Looking At You (shades And Eyewear)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

leme see...

a Rudy project- onix (i think)

an Oakley - wiretap (cobalt blue)

a ray ban

and a tag heur

(i had to wear glasses from childhood till high school, sunglasses was a luxury you could never enjoy.. so when contacts came into play.. had to indulge)

and for those days when you have to take the LRt.. shades form SM... a whopping 180 pesos!!!

all of my sunglasses were Ray Bans, I got 3 (I think, somewhere in the house) .....

when I started using prescriptions glasses, I used Giorgio Armani frames with clips ons. One for everyday use and the other I use when playing badminton .....

a friend recommended that I use those titanium rimless frames, the ones that Atong Ang mentioned, since after years of use, the sweat that accumulates in the glasses turns green and you have to clean them often.

You guys have any suggestion where I can get those titanium rimless frames and its the current price??

Thanks a lot .....

cheers !!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
a friend recommended that I use those titanium rimless frames, the ones that Atong Ang mentioned, since after years of use, the sweat that accumulates in the glasses turns green and you have to clean them often. 

You guys have any suggestion where I can get those titanium rimless frames and its the current price??

Thanks a lot .....

cheers !!!!!!

you can get them at any optical shop but the quality differs. if you want the best quality, go for 'silhouette', an austrian brand. its extremely popular in hongkong. prices would range from 6-7k. locally its quite hard to find because the brand has changed local distributors thrice for the past 5 years. ive also tried other similarly-designed brands but they break from use within a year or so. with silhouette, the plastic clamps may loosen in a couple of years but these parts are readily available with your favorite optometrist. ive had mine for 3 years and it has withstood numerous drops and heavy pouncing. just recently i bought another pair because i was very satisfied with its performance.

you might want to try abby optical along soler street corner masangkay street in binondo.

you can get them at any optical shop but the quality differs.  if you want the best quality, go for 'silhouette', an austrian brand.  its extremely popular in hongkong.  prices would range from 6-7k.  locally its quite hard to find because the brand has changed local distributors thrice for the past 5 years.  ive also tried other similarly-designed brands but they break from use within a year or so.  with silhouette, the plastic clamps may loosen in a couple of years but these parts are readily available with your favorite optometrist.  ive had mine for 3 years and it has withstood numerous drops and heavy pouncing.  just recently i bought another pair because i was very satisfied with its performance. 

you might want to try abby optical along soler street corner masangkay street in binondo.

silhouette frames are now available at 7k a pop at abby optical.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...