• 3 weeks later...

I got $10,000 to invest in my favorite ETF. Buy now or wait? I reckon i should wait maybe first week of Feb to see what's going to happen to:

1) BREXIT

2) Banking Royal Commision dito sa Australia

What's a delay of 2 weeks nmn di ba?

Guys let's go shopping na for some porma. 10% discount! Gimik na at pumunta na sa mutual fund market at mag-shopping.

Edited by JohannBeckham

What do you guys think of the U.S. Government shutdown? Parang wla nmnang masyadong impact sa market

It actually impacted a lot last December. As per my calculation, the market should have dropped to 24,000 due to the shutdown. Dropping in December is a huge deal because that rarely happens due to Santa Rally.

Worse, it not only dropped from a health 25,800 on December 3 to 24,000 but went down to 21K levels!! Why? My guess is Robots autosold that led to massive oversold position. Remember that 1000 point DAY drop last month? Shortly thereafter, the humans behind those Robots started buying again leading back to 24K levels which is where we are at now.

The question is: What will happen when the shutdown ends? My guess is it will go back to pre-shutdown news level on December 3 of 25,800.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As with anything in life, you pay for quality. I pay higher fees (0.70% minimum) but get higher returns so the value that I earn more is enough to cover for the difference in the fees.

I had Vanguard when I was younger. Big mistake. Mura nga pero napapamura ako. LOL.

I'm a Boglehead so i love Vanguard! They are dirt cheap and you get market returns everytime. Simplicity is good for me. I only buy passive funds, not the active funds so i dont have to worry about a fund manager changing style, or resigning and moving to competitors or making errors in trading decision. But i understand why people chase to beat the market by buying active mutual funds. I just decided, thats not for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a lifestyle change. Less savings, more helping parents.

So instead of targeting $2K increase in my Mutual Fund Retirement Account, I will just target $1K per month.

The key is to keep the discipline of saving regularly. :)

I will keep a 60% equity : 40% money market position and just stay the course.

• 4 weeks later...