...
Alright, I got the answer myself. Here it goes...

What you need? Report of Birth and Passport (person who is seeking his/her BC )

Where to go? Go to Gate 1 at DFA, along Roxas Blvd. Office hours 8-11 AM and 1-3 PM. Seek visitors pass at the Main Lobby (you must have a valid ID to exchange with the visitors pass). Sign the Logbook. Go to CSD( Consular Services Department) at the basement/carpark, hehehe :lol: . Get a waiting number, sign uli sa logbook then get inside the CSD office to wait for you number to be called. Give the "Report of Birth" to the staff, the passport will just be use to verify the identity. Wait again for your turn to be called and you will be given a stub (yellow) where the reference no., date of transmittal, despatch no. are fill-up in the stub. You may now get an authenticated copy of your Report from any NSO branch. :thumbsupsmiley:

Get the original Birth Certificate at the country individul was born. Have it authenticated by the Philippine consulate/embassy on the respective country of birth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi everyone,

Thanks!

bro you dont need to late registered the child here in the Philippines just to have a copy of it. It will make matters complicated or even worst baka mablacklist pa siya sa US or even sa DFA.

Just ask your friend to go to Philippine Consulate in the US and forward(endorse) the brith certificate(BC) of her child in NSO, then kapag na forward na sa NSO, applied it again specified in the 'application form' when was the BC forwarded in NSO.

Hope it helps. ;)

yung mga nag apply sa Help Line (737-1111) ang kanilang customer care number is 737-1112

yung mga nag apply naman sa e-census.com.ph ang customer care number is 702-29-75 or 702-29-94

Edited by Brotsador
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...