Rotc (military Science) Becomes Mandatory Again

I was a CAT, ROTC, and ROTC cadet officer enlistee. The toxicity that came with voluntary ROTC was manageable compared to the stories of my superiors who underwent mandatory ROTC.
The biggest fear is that mandatory ROTC will once again give psychos a platform to abuse their subordinates. Discipline can be taught with compassion elsewhere. It seems as if ROTC isn't usually the place one can find compassionate people when it becomes mandatory. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 11:29 PM, Platsy said:

I was a CAT, ROTC, and ROTC cadet officer enlistee. The toxicity that came with voluntary ROTC was manageable compared to the stories of my superiors who underwent mandatory ROTC.
The biggest fear is that mandatory ROTC will once again give psychos a platform to abuse their subordinates. Discipline can be taught with compassion elsewhere. It seems as if ROTC isn't usually the place one can find compassionate people when it becomes mandatory. 

Well said and very much agree. ROTC only fostered corruption too in most colleges/regions. Some colleges sell ROTC credits for students  who do not want to do it. If you are one of the unlucky ones that go to a school that truly do it on Sundays, all you do is March around all day or get hazed.  Or your entire ROTC group will be tasked by the city to clean its streets and canals for the upcoming Fiesta. 

• 2 weeks later...

Basta yung katulad before na NSTP na may puwede pagpilian na sa 3:

"The NSTP has three components: the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC), the Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS), and the Literacy Training Service (LTS). Students are required to take two NSTP courses under the component of hes/her choice."
from UPMIN.EDU.PH

Tsaka alisin yung mga nagbebenta ng soda at sandwich na ginawang business tuwing ROTC lang. 
Alam ko meron din issues dun sa mga nagbibigay ng exemptions from taking ROTC eh.

ROTC should keep to its name: Reserve OFFICER TRAINING Course. They should teach the basics of warfighting for OFFICERS. Which includes basic orientation to military structure, weapons handling, strategies, and logistics. When at war we need a lot of knowledgeable officers, and those with college education are the best pool of recruits to have.  Keep the course practical. They should not waste too much time in marching and military drills because we are not going to parade around the Chinese invasion force when they come. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...