Financial Planning

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#401 neville

neville

Isang Sako ng Patatas

• Diyosa
  • 10,066 posts
  • Interests:reading, vegetarianism, meditation, art, travelling, daydreaming, writing

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:48 PM

Siguraduhin lang nyang pangbusiness class din ang kagandahan nya ✌️
Aba wag choosy pag hindi yummy
Patuturuan ko sya sayo ng financial education

Huwag choosy kung hindi yummy...right.  Trophy gf material lang ba siya? :D

Ako talaga magtuturo?  Maling age bracket ako sir.  Dapat bata pa pero mayaman na ang magtuturo sa kaniya kung sa travel buddy/gf mo magtuturo :P

• MRROUGHSEX likes this

#402 JohannBeckham

JohannBeckham

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

Whoa the stock market is running like a wild bull. Make me think twice about investing in shares and start buying bonds (i have zero bonds at the moment). I know its hard to time the market but man, the bull is out and its goin wild.

My unrealised gain at the moment is in AUD 6 digits. I'm stoked but fearful at the same time.

#403 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 05:02 AM

- not sure if this would be useful, but back when i started doing consulting, i had a similar problem na hindi ko alam magkano sisingilin ko sa clients dahil feeling ko hindi naman talaga ako nagtratrabaho dahil medyo madali lang for me yung mga projections na ginagawa ko for clients. may nabasa ako na book noon, and i decided to suddenly charge the same as industry rate (I started na parang pinapa-dinner/lunch lang ako ng mga tao hahaha) so I was surprised that there were people who were really willing to pay that amount. Next step ko was to double it, tapos meron pa rin. nung naging mas busy na ako sa ibang negosyo, i charge my standard hourly rate just to make sure that it's worth my time. medyo malayo yung hourly rate na yun sa initial industry rate. true, some clients said that they couldnt afford it, but some stuck to it, and i think that that's a good thing since worthwhile para sa aming lahat. that said, all the best sa business :)

Nice gig you have kuworuru!  More power!

#404 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 05:06 AM

I started investing in August 2011 and before that i'm deeply in debt living a happy go lucky solid MTC bachelor life. But then i get married to my beautiful wife in 2011 and that's when my finances started to go in the right direction. We're (me and my wife) were not always a good saver. Last year lng namin na hit yung target naming more than AUD $100k save and invested in ETFs in a given calendar year. Prior to that, the highest it has been is like $30-$50k/year or AUD 2,500 - $4,100/month. Nkadagdag din sa motivation namin when we have a child together 3 years ago. We matured alot and started cutting lots of stuff. Me and my wife still support our parents (hers and mine), typical sandwich generation since our parents do not have the financial means to support themselves. Nung kami pa lng at wla pang anak, kahit sinong kaibigan, kamag anak, kapit bahay or kakilala ng kapit bahay na mangungutang, pinapautang namin. After ng magka anak kme, we say "No" to most if not all of it now. I realize na ang laki ng neri remit namin every month na people no longer know their boundaries and would simply demand for money simply because we have it and they dont. Well, tough luck.
Im 39 years old know and next year will hitting the big FOUR-O so im definitely not young anymore. But considere where i have been to where we are now, boy it's such a big upgrade.
I'm not saying these to brag. No, and I'm not here to please any ladies in this group for I'm happily married to my beautiful uber sexy wife and mother to my beautiful child. I'm saying these to hopefully inspire and help someone in any shape or form.

We're very lucky to have you on this board pre JB.  Certified FIRE guy ka!  Wala bang pic ni sexy wife hahaha.

#405 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 05:09 AM

Siguraduhin lang nyang pangbusiness class din ang kagandahan nya ✌️

LOL  Natawa ako ng hus2.

#406 neville

neville

Isang Sako ng Patatas

• Diyosa
  • 10,066 posts
  • Interests:reading, vegetarianism, meditation, art, travelling, daydreaming, writing

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:02 PM

Right. I did say I will give you guys an update.

Since I don't really get all the details of the financial spreadsheet my Financial Planner does for me (Basta Alam ko Kung ano Ang income, investments, at expenses ko), what I can understand is the end of the line aka the net worth figures.

December 2018: approximately PhP 540,000
Expected December 2019 balance: PhP 1,700,000

She estimated a growth of 222%

*I can see her grin while she was making her analyses.

*Let's gun for PhP 2.5 million in 2020. The business has to really take off for it to happen.

*Pat on the back moment.
  • Z and MRROUGHSEX like this

#407 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

Since I don't really get all the details of the financial spreadsheet my Financial Planner does for me (Basta Alam ko Kung ano Ang income, investments, at expenses ko), what I can understand is the end of the line aka the net worth figures.

*Let's gun for PhP 2.5 million in 2020. The business has to really take off for it to happen.

*Pat on the back moment.

Congrats neville!  Very happyt for you.

• neville likes this

#408 brazzerboy

brazzerboy

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:59 PM

*Pat on the back moment.

WOW! Very good. 

• neville likes this

#409 neville

neville

Isang Sako ng Patatas

• Diyosa
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:40 PM

Congrats neville!  Very happyt for you.

WOW! Very good.

Salamat mga sir!

Yung Lang, Wala pa Yung bayad sa last translation work ko. Di tuloy ako makapamakyaw ng stocks at mutual funds. Hahaha

#410 Papa Pipoy

Papa Pipoy

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,365 posts
  • Interests:mylabs, mydear, baby, babe, sweetheart, darling, honey, sugar at marami pang iba 😜

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

*Pat on the back moment.

Why you only aim for php2.5M sa 2020??? According to your 2018 result and 2019 target, you should aim for at least php3.2M 😄
Anyway, congrats! Pacanton at magpababoy ka naman 😂✌️

#411 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:55 PM

20190817 Updates:  

* Reduce total debt to $58K by year-end  (currently at $64.0K)

* Grow retirement savings to   $170K by year-end (currently at  $162K)  (Note:  Conservative case at 92% of actual)

* Anticipate house value to appreciate to  $280K by yea- end (currently at $272.0K)

* Increase college savings of children to $20K by year-end (currently at $17.3K)  

* Buttress business fund to  $65K by-year end (currently at  $60.1K)   (Note:  Conservative case at 92% of actual)

* Expect condo value to appreciate to $50K by-year end (currently at $49.1K)

* Drum up social security savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $162K)  (Note:  PV at $360K for age 62)

#412 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:05 AM

20190909 Updates:  

* Reduce total debt to $58K by year-end  (currently at $62.0K)

* Grow retirement savings to   $170K by year-end (currently at  $164K)  (Note:  Conservative case at 92% of actual)

* Anticipate house value to appreciate to  $280K by yea- end (currently at $272.0K)

* Increase college savings of children to $20K by year-end (currently at $18.1K)  

* Buttress business fund to  $65K by-year end (currently at  $70K)   (Note:  Conservative case at 92% of actual) - MET

* Expect condo value to appreciate to $50K by-year end (currently at $49.3K)

* Drum up social security savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $164K)  (Note:  PV at $360K for age 62)

#413 Lumangtypan

Lumangtypan

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:40 AM

Good day mga Sir!

I am currently working as OFW here in middle east and I just want to seek some advice on proper investing to achieve financial freedom. Salamat po mga Sir!

#414 Papa Pipoy

Papa Pipoy

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 10,365 posts
  • Interests:mylabs, mydear, baby, babe, sweetheart, darling, honey, sugar at marami pang iba 😜

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:08 AM

Good day mga Sir!
I am currently working as OFW here in middle east and I just want to seek some advice on proper investing to achieve financial freedom. Salamat po mga Sir!

1. Emergency fund -6months to 1year of your monthly expenses
2. Invest to yourself. Get life insurance, medical insurance, etc.
3. Since may work ka ngayon. Invest to get additional income. Pwede sa stocks, MF, ETF, bonds, etc.
4. Invest in real estate -land, house & lot, condo, townhouse
5. Share your blessings -you can transfer 50% of your salary to my account 😂😂😂✌️✌️✌️
  • MRROUGHSEX likes this

#415 Lumangtypan

Lumangtypan

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:14 AM

1. Emergency fund -6months to 1year of your monthly expenses
2. Invest to yourself. Get life insurance, medical insurance, etc.
3. Since may work ka ngayon. Invest to get additional income. Pwede sa stocks, MF, ETF, bonds, etc.
4. Invest in real estate -land, house & lot, condo, townhouse
5. Share your blessings -you can transfer 50% of your salary to my account 😂😂😂✌️✌️✌️

Sir regarding sa MF, ETF and bonds ano pong broker would you recommend? Thank youu

Edited by Lumangtypan, 10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM.

#416 Papa Pipoy

Papa Pipoy

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:19 AM

Sir regarding sa MF, ETF and bonds ano pong broker would you recommend? Thank youu

Depende kung nasan ka..i am using stash and previously dbs vickers. Sa bonds, punta ka sa bangko..tanong ka lang dun.

#417 Lumangtypan

Lumangtypan

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:21 PM

Depende kung nasan ka..i am using stash and previously dbs vickers. Sa bonds, punta ka sa bangko..tanong ka lang dun.

Recommended po ba kumuha ng financial advisor? Thank you so much Sir

#418 Papa Pipoy

Papa Pipoy

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:39 PM

Recommended po ba kumuha ng financial advisor? Thank you so much Sir

Depende sayo yan..in my case, yung agent ko sa insurance is also my financial adviser. Medyo tamad kasi ako sa ganyan, i mean ayokong magspend ng masyadong maraming oras. Actually, I just follow my own strategy below.
1. I want less time, less effort kind of investment
2. Diversify investments
3. Wag pumasok sa investment na hindi naiintindihan
4. Magbudget. Hindi ko iniinvest ang extra money ko. Ang budget para sa expenses ay para sa expenses...same thing with my investments. Pag may extra money, napupunta sa travel or sa luho, or sa savings account

Ilang taon ka na ba sir? Kasi kung bata ka pa..you can invest to yourself to earn more. Not just by getting insurance but also by improving your skills and taking masteral degree

Edited by Papa Popoy, 10 September 2019 - 01:43 PM.

• MRROUGHSEX likes this

#419 Lumangtypan

Lumangtypan

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

Depende sayo yan..in my case, yung agent ko sa insurance is also my financial adviser. Medyo tamad kasi ako sa ganyan, i mean ayokong magspend ng masyadong maraming oras. Actually, I just follow my own strategy below.
1. I want less time, less effort kind of investment
2. Diversify investments
3. Wag pumasok sa investment na hindi naiintindihan
4. Magbudget. Hindi ko iniinvest ang extra money ko. Ang budget para sa expenses ay para sa expenses...same thing with my investments. Pag may extra money, napupunta sa travel or sa luho, or sa savings account

Ilang taon ka na ba sir? Kasi kung bata ka pa..you can invest to yourself to earn more. Not just by getting insurance but also by improving your skills and taking masteral degree

Just turned 26 last month Sir and turned a year working as an OFW and gusto ko lang imaximize ung salary ko. Hoping to be financial independent by my early 30s. I am planning to have holiday by the end of this year and at the same time mag start na din mag invest kaya pasensya Sir madaming tanong hehe

#420 Papa Pipoy

Papa Pipoy

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:11 PM

You are still very young. If u dont mind, ano b work mo? How much do u save every month?
Honestly, mahirap yang plano mong maging financially independent by early 30’s.
Syangapala, Alam mo ba ibig sabihin ng financially independent?
Or ano definition mo sa financially independent?
Baka kasi magkaiba tayo.

Just turned 26 last month Sir and turned a year working as an OFW and gusto ko lang imaximize ung salary ko. Hoping to be financial independent by my early 30s. I am planning to have holiday by the end of this year and at the same time mag start na din mag invest kaya pasensya Sir madaming tanong hehe

You are still very young. If u dont mind, ano b work mo? How much do u save every month?
Honestly, mahirap yang plano mong maging financially independent by early 30’s.
Syangapala, Alam mo ba ibig sabihin ng financially independent?
Or ano definition mo sa financially independent?
Baka kasi magkaiba tayo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users