• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 profX

profX

"Sex enhancer"

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2124 posts
  • Interests:women , girls , schoolgirls and hottie !

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:01 PM

helo doc's , just like to know is it true that not all person are candidates for laser correction . if a candidates have cobwebs or lens replacements , is it possible to get a laser correction for added power , for those super small character printed on small eyedrops or warranty sicker printed inside those cellfones ?

#22 destron

destron

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

My sisters getting her eyes done next week. She says P30+ thou (50% off) ang Lasik surgery sa Fatima Hospital. Are there any other cheaper treatments that any can recommend? Any feedbacks will be appreciated.

#23 alpha quadrant

alpha quadrant

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

P30,000 for both eyes? its cheap.
try visit www.eye.com.ph

#24 robrey

robrey

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

P30,000 for both eyes? its cheap.
try visit www.eye.com.ph

Sure ba na P30K for both eyes. Mukha yatang masyadong mura. Baka naman professional fee lang yon wala pa yung gamit ng instruments?

#25 zaqtivi

zaqtivi

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

yup. mura nga 'to. balita ko nasa 70k pataas ang mga ganitong klaseng surgery. sa tingin ko may side effects din. may nabasa din ako article sa time magazine na hindi safe ung ganitong surgery. but who knows maybe in the future maperpekto na ung ganitong klase ng surgery. wala nang cases na nabubulag after etc.

i'm still hopeful.

Sure ba na P30K for both eyes. Mukha yatang masyadong mura. Baka naman professional fee lang yon wala pa yung gamit ng instruments?

#26 Smooth T

Smooth T

The brain on..... sex

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:53 AM

helo doc's , just like to know is it true that not all person are candidates for laser correction . if a candidates have cobwebs or lens replacements , is it possible to get a laser correction for added power , for those super small character printed on small eyedrops or warranty sicker printed inside those cellfones ?

The goal of the surgery is to give patient 20/20 best corrected vision. With 20/20, then it is possible to see those small characters. You just have to squint or to move closer.

Overcorrection of the myopia will just cause the opposite problem in the patient.

My sisters getting her eyes done next week. She says P30+ thou (50% off) ang Lasik surgery sa Fatima Hospital. Are there any other cheaper treatments that any can recommend? Any feedbacks will be appreciated.

yup. mura nga 'to. balita ko nasa 70k pataas ang mga ganitong klaseng surgery. sa tingin ko may side effects din. may nabasa din ako article sa time magazine na hindi safe ung ganitong surgery. but who knows maybe in the future maperpekto na ung ganitong klase ng surgery. wala nang cases na nabubulag after etc.

i'm still hopeful.

I agree that 30k is very cheap. While its possible that that price is already all-inclusive, I believe the average going rate is around 55-70k and upwards.

Personally, I believe that LASIK, done properly, is quite safe. It's true that since its a relatively new procedure, there are very few long term studies that can show its long term effects, but so far, its all been quite positive.

Edited by Smooth T, 14 October 2007 - 02:54 AM.

#27 mc_darklight

mc_darklight

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3290 posts
  • Interests:watching movie...

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

i know it's 30K per eye...

#28 boomouse

boomouse

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1910 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

The goal of the surgery is to give patient 20/20 best corrected vision. With 20/20, then it is possible to see those small characters. You just have to squint or to move closer.

Overcorrection of the myopia will just cause the opposite problem in the patient.

I agree that 30k is very cheap. While its possible that that price is already all-inclusive, I believe the average going rate is around 55-70k and upwards.

Personally, I believe that LASIK, done properly, is quite safe. It's true that since its a relatively new procedure, there are very few long term studies that can show its long term effects, but so far, its all been quite positive.

Do you think lasik is advisable for me with these measurements:

Sph: -1.25/R -1.25/L
Cyl: -1/R -1/L
Axis: 180/R 180/L
Add: 2.25/R 2.25/L
MPD: 0/R 0/L

#29 eyedoc2020

eyedoc2020

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

Do you think lasik is advisable for me with these measurements:

Sph: -1.25/R -1.25/L
Cyl: -1/R -1/L
Axis: 180/R 180/L
Add: 2.25/R 2.25/L
MPD: 0/R 0/L

LASIK can easily remove your nearsightedness, provided you pass the initial screening. But the need for reading glasses remains unless you opt for and can tolerate "monovision" (one eye sees clearly for far, the other eye for near).

#30 boomouse

boomouse

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1910 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

LASIK can easily remove your nearsightedness, provided you pass the initial screening. But the need for reading glasses remains unless you opt for and can tolerate "monovision" (one eye sees clearly for far, the other eye for near).

This sounds like a good idea. I have tried monovision with contact lenses and it worked for me but I could not tolerate contacts for too long. I will also need a consult in conjuction with some planned corrective surgery on my eyelids. I have noticed that my vision improves if I pull them up somewhat and make them less 'droopy'.

Please PM me your clinic address, phone number, and clinic hours. I am in Quezon City and would appreciate someplace near but I really don't mind going anywhere to consult an eye doctor who knows and understands what kind of eye candy I like best.

#31 brentley

brentley

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

This sounds like a good idea. I have tried monovision with contact lenses and it worked for me but I could not tolerate contacts for too long. I will also need a consult in conjuction with some planned corrective surgery on my eyelids. I have noticed that my vision improves if I pull them up somewhat and make them less 'droopy'.

Please PM me your clinic address, phone number, and clinic hours. I am in Quezon City and would appreciate someplace near but I really don't mind going anywhere to consult an eye doctor who knows and understands what kind of eye candy I like best.

Try QC Eye Center just beside Mahalikaya Health complex

#32 betloger

betloger

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

i had my eyes lasered like 10years ago and it costs only 30k for both my eyes then. the doc said that the process doesn't guarantee that one would have a 20/20 vision. i have 20/40 now.

#33 abduljackolsalsalani

abduljackolsalsalani

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

sa Megamall, the STI Megaclinic offers it cheaply.

#34 eyedoc2020

eyedoc2020

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:01 AM

Hi, boomouse. Sorry for the overly late reply re your LASIK inquiry. I've been away from MTC for ages! I tried to PM you, but got an error message.

If you're still interested in an eye consultation, I just added St. Luke's QC to my clinic schedule. I'm there Fridays 9-12 by appointment. Otherwise, I have clinics in Manila (in front of PGH) and Alabang (Asian Hospital). Send me a PM with your number or email and I'll send you my clinic info.

Again my apologies.

PS saw you're a mac guy. Am getting a macbook for myself (switching from PC) next week.

#35 Brownman

Brownman

Shaman

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:04 AM

guys pa pm naman po how much it would cost to undergo the surgery. am going back home this july and am planning to have one.

thanks,

Better have it done where you are just in case there's complication. This is one of those things that I would not go cheap.

#36 Toffee

Toffee

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

I had PRK done instead of LASIK. If you are an active person, into sports and all that, I suggest you do PRK. The corneal flap could possibly move, even after healing, on eyes done with LASIK. Also make sure to look for a surgeon that uses the newest laser, I think it's called wavefront laser. They use it on both PRK and LASIK. I had it done about 3 months ago. The first month sucked, I could see halo on lights at night. After a while it gradually went away. Right now my vision is 20/15 on my left eye and 20/20 on the other. I think it was just my eyes.

The whole PRK process took about 15 mins for both eyes, They will tell you to keep taking vitamin C up to 3 months to help the healing process. The healing process was not too bad. It didn't really hurt, it was more like annoying. They will give you medication that will put you out, haha.
I got my eyes done through my employer, so I can't really help you out with the price. All in all, it is well worth it. It's awesome not having to wear glasses or contacs. No more buying contact lens solutions. No more cleaning contac lenses. It's great.

If I were you, I would get it done as soon as possible but make sure to do your homework first, check on you doctors. Those eyes are yours, so if they fuucked it up, you will be sh!t out of luck. Pick carefully. Goodluck!

http://www.allaboutvision.com/ <----- check this site out. It will give you some idea on what to expect, also, check out youtube.com for eyesurgeries, it will show you how it's done

#37 kanski

kanski

All-seeing Eye

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2598 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

It's awesome not having to wear glasses or contacs.

At least until age 40. :D

#38 Leyna

Leyna

little miss pain in the ass

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5429 posts
  • Interests:the written word

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

I've been contemplating on this too...I've been wearing contact lenses for 8 years now. No budget yet...hope it will come out cheap after a few years...

#39 Hex_Arenas

Hex_Arenas

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1075 posts
  • Interests:Good food, good books, good music and great conversations... *tink*

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

I've been thinking of having this procedure too, for a year now. I've been wearing glasses for over two years and I don't like it. I do a lot of reading. And my eyes get itchy a lot. And I'm always in front of a computer.

My question is, if ever I do get better vision after this procedure, what will happen when I get old? I mean, will my eyes stay 20/20 all my life after this operation? Thanks!

#40 nightingale

nightingale

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

^lasik is subject to the usual effects of aging. by around 40's you'll probably need reading glasses despite an earlier lasik procedure.
Gusto ko rin ito, i've been wanting to do this for the last 3 years, but i am afraid of the risks...

Edited by nightingale, 02 May 2009 - 11:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users