The FASTEST Way to BETTER Cardio

You'll have to take into consideration efficiency of the workout and the nature of people. In calories per hour based on calculations of caloriesperhour.com, a 150 lb person loses the following calories per hour: lifting weights moderately, 204 calories; walking at 3.5 miles per hour, 259 calories; jogging, 476 calories. In any gym I've been to, there were always more people working out aerobically longer than lifting weights, specially the females. One thing important about a workout is that it would be a lot better if you're having fun doing it. It would probably be safe to say that playing badminton, tennis, basketball, volleyball and other ball games is a lot more fun than lifting weights for a lot of people. Except for bodybuilders, I doubt if there are other people who train exclusively by lifting weights. I would have to say it would be difficult to sustain an all weight training regimen for most people.

You'll have to take into consideration efficiency of the workout and the nature of people. In calories per hour based on calculations of caloriesperhour.com, a 150 lb person loses the following calories per hour: lifting weights moderately, 204 calories; walking at 3.5 miles per hour, 259 calories; jogging, 476 calories. In any gym I've been to, there were always more people working out aerobically longer than lifting weights, specially the females. One thing important about a workout is that it would be a lot better if you're having fun doing it. It would probably be safe to say that playing badminton, tennis, basketball, volleyball and other ball games is a lot more fun than lifting weights for a lot of people. Except for bodybuilders, I doubt if there are other people who train exclusively by lifting weights. I would have to say it would be difficult to sustain an all weight training regimen for most people.

Don't forget to mention the EPOC or the afterburn rather than just what you burn during the workout.

I never said that you should lift weights exclusively, but if done properly, this can prepare you for any other physical activities.

T be perfectly honest, I have never met anyone who lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off by just doing pure cardio.

In Fitness First and Slimmers there are, they're middle aged women and more mature who religiously do aerobics and don't venture to the weight area.

True that and sadly, these women never keep the weight off.

We had a group of middle aged women like that and only one of them lifted weights religiously, and the one who lifted lost the most amount of weight

• 2 months later...

Interesting thread. A lot of useful info. Checked out the http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp site that one

of the first few posters added.

A friend of mine has already told me about it and has been egging me on to shape up.

In any case, how can you customize HIIT? How do you mix it with weights and how do you determine

if Im not over-exerting myself on the first try (which can lead to injury or sickness, further delaying the constant workouts)

Anyways, hope someone can elaborate. :goatee:

Interesting thread. A lot of useful info. Checked out the http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp site that one

of the first few posters added.

A friend of mine has already told me about it and has been egging me on to shape up.

In any case, how can you customize HIIT? How do you mix it with weights and how do you determine

if Im not over-exerting myself on the first try (which can lead to injury or sickness, further delaying the constant workouts)

Anyways, hope someone can elaborate. :goatee:

YOu start with an intensity you can handle. I would suggest doing it twice a week at most after lifting weights.

Well, I'm not in the best shape of my life, and a heck of a long time since I've lifted weights.

Can't I start with HIIT first before I use weights since I'm not sure if I can do so in my poor physical condition.

Start with weight as well. That is why it is best you have someone knowledgeable to start you off.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm out of shape and I started with Slim in 6 videos and enjoyed it so much I bought the other follow up video and

the family of Power 90, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, Winsor Pilates and my recent purchase The Firm. I love them!

And for someone who hates working out, these are so much fun that I look forward to doing them everyday...

kung minsan 2x a day pa....kahit hatinggabi na nagwowork out pa din ako.

I like that I can change my routine everyday with all the variety of workouts. If I don't

have time, I do the Slim in 6 or just the abs or legs...any target area for about 10 to 20 mins.

The Firm combines cardio and sculpting (with weights) and great workout.

A great cardio work out for me is something that is easy to follow and motivating. Kung mahirap follow yung

steps then mapa=frustrate lang ako. I have to enjoy it, not be boring but it has to have variety and

some degree of challenge/difficulty.

Edited by hottlipss
  • 2 weeks later...
cycling, the ultimate calorie killer...kahit braso mo pagpapawisan

I agree...you can aslo try the Stepper.... but of course any cardio machines will actually do. If you don't have time, I suggest you do fast and more intense cardio such as threadmill.... like doing a sprint. Even with short distances but with speed will already do wonders. But of course do not forget to do a warmup....

actually compared to the national team (where i used to train), we used to do some jogging/sprinting sessions every morning.

in the afternoon, its either we hit the gym and pump some iron or we do our own training and sparring session.

in the evening, this is where we have our intense training and sparring sessions.

so i think that i'm actually doing lesser than what i used to do.

i'm not sure if i got it correctly but going through this thread, i've come to a conclusion that we are actually doing an over practice and hindering further muscle development.

Im trying out hip hop abs ngayon 3 days into it so really cant tell if its working

ay pareho pala tayo...let me know if you start seeing some results...

i don't know if it's working kasi i do several combination of dvd's....mostly yun slim in 6...i've only worked out

with hip hop abs a handful of times and i really didn't feel the tightness in my abs like i do when i do the regular

abs work out on the floor with slim in 6...sarap nun tightness after doing all those crunches...let me know

if you start seeing results with hip hop abs so i can start working out with it again :thumbsupsmiley:

enjoy :)