The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

I agree with Atong Ang 100%. It's hard to call through with Sun at 8 pm to 10 pm last Saturday. As I said before, am keeping my downgraded Globe as back-up- so there.

However, the point of being screwed "royally" with an overpriced service that's a bull's eye! Why do you think Smart was able to buy PLDT and it's subsidiary Piltel? Why did the Ayalas prefer to drop Purefoods in favor of then struggling Globe?

As well as our electricity, north expresss and other services are over priced, it's about time someone gives them a run for their money. Am glad Sun has started a trend! Hope more will follow suit most specially in the power business (We're the most expensive in Asia-so they say).

As far as the Globe lines are concerned, good enough, it's their customer (non) service and the marketing department that are totally screwed-my opinion. I like their credit and collection-always on time.

It's time they stop jerking us off!

Globe for Good-BYE!

err..Smart did not buy PLDT nor Piltel (as most people think)...its just that Nap Nazareno (PLDTs CEO) was given the position by Manny Pangilinan (now more active in the Metro Pacific Board/but still is PLDt's Chairman) to take a more active role....since Nap has proven that he transformed Smart's GSM network...from 2 to No 1..including making strategic moves that always had globe on its toes...you will notice that Smart is much better than Globe in wireless service innovations

as for the Ayala's...they have structured their portfolio to focus on their core businesses namely : Real Estate & Hotels (Ayala Land, LPHI, MDC & its subs, Intercon, Oakwood, Ayala Malls), Telco (Globe, Innove, Islacom), Utilities (MWC), Automotive (Isuzu & Honda) Banking (BPI) and IT/Semicon (Ayala Port & IMI) they sold Purefoods to a better equipped SMC to handle such enterprise. The promise of huge profits for wireless services (anchored on SMS & GSM technology and the support of Singtel) made Globe to invest heavily on such infrastructure, being the pioneers...the windfall did deliver that promise :lol:

I agree with Atong Ang 100%.  It's hard to call through with Sun at 8 pm to 10 pm last Saturday.  As I said before, am keeping my downgraded Globe as back-up- so there.

However, the point of being screwed "royally" with an overpriced service that's a bull's eye!  Why do you think Smart was able to buy PLDT and it's subsidiary Piltel?  Why did the Ayalas prefer to drop Purefoods in favor of then struggling Globe?

As well as our electricity, north expresss and other services are over priced, it's about time someone gives them a run for their money.  Am glad Sun has started a trend!  Hope more will follow suit most specially in the power business (We're the most expensive in Asia-so they say).

As far as the Globe lines are concerned, good enough, it's their customer (non) service and the marketing department that are totally screwed-my opinion.  I like their credit and collection-always on time.

It's time they stop jerking us off!

Globe for Good-BYE!

Edited by orionpax

Ows? Well, I read that Smart through Mr. Manny Pangilinan and the Metro Pacific Group (not to be mistaken for metro bank) bought a majority of the shares of PLDT and PILTEL. In fact they bought specifically the shares of Tony Boy Cojuanco's (the President of PLDT and subsidiary Piltel) block.

They kept Tony Cojuanco for a year as Chairman- though the news states that Tony Boy hardly went to the office.

This is sourced from all major dailies in particular- Business Day, philippin Star and The Philippine Daily Inquirer- Business Section.

About Globe and the Ayalas- your explanation was my point. they dropped Purefoods in favor of Globe. They sold it to SMC and took the profits to pay off the foreign debts of Globe and for other infrastructure expansion. they must have weigh in all the possibility and opted to a much bigger promise of Globe.

Now we're given the chance to watch through the big screen for Globe to slide to number 3 spot, next to Smart and Sun!

Globe for Good-BYE!

I stand corrected...only Piltel was bought (which is only a sub of PLDT) since the former is debt ridden, Smart took over Piltel...via a merger concession....a move made similar by Globe which acquired the debt ridden Islacom...only Piltel (a PLDT sub) was acquired, as approved by the MPC :)

about Globe...they will slide soon...since the wireless market is evolving to be a Consumer Driven market :)

Ows?  Well, I read that Smart through Mr. Manny Pangilinan and the Metro Pacific Group (not to be mistaken for metro bank) bought a majority of the shares of PLDT and PILTEL.  In fact they bought specifically the shares of Tony Boy Cojuanco's (the President of PLDT and subsidiary Piltel) block.

They kept Tony Cojuanco for a year as Chairman- though the news states that Tony Boy hardly went to the office.

This is sourced from all major dailies in particular- Business Day, philippin Star and The Philippine Daily Inquirer- Business Section.

Edited by orionpax

globe & smart should be reminded when they first started offering their services... they used to offer similar packages as what sun is doing today... they became very greedy & increased their rates while downgrading the features & benefits... back then they were able to offer unlimited sms for a fixed rate every month... similar to the oil industry... if one increases it's rates... the others usually follow... in reality there was never a competition between smart & globe... take a look at their packages & you'll see that they have been raising their rates & decreasing the value-added services... sun's offering is the great equalizer to the greedy attitude of the two giants... you just have to be really patient with the current service of sun... this is part of the growing pains of any company particularly in this industry... remember when both smart & globe started... just my two cents worth... :):):)

Greed seems to be the name of the game nowadays.

Aside from Globe (Ayalas) and Smart (Metro Pacific/ Pangilinan), we have to take a look on the other basic services such as: Maynilad Water (Lopez), Manila Water (Ayalas), Meralco (Lopez), Shell (Ayalas) and others.

Pleae note that most of the busineses stated above are exempted from VAT!

Take a note too of the Tong-ress-an are lobbying for a Congressional hearing against SUN! Who's behing this? Your guess is as good as mine!

Congrats to the Gokongwei for leading a business with conscience! Kudos too to NTC who were not swayed by the special lobby group of the big telecoms!

Sun's move is just a desperate gamble. They knew that they couldn't compete in terms of quality and variety of services so they just tried to compete on price. Since the service is not really based on variable inputs but on a fixed capacity basis, anyone can do what Sun did. But with Sun, you are just really buying basic services. The value added services you get right now with Smart and Globe are still in development with Sun. If you are just using your phones for just calling and texting, then go with the provider that is providing the most affordable plan with the widest coverage and minimal downtime. All 3 parameters must be considered simultaneously as a weakness in any one of them will affect the quality of service. Remember, there is always a catch with the lowest price service. You do get what you pay for.

There is a catch- hard to use SUN during peak periods, but the question is, are you willing to take those slack?

I was patient with Globe when they started. Talk about drop calls, and non connectivity to landlines.

I was patient when Smart was switching from analog to GSM. Same experience I am having with Sun right now.

The added services such as WAP and Internet, you can do that at home. If you use your Cell phone to do it- Maybe you don't mind the way the top two service provider are taking you to the cleaners- then go ahead and enjoy!

As far as I am concern, the top two Smart and Globe are over charging us by their high rates and rounding off to the minute. They're making money to the brim and still have the same problems like before but at a minimal level. They had become to complacent and smug of their present position of being the 90% of the total wireless telecom market.

So far, I have no problems since I still keep my now- down graded Globe unit as my back-up.

Some of my firends who did the same claims to have their bills down by 50% of more- ergo SAVINGS! and enjoying both worlds!

So why, are they (competition) shitting on their pants with SUN?

The bottomline is we are given a choice....

Globe & Smart are reacting because they know the majority of the market (classes C & D) will shift to a carrier that can provide them basic services at a cheaper cost due to hard times...even at the expense of less coverage & a congested switch network....both Telco giants cant refute that.....

to the ones who can afford to shell out thousands for your Globe & Smart...its your choice...to have hassle free connection, wider coverage, using WAP & other wireless services shows that its light on your pocket (or your employer's/ parents') to surf via GPRS or use other peso guzzling Video/Multi Media streaming service....

The challenge to Sun is to improve its services...which they will given the NTC mandate & its internal strategic initiatives...

for Globe & Smart..its a challenge to provide more services to justify what they are charging now, unfortunately..its focused on markets A & B...unless they decide to lower their costs which will still earn them a lot of money

Edited by orionpax

lurker252, I beg to disagree with your statement about SUN being desperate or that the 24/7 is a desperate gamble. You have to look at the owners before you can even suggest that and find out their intention. The Gokongweis have deep pockets enough to carry on such programs.

As I said earlier, Sun has problems with connectivity at peak hours, so did Globe and Smart when they started with GSM. They have tried with analog with Digitel and is now shifting to GSM with the brand name SUN. Globe struggled too when it was starting out back in the 80s (or is it late 70s?). and when Smart shifted from Analog to GSM late 80s.

The choice is up to the consumers. So far, I have personally experienced the connectivity problems, but am willing to be patient. What I lack patience is the boorishness of Globe in treating their customers, most specially to non-Platinum holders!

Sure the value added service may be lacking at the present, but the primary reason why people use the cellphone is to text and call whenever needed. They can do the rest in the office and at home.

The only "value added services" that seems to be sorely missing with SUN, is the way Globe will spat on your face, at least if you're not a Platinum member! Or even hurry to rush you to cut your lines! And to think, I have five lines with Globe, with a total billing of 8,000 to 15,000 a month. But none reach their 5,000 bench mark of being a Platinum. I pay on time- even in advance. Yet treated like s**t at Globe!

Globe for Good-BYE!

lurker252, I beg to disagree with your statement about SUN being desperate or that the 24/7 is a desperate gamble. You have to look at the owners before you can even suggest that and find out their intention.  The Gokongweis have deep pockets enough to carry on such programs.

As I said earlier, Sun has problems with connectivity at peak hours, so did Globe and Smart when they started with GSM.  They have tried with analog with Digitel and is now shifting to GSM with the brand name SUN.  Globe struggled too when it was starting out back in the 80s (or is it late 70s?). and when Smart shifted from Analog to GSM late 80s.

Thinking out loud... If the Gokongweis have pockets deep enough to carry such programs (24/7) so does the Ayalas right? Sun maybe a work in progress but what gives us the assurance that they will not become as greedy as the two giants when they have established themselves in a class similar to that of Globe and Smart. As most posts here says Sun is like Globe or Smart 5 years back... so what gives us the idea that they won't be like (as greedy) as the two giants 5 years hence??? :cry:

Please don't mistake me for a Globe or Smart fanatic but for now it may simply be the case of

IF YOU PAY FOR PEANUTS YOU GET PEANUTS

IF YOU PAY FOR ALMONDS YOU GET ALMONDS

When Sun is ready to sell Almonds I guess we'll all be paying for Almonds anyways... so its a matter of preference and needs actually.

that's just my 2 cents worth :)

Sure there's no doubt the Ayalas do have deep pockets. No doubt about that at all!

I'd like to hope that they won't be as greedy as to collude with the other two. Either that or even sell out! Guess will know it 5 years down the line.

Your comments are most welcome. That's what this forum is about- don't care your a Smartee, or a Globee. It's a place to voice out your opinion.

Each opinion is respected, my brother centrino.

By the way, I don't eat nuts! Bad for my uric acid! Heh--heh!

Part of me getting old bwahaha!

Just cut-off my line with Globe and returned my prepaid globe. 4 more lines to go.

BTW, am not a Sun Fanatic too. Just voicing my disgust about they treat non-platinum at Globe!

So far, people whom I spoke with says that they have experience great saving upon focusing their usage to Sun and keeping either their Smar or Globe as mere back-up.

To each his own, but mine is still........

Globe for Good-BYE!

The only "value added services" that seems to be sorely missing with SUN, is the way Globe will spat on your face, at least if you're not a Platinum member!  Or even hurry to rush you to cut your lines! And to think, I have five lines with Globe, with a total billing of 8,000 to 15,000 a month.  But none reach their 5,000 bench mark of being a Platinum.  I pay on time- even in advance.  Yet treated like s**t at Globe!

Globe for Good-BYE!

sad to say you're wrong, i'm a globe platinum member and i find their customer service sucks

cowboyx, I stand corrected. At least that was what they were trying to project- that Platinum members are given the "god" like priveledges that we common human could only hope to be one.

But I had also stated that there are Platinum Members that I know of, who have joined the "EXODUS".

By the way, Have you been to a Globe Center lately? It's usually filled to the brim (last year at least) now, its empty. Despite having only a few people (customers) there, I had to wait for 30 minutes till my number is called. And to think, I was just 2 numbers from the person being served.

Went there to cut one of my five lines, and had to wait again while being served by their CSR. She was busy chatting with a guy inside the glass room. Geeez!

Did they down sized or what?

Anyway, Globe for Good-Bye!

PS: cowboyx, just wondering, did your plan expire yet? did they offer you the communicator? They gave a friend of mine the "ultimate" Nokia 9500, when he went to a cs and declared he was cutting off his line! See the difference between "gods" and we mere mortals.

The only way for us to stop those telecoms from over charging us is to allow TRUE competition. In terms of Smart and Globe they communicate with each other to the point of collusion as in they had agreed in removing the swapping benefits from both parties.

Unlike before when you swap from globe to Smart or vice-versa they will give you a higher model than the plan you are willing to subscribe. This is to encourage defections from each camp. Kitams wala na since late last year.

Smart called me yesterday- I applied for some lines since I plan to drop Globe. Would you belive they lost all the files I had submitted to them? Hmmmmmm? Is it stupidity or just plain collusion. Anyway, as earlier said, had drop one of the five line I had with Globe and more to come in the next 2 months.

Right now, Got 3 lines from SUN a bit wary about the down time but am sure am saving a lot and that SUN will improve in the near future.

Globe for Good-BYE!

Hey guys this isnt really about which telecom company is better.. there is another topis for that (which telecom is better) this is about why we wanna drop globe and switch... so just tell us about your bad experiences.

I have one... i recently said that a CSR called me up from globe direct, telling me that their managers have decided not to sell the k500 which is under 0% interest promo. since i have a reservation they informed me that they will no longer sell this unit in globe direct... take note the promo period is till march 15. so a few days ago i decided to call up globe direct to check what units they still have... and lo and behold they tell me that they only have the k500 all other units are out of stock.. so i asked them why someone asked me to cancel my application? and they gave me some lame excuse that they were able to find new stock for this unit. but they will give this first come fist serve... and so i told them i already applied for this..so they checked for my application and said that they no longer have it.. apply daw ako ulit baka daw maka kuha pa ako unit.... duh????.... you see why i hate this company....

Here's my experience with Globe.

I was among the first person to subscribe to globe cause I was based in Cebu and Cebu was the test market of Globe for their GSM and SMS. I was quite satisfied with them until they expand and expand. Around 3 years ago, there was this Loyalty plan from globe to the users. Of course, I assumed that I will be given a new phone for the loyalty. The problem is, I need to call Globe to ask for the unit and NOT THEM calling me and informing me that I will be given a new phone. I asked myself, what the hell is this promo when it should be discovered first and not wholeheartedly given. So, when I chanced myself in the mall, I went to visit their office. As expected, I was given the top of the line phone, which is 7650, then. I said, OK, good for me. After few minutes, they came back and told me that they don't have any units left and will never have any units na. Guess what, they offered me 2 units of 3210!!!

So pissed, not because of the units, but because of the so-called promo that they never told me. If you are loyal to 1 company, I believe that the company should call and inform you if they have this "loyalty" promo. After 2 hours, I switched to Smart. After 3 hours, I got a call from VP of Globe and asking what is the problem and offering all the phones they can give. Both me and my brother left Globe and never went back. Note-Both of us are Platinum Holders.

To be objective - I will comment on Smart. As per their "Cut-your Line" without informing your problem, it happens when you are still new with them. I got a letter from them after 1.5 years of being a subscriber, and told me that there would be no more cut-offs because you are our valued client. So, if you pay well and on time, time comes when they will be flexible in that part. On-time billing is another matter.

Smart also gives phone instantly, unlike Globe. Globe, you have to wait so many months until you get your free phone. As for Smart, once you renew your contract, you will be given instantly.

As for Sun, I really hope they succeed. This would be a very healthy competition. I have a Sun Sure load for my maid, and Honestly, their service and traffic suck. Still, I am hoping they succeed and offer a far far better service in the future cause we need another GSM provider here in the Philippines. Bottomline, do I imagine myself switching to Sun? NO. Cause they are not ready yet.

PS. If you think Globe Platinums member are treated as "gods", Just Imagine How "Infinity" Members are treated! No Contest!!!

Hey Poker! You tama pako ulo (you hit the nail on the head!)

I agree, it seems that Smart really treat their valued customers better. That's why the retention is better and they had so far out gunned Globe in every direction!

Had another friend who is an infinity holder and he got a call from Smart service and asked him to choose which phone he liked. He got the top-of-the-line 9500! They even delivered the unit at his house! all that even prior to the expiry of his contract! That's a wow for me!

However, I was a bit disappointed, when I submited my application (that's 3 weeks ago-when I decided to drop Globe) , only to get a call from their customer service that they have lost my file! They lost all the papers that I had submitted- the months of Globe billings to prove my financial capacity to pay!

After getting that call, I walked into Sun and got my 3 lines. sure the service still sucks. But Smart and Globe went through the route before. I kept my Globe at the lowest possible plan- plan 500 as my back-up and use the Sun line as my main line. so far in 10 days, I've saved BIG money. I've trimmed my cell bills by at least 40%!

Would have been happy with Smart, but they seem to be not inerested with my account.

I agree with open competition.

Actually, in the States, what Globe and Smart did when they scratched off the Switch Program could be grounds for anti-trust case. That's a clear sign of collussion!

Globe for good-BYE!

Hahaha, ive been following this thread and I am glad that we consumers have a venue for voicing out our insights. Do not get wrong again, I am not defending globe, but in no way am I recommending smart. I still hold that the over vredit limit line cutting of smart holds, and for 2 yrs of paying 3500-7000 a month, I never was given the benefit of extended credit terms. This is the main reason why I went back to Globe.

Most of the people in the office travel a lot and everyone is in globe because even for a low plan holder they allow credit extensions of up to 30,000 per month. You can really rack up your bill this way if you continually call and text from other countries.

Smart has cut me off sooooooooooooooooo many times. I really do not understand why honestly. I mean, why limit the spending of a clent when he has proven that he has the vapacity to pay through a monthly cycle.

I doubt if they send letters to good payers because it never happened to me.

Now, 4 months into my globe line, I have never been cut, I do not received those annoying "you have used 50% of your credit limit..."

Enough of that. I am happy with my globe line.

Ok now some things to think about.

A few years ago, the Filipino houshold has the following expenses:

Electricity 5000

Food 8000

Groceries 6000

Water 300

Cable 600

Gasul 300

Phone 600

Let us just use this as an averarage. Now let us suppose this is a family of 5. Mom, dad, kuya (22) ate (18) Bunsoy (13),

Fast forward today, all family members have cell phones. Here is a conservative listing of their phone bills

Mom 450

Dad 1100

Kuya 800

Ate 700

Bunsoy 400

Phone 600

The new household expenses would be:

Electricity 5000

Food 8000

Groceries 6000

Water 300

Cable 600

Gasul 300

Phone 4050 !!!!

Now, the household spending for all other items, even if you factor in yearly price increases, will not grow by 700%like the cell phones.

What is sad is that middle class families have limited income, and instead of placing the money into better items such as insurance, education, house repairs, more groceries,they waste their money on telephone charges.

Do we really need to spend this much on calls?

Are we brainwashed? Do we always have to be available?

Yes, the billions spent on advertising has brainwashed us.

Na Uuto tayong lahat,

No, we do not have to be available all the time, anywhere we are.

Both Globe and Smart have been raking in too much profit the past 5 years. NAuto nila tayo.

Is this respnosible selling/marketing? Same there are tips on how to conserve energy, and conserve water, will there ever be a campaign in conserving your phone bill?

My take, Filipinos will pick up and realize they have been suckered. Households will lessen cell phone use. There will be a decline in consumer telecom spending. And everone will switch to Sun hehehe.