Smoking And Weightlifting

• 2 weeks later...

Smoking decreases your performance given the reduced amount of oxygen in your system, there is more carbon monoxide in your blood stream compared to a non-smoker.

Both anaerobic and aerobic are affected because no matter what, you are left with less oxygen than would be available if you weren't smoking.

I used to smoke when I was doing gym (3 hours a day, 6 days a week)

I used to smoke when I was hiking and rock climbing (at least two trips a month)

I used to smoke when I was mountain biking (train 3 x week, long trip once a week)

Then I quit smoking. I found that I could: go faster, last longer, recover sooner. Plus, no bad breath! ;P

• 2 weeks later...
ask ko lang is going to the gym help sa pag quit ng yosi ?

i try to stop na before longest ko is 6 months pero pag bumalik ang pag yoyosi ko....

parang mas malakas pa kumpara dati ......

nag gym ako when i was 19 then natuto ako mag yosi college days.....

No, it will not stop you from smoking. Madami akong kilala na pumupunta ng gym and still smoke. Makes me wonder why they even go to the gym when they can't quit smoking, parang you only negate what you gain in the gym by smoking.

if you smoke dont workout

if you workout dont smoke

kaya ako tumigil sa pagwowork out ngayon kasi balik yosi ako. bakit mo pahihirapan ang sarili mo kung di mo matigilan ang paninigarilyo, lalo lang mapapasama ang kalusugan mo

im a smoker halfpack a day but I workout 4 times a day.

sa cardio specifically sa treadmill nun first weeks ko sa workout, i can only do 2 mins running maximum then walking for about 3 mins then 2 mins ulit. This lasts for about 15 mins.

Ngayon after 2 months im still a smoker i can already do 5 mins running and 2 mins walking then running ulit. I know I can do more if I quit smoking.

Pero I focus more on weightlifting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

siguro it depends sa objective mo why you workout, if pang body building ang program mo di ka talaga dapat mag smoke, pero if like me na pang body conditioning lang ang program you can still smoke if you wish... i smoke too, the effect nakaka hingal syempre, bottom line is whether your weightlifting or not smoking is bad for the health... yun nga lang masarap...

• 1 month later...