The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

thank you thread starter, at least i keep track of the new movies coming out... :wizard:

Your welcome bro, actually somebody started this about a week ago, kaya lang nga nabura.

As a movie addict too, it does help to share which are the good stuff from the mediocre.

Tip, maybe someone can post a format for a userfriendly review that will can be adopted by later viewers para naman may consistency at para na ring magazine movie review itong thread natin.

Bang on dudes B)

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw X2 premier... wow...

Wow.

Anyways... ok siya kasi it's deeper than the 1st movie. The plot was loosely based on the graphic novel God Loves, Man Kills. I think there were fewer incidents of action here as most of the movie time was spent on developing the characters. But those scenes with action sequences... WOW. Nightcrawler's appearance was cool, lalo na sa umpisa.

=spoiler alert below=

I especially liked the way magneto handled a bunch of soldiers guarding an entrance. IT was amusing to watch the soldier's reaction as they realized that magnetro pulled the pins out of all their grenades. It's very direct and in a way... funny... if only the soldiers survived to laugh about it.

I was a bit disappointed with colossus' brief appearance because it was too short. Sana ginawa nilang central character yun. I liked pyro's conflicting sense of values and the reference to jean's emerging phoenix powers. There are still a lot of subplots they'll have to resolve in the third sequel (if there's gonna ba a third sequel). I also read Gambit's (Remy LeBeau) name in a computer screen and Hank McCoy (The Beast) also made a cameo. If you read the comicbooks, you'll love the movie.

Edited by artcfa

just saw the movie The Core.. although nde sha makatotohanan, i just love the effects... and kaka-sad den sha ha.. esp when some of them have to sacrifice their own lives for the sake of the whole earth.. nakz! ;)

yan den sbi ng utol...bumili sha ng vcd for the effects...nung ako nanoond...ala pang 5mins...the ring na ung pumalit :lol:

just saw the movie The Core.. although nde sha makatotohanan, i just love the effects... and kaka-sad den sha ha.. esp when some of them have to sacrifice their own lives for the sake of the whole earth.. nakz! ;)

i think medyo may scientific basis ung movie na un eh. marami kasing theory kung pano mag e end ang earth and i think it is really one of the theories. di lang makatotohanan dun eh ung laser at ung ship.. pero ung pathway na dinaanan nila eh maaring tama.

i think medyo may scientific basis ung movie na un eh. marami kasing theory kung pano mag e end ang earth and i think it is really one of the theories. di lang makatotohanan dun eh ung laser at ung ship.. pero ung pathway na dinaanan nila eh maaring tama.

malay mo in the near future di ba....... :)

just got to watch infernal affairs in dvd and loved it! the movie stars andy lau and tony leung, and actually won best picture in the recently concluded hong kong movie awards - besting such notable films like hero and the eye for the top honors. the story revolves around a cop who has gone undercover inside a triad group and a mole planted inside the police force. a cat and mouse game ensues as to who gets to uncover who first - making for lots of tense and suspense pack moments in the film. i highly recommend it! :)

d3ckard: where did you get that DVD? good ol' greenhills? is the copy ok? ive heard lots of good reviews about that movie. ill have to buy myself a copy :D

ive been watching asian movies lately. So CLose is quite entertaining except for the last part. anyone knows where i can get a copy of in the mood for love?

ganda niyan!!! kahit ako nabilib sa stunts nila eh. nice hair!!!

opening sequence...un ba ung ..why do birds suddenly appear...?

I've been waiting for months since the trailer came out sa AXN for So Close! I got the pirated VCD pero ampangit! Can't wait for it to come out sa big screen....

Why do birds suddenly appear

everytime you are near

Just like me

they long to be

close to you....

(guns firing in the background)

ganda niyan!!! kahit ako nabilib sa stunts nila eh. nice hair!!!

opening sequence...un ba ung ..why do birds suddenly appear...?

I've been waiting for months since the trailer came out sa AXN for So Close! I got the pirated VCD pero ampangit! Can't wait for it to come out sa big screen....

Why do birds suddenly appear

everytime you are near

Just like me

they long to be

close to you....

(guns firing in the background)

got a dvd copy for only 80 pesos...sa coastal mall...ganda ng copy...pati sounds nakuha...

d3ckard: where did you get that DVD? good ol' greenhills? is the copy ok? ive heard lots of good reviews about that movie. ill have to buy myself a copy :D

ive been watching asian movies lately. So CLose is quite entertaining except for the last part. anyone knows where i can get a copy of in the mood for love?

bought my copy of infernal affairs at quiapo for P65, dvd release quality. am sure dealers at "good 'ol greenhills" carry this as well. :)

as for in the mood for love, i have yet to see any P-copies of this film, but i think you can get an original vcd / dvd of this film at ongpin - mei-ah video store.

other notable chinese films currently available in quiapo/greenhills are hero, the eye, so close, shaolin soccer and inner senses (starring the late leslie chung).

watched xmen2 last night. sobrang galing!!! don't read artcfa's spoiler kung manonood pa lang kayo ;) may xmen3 pa kaya???

xerex...mamaya siguro panonoorin ko na... :P

siguradong meron!! they gave a hint of the storyline na kasi e. plus sayang naman yung mga charachters...they were all so cool!!!

Haven't watched X2... so can't comment on this right now... but...

"Anger Management" is a sooo cool movie... :lol: :lol: hope many, if not all, shares this sentiment... :wizard: Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson have that rapport for comedy in just their first pairing... :lol: :lol:

On to the next movie...

Tim

watched xmen2 last night. sobrang galing!!! don't read artcfa's spoiler kung manonood pa lang kayo  ;) may xmen3 pa kaya???

siguradong meron!! they gave a hint of the storyline na kasi e. plus sayang naman yung mga charachters...they were all so cool!!!

if you're a comicbook fan of x-men, X2 is a definite must-see... i liked it better than the first one... the story is more interesting... sana sa X3 si Gambit and Archangel kasama na!...

looking forward to Matrix reloaded... trailer pa lang ang lupeeeet na...

So Close is a must watch too but story kinda sucks... :P

watched xmen2 last night. sobrang galing!!! don't read artcfa's spoiler kung manonood pa lang kayo  ;) may xmen3 pa kaya???

if you're a comicbook fan of x-men, X2 is a definite must-see... i liked it better than the first one... the story is more interesting... sana sa X3 si Gambit and Archangel kasama na!...

looking forward to Matrix reloaded... trailer pa lang ang lupeeeet na...

So Close is a must watch too but story kinda sucks... :P

mas maganda nga siya sa first. and yup, i'm a fan of the comic book.

gambit was in the movie...cameo lang, pero di ko alam kung sino siy dun.