Rapide Auto Experts - Share Your Experiences

pwind

hi guys. ive seen this chain of motor shops spread throughout metro manila. i used to go to their magallanes and buendia

branches. everytime i have my car checked, thye would always give me these huge estimates. i like the cheap changeoil

packages they offer but the service i get from one store is different from the next. anyone have any fr on their experiences

with these guys?

hi guys. ive seen this chain of motor shops spread throughout metro manila. i used to go to their magallanes and buendia

branches. everytime i have my car checked, thye would always give me these huge estimates. i like the cheap changeoil

packages they offer but the service i get from one store is different from the next. anyone have any fr on their experiences

with these guys?

Yes. I agree that they have a cheap change oil / tune up package compared to the other casas. But what I like from Rapide is their general check up of your car's condition. normally, I'll just get their findings and have the identified problems double checked, and repaired at a nearby gas station.

ok

During one of our family get togethers , i had a cousin tell me about his experience with rapide. On one of his last visits to rapide at alabang, he availed of one of their promos on changeoils. i think it was for 770. About a week later, he started noticing drops of oil in his garge on. it turns out that the oil filter that they used had a leak or something. the brand was ac delco. they changed it ofcourse. this was a scary experience for him. are they still using the ac delco filters?

Guest Dobermaxx

I have been using the Rapide in BF Homes along presidents ave for over a year now. I have no complaints at all. They treat me like a valued client everytime i drive in. Granted they are a bit pricier than the others but you can't beat their warraties. I replaced an entire transmission on my truck with them and they did a great job. Truth be told I don't let anyone but them touch my cars anymore.

I have been using the Rapide in BF Homes along presidents ave for over a year now. I have no complaints at all. They treat me like a valued client everytime i drive in. Granted they are a bit pricier than the others but you can't beat their warraties. I replaced an entire transmission on my truck with them and they did a great job. Truth be told I don't let anyone but them touch my cars anymore.

really. im going to try out that branch soon..

Change oil/tune up is OK.

However, there was a time when the suspension was producing a sound so I had a pickup brought there. And they diagnosed that shocks and many other things need to be replaced and it would cost 24,000.

I went for a second opinion at the casa or Universal Motors Corp, and they said only the bushing needed replace ment and cost only 5,000 or so.

Just beware at so-called "named" shops. I know for a fact that Mega Motion has a policy enforced by their boss and employees to replace whatever is possible for the situation, in order to increase sales. Perhaps, Rapide has the same policy.

However, there was a time when the suspension was producing a sound so I had a pickup brought there. And they diagnosed that shocks and many other things need to be replaced and it would cost 24,000.

I went for a second opinion at the casa or Universal Motors Corp, and they said only the bushing needed replace ment and cost only 5,000 or so.

Just beware at so-called "named" shops. I know for a fact that Mega Motion has a policy enforced by their boss and employees to replace whatever is possible for the situation, in order to increase sales. Perhaps, Rapide has the same policy.

this is true. ive heard te same.

ive noticed that some branches use bosch parts. i think this is better than their ac delco products.

Correct. Had the same experience too. They were charging me 20K for the repair on the car's suspension. Tapos, yung isa pang motor shop 6K lang.

Nag deteriorate na ang service ng Rapides. Dati nung Midas pa lang sila, I used to get good and honest service. Ngayon I have the feeling that they overestimate the required repairs especially if the owner doesnt know anything about car maintenance. My mothers car ang mileage is only 85K has to be given clutch replacement 3 times in 2 years. Yung third time was 2 weeks ago. My mom was charged 9K for clutch disk replacement. I had the old part checked by a certified mechanic and he was surprised that the replaced unit is still in good condition. Somehow I believe that each branch has some sales quota to meet. Kaya puro required replacements and nasa report nila.

Hope they change this kind of wrongdoing.

:thumbsdownsmiley:

Nag deteriorate na ang service ng Rapides. Dati nung Midas pa lang sila, I used to get good and honest service. Ngayon I have the feeling that they overestimate the required repairs especially if the owner doesnt know anything about car maintenance. My mothers car ang mileage is only 85K has to be given clutch replacement 3 times in 2 years. Yung third time was 2 weeks ago. My mom was charged 9K for clutch disk replacement. I had the old part checked by a certified mechanic and he was surprised that the replaced unit is still in good condition. Somehow I believe that each branch has some sales quota to meet. Kaya puro required replacements and nasa report nila.

Hope they change this kind of wrongdoing.

:thumbsdownsmiley:

which branch did you have this experience with? i dont now if that price is high or not. as fo the clutch replacement three times in two years, there might be some technical comments on this. it is possible that the clutch used on one of the repairs is of poor quality. it is always best to get the brands specified in the quote. ask for the highend and lowend brand. the difference should be only a couple of hundred but will make the difference in the long run. also insist on known brands for the release bearing and pressure plate. this can also mean the difference of a soft clutch pedal and a stiffer pedal. I think you are right with the quotas each shop might have. i guess its best to have repairs done in the early part of the months so that we dont get affected by these quotas..

I went to their betterliving branch before. Had to return my car three times. Gumagana yung aircon, pero walang lamig. Condenser (?) daw ang may problem, so I had it replaced. Parked the car overnight during my duty pagdating ng umaga, wala na namang lamig. I returned it to them, butas daw pala yung mga pipes na dinadaanan ng freon. Di nagalit ako, pinabalik ko yung condenser (?) since di naman pala yung ang may problema. Pagkuha ko ng car ko the next day, okay na daw. I noticed a lot of engine oil na nakakalat sa surface ng makina.

After two days, wala na namang lamig tsaka maingay ang makina. Dinala ko na lang sa shell sucat. Kalahati na lang ang laman na oil. Nawawala pa daw yung cover ng inflow valve ng freon. Hanggang ngayon okay pa ang car ko. Swore I'd never return to rapide again...

I went to their betterliving branch before. Had to return my car three times. Gumagana yung aircon, pero walang lamig. Condenser (?) daw ang may problem, so I had it replaced. Parked the car overnight during my duty pagdating ng umaga, wala na namang lamig. I returned it to them, butas daw pala yung mga pipes na dinadaanan ng freon. Di nagalit ako, pinabalik ko yung condenser (?) since di naman pala yung ang may problema. Pagkuha ko ng car ko the next day, okay na daw. I noticed a lot of engine oil na nakakalat sa surface ng makina.

After two days, wala na namang lamig tsaka maingay ang makina. Dinala ko na lang sa shell sucat. Kalahati na lang ang laman na oil. Nawawala pa daw yung cover ng inflow valve ng freon. Hanggang ngayon okay pa ang car ko. Swore I'd never return to rapide again...

did this happen just recently? i noticed some rapide shops have the denso signage. i do not know if thi means that they carry denso parts or give denso quality service. did they return your money from the replacement of the condenser?

• 4 months later...

Try visiting the usual auto enthusiast forums and you'll get tons of horror stories on Rapide. Sites like autoindustriya and Kotse.com to name two.

It seems that they have quota system where they must average a certain amount of pesos per car they do.

If one car did not meet the quota, they have to make bawi with the other clients.

They have come ons like cheap change oils and free this and that but while you are having the cheap change oil the Rapide person will come to you with a laundry list of parts that are supposed to be replaced as per their assessment. Mind you, a lot of the parts on their list aren't even broken. What's worse, the cost of the part and the labor to install it is sky high especially when you consider that Rapide is not affiliated with any car manufacturer.

They also have their lifetime brake warranty promo which I think is a scam. To keep the warranty in effect, you have to follow all their recommendations which usually results in a lot of unecessary component replacement.

Try and visit a Rapide outlet. Most of the clients there are family drivers that have been sent over by their amos who don't know squat about cars. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
how would you rate the following service centers?

goodyear servitek

yokohama wheel gallery

bridgestone by phil allied

pronto

bosch car service

I have tried the Bridgestone tire center at the Fort and changed all 4 tires of my Honda CRV. Service was good > I wiuld recommend this place to you guys out there.

• 2 months later...

change oil / tune up is OK. experience ko before, I availed of their change oil package, to my surprise, it took then 1 and a half hour to have the oil filter from other branch. promo package nila eto pero bakit wala sila stock ng part for that service....

they don't accept or service you car pag ikaw ang magpro-provide ng parts....eh mas mura ang binibilihan ko ng parts sa banawe.....

basic service lang matino d2, tipong change oil, change tires, basta not any service that requires the use of brain, kasi wala cla

nito, Well, at least not ung Shaw branch nila na may tie-up pa sa Goodyear, naka advertise Good Year Servitek pero obvious na

obvious Rapide ang store. This branch sucks big time, I just asked them to change my brake-pads kasi may ingay na, amp0ta

mga b0b0 ung rephasing site nila ng discs nsa makati pa, my rotor discs had to travel from shaw-makati-makati to shaw just to

get re-phased. Pero, cge pabigyan natin kasi baka nga wala cla machine shop tlga dun, eh p0ta akalain mo nga naman ang layo

na nga ng pina-rephase nila mali pa ampotaaaaa!! , cge cge pag-bigyan pa natin, pumunta ulet discs ko from

shaw-makati-makati-shaw to get re-rephased. AMPOTA PAG BALIK AT NUNG NUNG KINABIT UNG BRAKES KO IMBES NA MAWALA UNG PROBLEMA NG

BRAKES KO LALONG LUMAKI, FROM A SOFT TINGLING SOUND FROM THE BRAKES BEFORE, NOW ITS A FREAKING KNOCK, AND

A LOUD ONE AT THAT. ASSHOLES REALLY, DUMBASSES, HAD TO BRING MY CAR TO HONDA AND COST ME 4 THOU TO FIX

THE DAMAGE THEY DID.

SCREW RAPIDE-SHAW!!!!

Edited by Novice69

Is this the one located in Banawe and had Gabby Concepcion on their TV commercial?

• 4 weeks later...