248 replies to this topic

#81 sunking

sunking

Lover

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

Any tips for optimizing torrent downloads? I'm using utorrent now with my PLDT 999 DSL plan. TIA!

#82 BlockPapi

BlockPapi

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

Anyone a user of Demonoid? Ang gaganda ng albums that you can download from that site eh. Ican't get in though :sadsmiley02:

#83 Guest_silenciotira_*

Guest_silenciotira_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

informative

#84 kuplet

kuplet

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

Anyone a user of Demonoid? Ang gaganda ng albums that you can download from that site eh. Ican't get in though :sadsmiley02:

You need invites to be able to access stuff in Demonoid.

#85 cruesome

cruesome

More Than A Feeling

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3035 posts
  • Interests:zeroes and ones

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

You need invites to be able to access stuff in Demonoid.

registration is open on Fridays (Saturday sa pinas). pag non-member ka, you can only download recent (two weeks) torrents.

#86 hamie

hamie

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Guitar playing, Computers, Road trip...

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:44 PM

Utorrent user here.

*Don't forget to forward ports.

#87 Kurtsky Keigee

Kurtsky Keigee

Kid at Heart

• (01) Lurker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10407 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:28 AM

Anyone with Filelist invites?

#88 in_vitro

in_vitro

..::passing the torch::..

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1485 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:57 AM

im using Emule. nakita ko kasi sya while trying to download Nintendo DS games ISO.
is this a torrent downloader?
or may iba pang mas maganda dito? mabagal kasi eh. :unsure:

Attached Files

#89 john_locke

john_locke

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

BitComet user here.

Kaya lang i have this same problem no matter what client i use, yung Router kaya ang problem?

Im using DLink DI-704P. Palaging blocked yung port, ive tried everything kaya lang wala pa rin. Color yellow pa rin yung listening port (it says...your listen port is unreachable to public domain peers...).

Any idea? please help. Thanks

#90 loudchild

loudchild

unbreakable

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:,football,music,social sciences,movies

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:35 AM

@john_locke if your not using smart bro you have to do port forwarding. Dpat magassign ka ng static port kc yung ibang ISp they have programs that block other peers kasi it clogs up their network.for more info try wikipedia.

#91 john_locke

john_locke

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

@john_locke if your not using smart bro you have to do port forwarding. Dpat magassign ka ng static port kc yung ibang ISp they have programs that block other peers kasi it clogs up their network.for more info try wikipedia.

loudchild: thanks for your answer bro...the thing is, i am using Smartbro...but i have tried port forwarding and assigning static ip sa router...but still no use. I also tried TCP half-open setting it to 200...wala pa rin. any idea? thanks

#92 dragonballsy

dragonballsy

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:34 PM

Safe ba gumamit ng torrent? I mean from spyware and virus.

#93 qazaq

qazaq

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:10 AM

Safe ba gumamit ng torrent? I mean from spyware and virus.

depende sa mga dina-download mo. pag software, syempre doble ingat ka dapat pag music and video files, medyo ok naman. pero ingat pa din dapat.

#94 loudchild

loudchild

unbreakable

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:,football,music,social sciences,movies

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:38 AM

try installing peer guardian para mabawasan yung treat ng spyware

#95 D e m e n t e d

D e m e n t e d

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:06 PM

I don't know much about bittorrents. Whenever i open my bitcomet application it always says that my tc/ip settings are only half open and my torrent download rate will be extremely slow. now it also allows me to edit or patch up my settings but there was a disclaimer there that if i change the settings a file (tcip.sys) will be modified and that it might/will cause some problems for my computer.

Does anyone know how to change the settings safely? any help on this would be much appreciated.

#96 mc_darklight

mc_darklight

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3290 posts
  • Interests:watching movie...

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

better have a best antivirus and spyware if your into p2p

#97 karim06

karim06

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:27 PM

Limit your upload speed to 20kB/s you will notice some drastic improvement when it comes to your downloads speed.

#98 boomouse

boomouse

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1910 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:24 AM

Limit your upload speed to 20kB/s you will notice some drastic improvement when it comes to your downloads speed.

The primary cause of sluggish torrents is a problem with the NAT, the Network Address Translation.

Understand what a NAT problem is
Basically, a Network Address Translation problem is caused by a router not being able to do what it's supposed to; it is not correctly re-directing data it has received from the outside world to a computer that is connected to it.

Can this page assist you to resolve the NAT issue? That entirely depends on several factors. Every computer out there is set up slightly differently - different makes/models of modems and/or routers, different software firewalls, different antivirus programs, receiving service from different providers - these are all factors that must be considered when attempting to solve a NAT error. We'll attempt to approach a NAT problem broadly so as to encompass and help as many users as possible. But first, just to be sure our terms are on the same wavelength...

• ISP: Internet Service Provider
  • Router: A device that forwards data packets along networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs (Local Area Networks), WANs (Wide Area Network), WLANs (Wireless LAN), or a LAN and its ISPís network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect. Routers use headers and forwarding tables to determine the best path for forwarding the packets, and they use protocols such as TCP/UDP to communicate with each other and configure the best route between any two hosts.
  • IP Address: Internet Protocol Address. This is a unique string of numbers that identifies a computer or server on the Internet. These numbers are normally shown in groups separated by periods (example: 216.239.57.99 is Google's IP address).
    • Public IP Address: An address that is given to you by your service provider when you connect to them. The majority of users have a dynamic public IP address (this can change every time a connection is established).
    • Private IP Address: An address that can be assigned by a router or your Operating System for your connection to a LAN, WAN, or WLAN. The world will never see this address and can be made static (this will never change once set up correctly).
  • DHCP: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. Used for assigning dynamic IP addresses to devices on a network. With dynamic addressing, a device can have a different IP address every time it connects to the network. DHCP also supports a mix of static and dynamic IP addresses.
    • DHCP Pool/Range: The available addresses a router is instructed to use when automatically assigning IP addresses to devices. Example: LinkSys routers almost all default with a starting IP address of 192.168.1.100 with 50 available users, effectively making the range 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149
  • MAC Address: Media Access Control Address (sometimes referred to as a device's physical address). MAC addresses are a unique code assigned to most forms of networking hardware (for example: A0:99:E3:76:BE:01). The address is permanently assigned to the hardware (network cards/wireless adapters/routers) to act as a security feature for limiting access on closed networks. This is extremely useful when securing a wireless network.
    • MAC Address Binding: An option on some routers to bind a MAC address to an IP address on a closed LAN or WAN network. When available, this method can be used to create a static IP address for port forwarding purposes.
  • UPnP: Universal Plug 'n Play. A technological stab at attempting to make networking devices a simple task. This has been met by mixed reviews and levels of effectiveness by manufacturers and consumers. Your network hardware and Operating System may or may not properly employ this technology.
  • Port Forwarding: The act of forwarding a network port from one machine to another. One use of this technique can allow an external user to reach a port on a private IP address (inside a LAN) from the outside via a NAT-enabled router.
  • Port Triggering: This allows computers behind a NAT-enabled router access to a special server or use a special application on the Internet using a specified port number. While similar to port forwarding, it is not recommended for usage with bittorrents due to the timing discrepencies involved with a port constantly being told to open with so many connections being generated. It has more functions for gaming servers.
  • DMZ: The De-Militarized Zone. When this option is enabled in a router, the computer is now outside of the internal/protected network. Since a DMZ'd computer will be open to allow public access to services, it is considered extremely insecure and dangerous. Do NOT use DMZ in lieu of port forwarding.
Fix your NAT problem
So you really have a NAT problem and never get green smilies and you are not using one of those internet service providers that do not like file sharing? OK, read on.

• Please Note: If you are using file sharing where you have no access to the router (corporate or campus network, public WLAN from a cyber-cafe or a neighbor, or a housing development where everyone shares the connection), you must contact the network administrator.
You want to select a port that will forward incoming data to your computer's IP address using the port of choice, and ensure that software firewalls and antivirus programs do not interfere. If you skimmed the above passages, you may be confused by the following procedures. You should read the entire page before proceeding.

If you know you own a router, continue reading this page in its intended order.

If you own a router and you are absolutely positive it properly supports UPnP, enable UPnP.

If you are unsure as to whether or not you own a router (some broadband modems have routers with NAT features built-in), consult your ISP or see your modems manual.

• A simple test for Windows operating system users is to use ipconfig (win2K/XP) or winipcfg (win9X/ME). Go to Start>Run , and type in the command "cmd /k ipconfig" or "winipcfg.exe" without the quotes, then press the Enter key. If the Default Gateway starts with 10.*, 172.* or 192.*, then it is very likely that there is a router involved.
  • Apple Mac 8.x/9.x: Pull down the Apple menu, select Control Panels. Open the control panel TCP/IP. Look for the line Router address.
  • Apple Mac OS X: use either of the following methods:
  • Pull down the Apple menu, select System Properties, click Network. In the pull-down Show: select the network interface in use. Click tab TCP/IP and look for the line Router.
  • Open a Terminal window, type the command ipconfig getoption en0 router (where en0 is the name of the interface in use)
If you are positive you do not own a router or a broadband modem with NAT features, please skip down to the Software Firewall section.

Routers And NAT Enabled Broadband Modems
[/list]
IP Forwarding Through the Broadband Modem
If your network consists of a DSL modem connected to a router and the local computers connect to the router, you may need to enable IP Passthrough on the modem.

If you are using a DSL modem that does not support IP Passthrough, it may be necessary to forward the required ports to your router manually. You will first need to find out the IP address of your router. Usually this can be found by logging in to your router and looking at it's status page. Once you have your router's IP address, you will need to log in to your DSL modem and find the "Port Forwarding" section (probably under "Advanced Settings"). You will now need to create a rule that will forward the port you are using for Azureus to the router.

If you have not port forwarded from your modem to your router, it will be pointless to port forward from the router to your computer as the TCP traffic from Azureus will never even make it past the modem to the router.

<a name="Port_Forwarding_Through_The_Router">
Port Forwarding Through The Router
At this point you should now have a static internal/private IP address for the computer that is running the client. Log into your router's configuration table so that we may actually port forward. Depending on the device's manufacturer and the model itself, the "place" where you do the forwarding will differ: NAT, NATP, Custom Services, and Virtual Server are the most commonly named sections, though it's entirely feasible yours is named something else, but the fundamental procedure for creating a port forwarding rule is more or less the same and self-explanatory.

You may be lucky and find a step-by-step guide for this procedure at http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm . Select your particular model from the list, go to Port Forwarding the (your modem/router model), and then select the Default Guide link.

• The Rule will need a unique Service Name or a Number to identify it.
  • The Rule will need to know what port number to have forwarded to it.
    • If the option asks for a range, simply input the same number for From and To (example: From: 56912 To: 56912).
  • The Rule will need to know which protocol to use for that port. Use both TCP and UDP.
    • Set the TCP protocol for "regular" incoming data transmissions.
    • Set the UDP protocol to be enabled for DHT to function properly.
      • If the router does not ask for one protocol or the other, it should be safe to assume it defaults to using both.
      • If the router only allows you to choose one protocol or the other, then you will need to create two rules for that port (use a different Service Name or Number), one for each protocol.
    • The Rule will need to know which IP address to forward to. You will, of course, use the static IP address you have already assigned yourself.
  • The Rule will need to be enabled, and then saved/applied.

#99 D e m e n t e d

D e m e n t e d

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:49 AM

Regarding that problem i've been having with the bitcomet application .
Here's the message when the system allows me to patch up to set the limiter to a higher setting for BitComet

"Windows XP SP2 has a half open TCP Connection limitation, which may cause problems for p2p programs. You may adjust your default setting here if you know what you're doing. Please note that a windows system file (tcpip.sys) needs to be modified and might cause problems with your system." The limit i have now is currently set to 10 by default

the tcpip.sys version is 5.1.2600.2180

does anyone know how i may safely set the limiter to a higher setting so i can DL torrents properly?

any help on this would be much appreciated.

#100 genji_808

genji_808

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

I think the best torrent downloader is Azureus. So many advance features if you like to tweak your network and roll up your nerd sleeves up lol. For torrent sites go to piratebay.org, mininova, isohunt, torrentspy. These sites have torrents from demonoid so you don't have to be a member to download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users