LA Lakers

for Lakers fan lang po ba ito?? or pwede mag-share ng opinion???:rolleyes:

nagtatanong lang po, para hindi din maka-offend ng feelings pag nag-share ng opinion...

walang problema kung mag share ka ng opinion ... open naman ang thread na itowink.gif

Sabi ni DH para makapasok ang Lakers sa playoffs dapat maipanalo nila ang huling 8 laro nila. Well sana nga ... pero sa tingin ko mahihirapan. In fact, nagpapanalo na ulit ang Jazz kaya sobrang pressure sa Lakers.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 2

The LAKERS truly have underperformed this year... may mga nagsabing papasok sa finals ang Lakers nun nakuha sina Nash at DH pero sa nakikita natin baka pati sa playoffs di pa makapasok.

While they have assembled the one of the best if not the "best" starting five in the league, the Lakers were not able to fully maximize playing them together due to injuries. Umabot kaya ng 10 games?

None the less, the Lakers still only have themselves to blame for their inconsistencies. How many games did they lose which were supposedly "won" games already? If you add these games up, they would probably have safely secured a playoffs spot by now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 2

a lot of people (excluding myself, im sure marami pa jan) predicted that this team will go to the final this year. and yet mukang ang pressure ay pagrabe ng pagrabe para manalo makapasok lang sa playoff. baka di compatible maglaro ng effective si kobe, howard at nash. isama na natin na parang ang lambot maglaro ni howard dahil may iniinda pa rin sa katawan. si pau gasol naman eh parang naetchapwera sa system ng coach, o sabihin natin na hirap mag adjust sa coaching style ni d'antoni. si kobe 2nd or 3rd best player pa rin para sa akin kaya wala sa kanya ang problema. si steve nash matanda na. si jamison at artest, effective pa rin kahit papaano.

I had more realistic expectations about this team and especially with everyone being older and new coaches, chemistry and ego issues along the way. If you remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton, they were no longer in their prime and they quit the lakers after that season but at least they made the finals. That was different, same coach, same system, same core and just added some pieces.

Maybe the best 5 on paper but you can't win with just your starting 5. The bench is important too.

Jim Buss broke this team apart. The Laker bench is now on the Clippers side :)

Just look at the other teams finding ways to win without their superstar players.

I had more realistic expectations about this team and especially with everyone being older and new coaches, chemistry and ego issues along the way. If you remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton, they were no longer in their prime and they quit the lakers after that season but at least they made the finals. That was different, same coach, same system, same core and just added some pieces.

Maybe the best 5 on paper but you can't win with just your starting 5. The bench is important too.

Jim Buss broke this team apart. The Laker bench is now on the Clippers side :)

Just look at the other teams finding ways to win without their superstar players.

I agree ... the Lakers surely did have an "upgrade" at the point by signing Nash but he is not the same Nash that won the MVP. DH on the other hand somehow didn't play to expectations. Plus the team had to go through a change in the system twice, first under Coach Brown then under D' Antoni. There is the question of whether the system being introduced is well suited to the players they have.

Miami didn't win immediately when they formed their Big 3. Boston was kinda lucky to win on its first year against the Lakers team that added Gasol midway through that season. The core of that Lakers team that lost to Boston eventually won a couple of rings ... that is why although I am hopeful that the Lakers can contend, I have some reservations that they can win it all in this year. But from the start I expect this core to win at least one in three years time specially with a few additions eventually to improve the bench.

Then again, looking at their situation now wherein they are struggling just to make the playoffs is enough to say they have played well below my expectations. This team should at least be in the middle of the pack if not on top of the standings. If lady luck won't cooperate, our dear Lakers might end up being the top non playoffs-bound teamsad.gif

Well they have 8 games to save their season ... and the ball is in their hands. GO LAKERS!

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote 2

Deciding factor ang game nila today against Mavs.

Pag tinalo sila ng Mavs today medyo malabo na ang run nila to make it to the 8th spot.

Out of 8 games remaining(kasama na yung ngayon) 3 lang dyan yung nasa ilalim nila sa standing.

pag tinalo pa sila ng Mavs ngayon 2 out of 7 nalang ang nasa ilalim nila sa standing.

ang next game nila is against Memphis, Clippers, Hornets, Trailblazers, Warriors, Spurs at Rockets.

plus pa na maganda din ang nilalaro ng Utah ngayon at out of 7 last games 3 dun ang nasa ilalim nila sa standings.

pag tinalo ng Mavs ang Lakers ngayon pwede parin humabol ang Mavs para sa 8th spot since magiging 5 of their last 8 games puro nasa ilalim na nila ang mga team na makakalaban nila.

Guest Demonick Fury

a lot of people (excluding myself, im sure marami pa jan) predicted that this team will go to the final this year. and yet mukang ang pressure ay pagrabe ng pagrabe para manalo makapasok lang sa playoff. baka di compatible maglaro ng effective si kobe, howard at nash. isama na natin na parang ang lambot maglaro ni howard dahil may iniinda pa rin sa katawan. si pau gasol naman eh parang naetchapwera sa system ng coach, o sabihin natin na hirap mag adjust sa coaching style ni d'antoni. si kobe 2nd or 3rd best player pa rin para sa akin kaya wala sa kanya ang problema. si steve nash matanda na. si jamison at artest, effective pa rin kahit papaano.

Tanggalin na nila next season iyang si Howard. Malambot nga maglaro.

Shaq got his jersey retired but I believe there's no other laker with a jersey retired that played for the Celtics.

Was he the only ex-Laker that played for the Celtics? He was way past his prime when he joined the Celtics. I think the Celtics were hoping they could extract some more juice from the big fella. He retired after a year with the C's despite still having another year in his contract.

I remember Shaw and Fox who started out their careers in Boston but eventually played and ended their career as a Laker. These two never won a title with Boston but were important pieces to the Lakers dominance during the Shaq - Kobe era.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 2

Was he the only ex-Laker that played for the Celtics? He was way past his prime when he joined the Celtics. I think the Celtics were hoping they could extract some more juice from the big fella. He retired after a year with the C's despite still having another year in his contract.

I remember Shaw and Fox who started out their careers in Boston but eventually played and ended their career as a Laker. These two never won a title with Boston but were important pieces to the Lakers dominance during the Shaq - Kobe era.

I believe so. No celtic comes to mind.

Guest nick fury BadMonkey

Nothing is impossible to those who believe! So let's hope that the Lakers can still move mountains and get a few more wins to make it to the playoffs this season.

Since utah also won yesterday, it is important for the lakers to win against the clippers to consolidate their lead.

One of the commentators in the houston vs portland game said that the game against the clippers will be crucial for the lakers as a win would most likely lead to a playoffs spot. While the lakers still has to face teams with better record like san antonio and houston, this will be towards the end of the regular season thus it is likely that these teams will rest their stars?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 2
Guest demon nick fury

Based on the NBA Website, the Lakers are favored by most fans (roughly 78% overall) to grab the 8th seed in the Western Conference. If they continue winning the rest of the games, they'd surely meet the fans' expectations.

1365307837[/url]' post='8594144']

Based on the NBA Website, the Lakers are favored by most fans (roughly 78% overall) to grab the 8th seed in the Western Conference. If they continue winning the rest of the games, they'd surely meet the fans' expectations.

But it will surely break the haters heart!laugh.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 2