The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

I think you are right to say that the butt is ugly.  But it is not as bad as it looks.  Anyway

to me the looks is not that ugly but just presentable.  What i go for is its performance

and its amenities which is amazing on the inside.  Is the Honda produced in the philippines

or imported

i do like the interior styling though its simple yet effective unlike the disaster of the Ford Focus a few years ago...The Honda Civic is imported, coz the ones here in australia are imported just like the Mitsubishi Lancer, Mazda 3, Ford Fiesta, Toyota Corola etc etc

are the Philippines going to get the Honda Civic Sports 2.0L more power with 114Kws and 181Nm Torque??? It looks much better than the standard Civic...it looks like a combo of Honda Accord Euro rear and Honda Integra front...

btw the Honda Civic is getting some major points for the digital tachos...

are the Philippines going to get the Honda Civic Sports 2.0L more power with 114Kws and 181Nm Torque??? It looks much better than the standard Civic...it looks like a combo of Honda Accord Euro rear and Honda Integra front...

btw the Honda Civic is getting some major points for the digital tachos...

Wow if it is true, then, those speed craze like I will be in for a treat. By the way

114kws is translated in how many horsepower? Sorry for the ignorance huh.

Wow if it is true, then, those speed craze like I will be in for a treat.  By the way

114kws is translated in how many horsepower?  Sorry for the ignorance huh.

From the Australian Honda website...

2006 Civic Prices*

Civic VTi (manual) $ 20,990

Civic VTi (auto) $ 22,990

Civic VTi-L (manual) $ 24,490

Civic VTi-L (auto) $ 26,490

Civic Sport (manual) $ 29,990

Civic Sport (auto) $ 31,990

Civic Hybrid (CVT auto) $ 31,990

Honda Civic Sports

http://www.honda.com.au/discover%20honda/news%20and%20events/press%20releases/civic_18.jpg

Civic Sport powered by a 114kW, 2.0-litre DOHC i-VTEC engine. The Civic Sport takes line honours as the "gruntiest" Civic ever with its 2.0-litre engine pumping out 188Nm at 4200rpm.

The 2.0-litre Civic Sport models equipped with an automatic transmission feature F1-style steering-wheel-mounted gear shift paddles for enhanced driving response - another first for Civic.

The Honda Civic Hybird

http://www.honda.com.au/discover%20honda/news%20and%20events/press%20releases/civic_34.jpg

Honda's fuel-saving Civic Hybrid returns with a 1.3-litre VTEC (with i-DSI) petrol engine paired with an Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system to produce 85 kW (170Nm) while delivering significant boosts in fuel economy.

The Civic Hybrid features an improved Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) for greater fuel economy and smoother gear changing.

- I'm not sure if this Hybird would be released in the Philippines

The Entry & Luxury Civic (Standard models)

http://www.honda.com.au/discover%20honda/news%20and%20events/press%20releases/civic_10.jpg

The entry-level Civic VTi and the luxury Civic VTi-L receive a newly-developed 1.8-litre i-VTEC, 103 kW (174Nm) engine. Compared with the superseded 1.8-litre Civic GLi sedan, power has increased by 15kW.

The Civic range is offered with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission

Fuel / Economy

Despite the increase in power output,

the 1.8-litre powered Civic VTi and VTi-L achieve fuel consumption figures of 6.9 litres per 100km (manual) and 7.3 litres per 100km (automatic) - better than the superseded 1.7-litre Civic GLi sedan.

The 2.0-litre Civic Sport has fuel consumption figures of 7.9 litre per 100km (manual) and 8.0 litres per 100km (automatic) - using just 0.6 litres per 100km more than the outgoing 1.7-litre Civic GLi while gaining an extra 26kW and 38Nm.

The Civic Hybrid uses improvements in 1.3-litre petrol engine as well as its IMA system to achieve a fuel economy figure of just 4.6 litres per 100km. :boo:

And the translation of power

Civic Sport 114Kws = 154 HP

Civic Hybird 85Kws = 113 HP

Civic Standard models 103Kws = 138 HP

Edited by luol_deng
From the Australian Honda website...

2006 Civic Prices*

Civic VTi (manual) $ 20,990

Civic VTi (auto) $ 22,990

Civic VTi-L (manual) $ 24,490

Civic VTi-L (auto) $ 26,490

Civic Sport (manual) $ 29,990

Civic Sport (auto) $ 31,990

Civic Hybrid (CVT auto) $ 31,990

Honda Civic Sports

http://www.honda.com.au/discover%20honda/news%20and%20events/press%20releases/civic_18.jpg

Civic Sport powered by a 114kW, 2.0-litre DOHC i-VTEC engine.  The Civic Sport takes line honours as the "gruntiest" Civic ever with its 2.0-litre engine pumping out 188Nm at 4200rpm.

The 2.0-litre Civic Sport models equipped with an automatic transmission feature F1-style steering-wheel-mounted gear shift paddles for enhanced driving response - another first for Civic.

The Honda Civic Hybird

http://www.honda.com.au/discover%20honda/news%20and%20events/press%20releases/civic_34.jpg

Honda's fuel-saving Civic Hybrid returns with a 1.3-litre VTEC (with i-DSI) petrol engine paired with an Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system to produce 85 kW (170Nm) while delivering significant boosts in fuel economy.

The Civic Hybrid features an improved Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) for greater fuel economy and smoother gear changing.

- I'm not sure if this Hybird would be released in the Philippines

The Entry & Luxury Civic (Standard models)

http://www.honda.com.au/discover%20honda/news%20and%20events/press%20releases/civic_10.jpg

The entry-level Civic VTi and the luxury Civic VTi-L receive a newly-developed 1.8-litre i-VTEC, 103 kW (174Nm) engine.  Compared with the superseded 1.8-litre Civic GLi sedan, power has increased by 15kW.

The Civic range is offered with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission

Fuel  / Economy

Despite the increase in power output,

the 1.8-litre powered Civic VTi and VTi-L achieve fuel consumption figures of 6.9 litres per 100km (manual) and 7.3 litres per 100km (automatic) - better than the superseded 1.7-litre Civic GLi sedan.

The 2.0-litre Civic Sport has fuel consumption figures of 7.9 litre per 100km (manual) and 8.0 litres per 100km (automatic) - using just 0.6 litres per 100km more than the outgoing 1.7-litre Civic GLi while gaining an extra 26kW and 38Nm.

The Civic Hybrid uses improvements in 1.3-litre petrol engine as well as its IMA system to achieve a fuel economy figure of just 4.6 litres per 100km.  :boo:

And the translation of power

Civic Sport 114Kws = 154 HP

Civic Hybird 85Kws = 113 HP

Civic Standard models 103Kws = 138 HP

Dude thanks for the information. From your description i guess the honda civic is already launched

in Australia. So the honda civic sports 2.0 has the same power as the present honda civic that

i am driving right now. Just 4 days ago I took it for a ride in the countryside and completed a 500km

round trip. It is amazing. I love the exhiliaration. When a certain truck wants to make a go at me,

i just hit the accelerator and I was surprised when I look at the speedometer, it has already reached 150kph.

When the australian currency is around $1=42pesos. So it is around 1.3million pesos in australia

for a 2.0vtec. Good that it is still cheaper here in the philippines. I wonder whether they will

increase the price of the new honda civic.

Yes the front of the honda civic looks good. but people are complaining about the back. anyway

i go for the power and the internal amenitiies.

In formula 1 Honda is going to be a force to be reckon with this 2006

Dude thanks for the information.  From your description i guess the honda civic is already launched

in Australia.  So the honda civic sports 2.0 has the same power as the present honda civic that

i am driving right now.  Just 4 days ago I took it for a ride in the countryside and completed a 500km

round trip.  It is amazing. I love the exhiliaration.  When a certain truck wants to make a go at me,

i just hit the accelerator and I was surprised when I look at the speedometer, it has already reached 150kph. 

When the australian currency is around $1=42pesos.  So it is around 1.3million pesos in australia

for a 2.0vtec.  Good that it is still cheaper here in the philippines.  I wonder whether they will

increase the price of the new honda civic. 

Yes the front of the honda civic looks good. but people are complaining about the back.  anyway

i go for the power and the internal amenitiies. 

In formula 1 Honda is going to be  a force to be reckon with this 2006

Its not launched yet but the price is already up so people can order for it, im not sure on the date being released i'll look again but Yes it is a bit expensive when you convert but thats only recommended retail price (RRP) so the price can decrease to about $2K - 5K in discount depending on how you bargain etc

I kinda like the back it looks Accord Euro'ish haha

Bro if you love speed you would love the cars in Australia...i driven my friends Mitsubishi Evolution VIII and that has 355 Nm torque at 3,500 rpm and boy if you think your Honda overtaking those trucks was pleasure...the Evo would make your briefs wet hehehe jk...the turbo kicks in so much at low rpm and gives it across the gears 1 - 3 the back feels like its about to take off, i tell the truth i got scared haha

Honda needs to do alot to be a force in F1 but they are not far unlike Toyota...

Its not launched yet but the price is already up so people can order for it, im not sure on the date being released i'll look again but Yes it is a bit expensive when you convert but thats only recommended retail price (RRP) so the price can decrease to about $2K - 5K in discount depending on how you bargain etc

Bro if you love speed you would love the cars in Australia...i driven my friends Mitsubishi Evolution VIII and that has 355 Nm torque at 3,500 rpm and boy if you think your Honda overtaking those trucks was pleasure...the Evo would make your briefs wet hehehe jk...the turbo kicks in so much at low rpm and gives it across the gears 1 - 3 the back feels like its about to take off, i tell the truth i got scared haha

Honda needs to do alot to be a force in F1 but they are not far unlike Toyota...

wow wow wow

so you have the evolution III. Definitely the honda 2.0 cannot be compared to the evo.

It s a thoroughbred speed car. Everybody knows about the evo especially for speed

craze drive. I think a year back a saw it displayed at glorietta. Actually they say

that the last mitsubishi lancer model esp the evo III was good. Just the company

has bad publicity and going thru financial difficulties so people were scared to buy

one. But my salute to you for having the evo. Of course I would like to try the evo III.

My friends has the Mitsushi Airtrak turbo charged. He told me when when they reached

90 to 110 the car just become alive and ready to go. I wished I can try the evo one day.

Yap I am crazy for speed.

wow wow wow

so you have the evolution III.  Definitely the honda 2.0 cannot be compared to the evo.

It s a thoroughbred speed car.  Everybody knows about the evo especially for speed

craze drive.  I think a year back a saw it displayed at glorietta.  Actually they say

that the last mitsubishi lancer model esp the evo III was good.  Just the company

has bad publicity and going thru financial difficulties so people were scared to buy

one.  But my salute to you for having the evo.  Of course I would like to try the evo III.

My friends has the Mitsushi Airtrak turbo charged.  He told me when when they reached

90 to 110 the car just become alive and ready to go.  I wished I can try the evo one day.

Yap I am crazy for speed.

haha yea i was lucky to give it a rev from my friend, he got the Evo VIII last year but he is kinda wanting the IX now haha oh well there are roughly the same. Yea bro its really scary when you lift that thing from 1st to 3rd it just takes off the ground like a rocket, and he has included a blow off valve so basically after every gear shift you hear that hissing sound. Apart from that I have driven a Nissan R34 not GTR but GTS-T just like the Evo it really takes off.

You should include a turbo in your Honda 2.0 V-TEC? haha i have seen plenty of Civics in Australia modified with a turbo.

It is said that the new honda civic is based on a global platform. But cars built for the three major market; europe, japan and north america are tailored specifically to meet local customer and

legisaltive requirement.  look at this honda civic

post-66645-1139466087.jpg

the new honda civic is a new global platform however that picture you have is the 3 door hatch which is only available in Europe only! :(

johnwildcat,

where did you test that new honda civic 2006?  1.6c.c.?

In the Philippines?  Care to share more?

Test Drive ko sa San Diego, CA. freeway, mas maganda ang pag-test drive dito sa states dahil you can test ang bilis ng Honda Civic sa open highway (aka freeway). It's a 2 door Coupe EX 1.8 Ang top of the line nila ay 2.0 Vtec Si, lumabas lang ito sa dealer mid-december. :thumbsupsmiley:

loul deng,

The lancer revolution IX is launched in Singapore already. Wow very expensive. cool too. Cost

4.3 million pesos.

Well, if there's a big demand for the SI, then most probably Honda Phils. will bring it on our shores. Sana...

Anyway, the sedan still packs lots of horsepower (Honda says it got 148HP & consumes gas like a 1.5 liter). Certainly more than the other brands & even got more horses than some 2.0 liter models.

Well, if there's a big demand for the SI, then most probably Honda Phils. will bring it on our shores.  Sana...

Anyway, the sedan still packs lots of horsepower (Honda says it got 148HP & consumes gas like a 1.5 liter). Certainly more than the other brands & even got more horses than some 2.0 liter models.

Actually the present sedan Honda civic 2.0 is the most powerful compared to other 2.0 cars.

more powerful than the mazda 2.0, ford focus 2.0.