The SMART Complaint Thread

• 3 weeks later...

NUNG UMUWI AKO PROVINCE OK NAMAN SMART WIFI SA BAHAY AS IN ANG BLIS 40-50KB/S DOWNLOAD WOW SABI ASTIG AH DATI KZING BAGAL NG DIALUP SINETUP KO NETWORK NG TATLO NA KAPITBAHAY NAKIKABIT POCHA UNG MGA BAHAL SOBRANG LALAYO BIRUIN MO 90M CABLE ANG LAYO ANG GINAMIT KO UNG ISA 50M AT UNG ISA 20M LANG

EDIMAX ROUTER AT LOTS LOTS LOTS OF CABLES

mabagal compared to pldt dsl

sir it should be slower than dsl as dsl minimum speed is 512kbps & wireless broadband can only go as fast as 370+kbps at the same time affected ang signal nila if its cloudy or if its raining kahit na malapit ka sa relay stations since RF ang gamit nila w/c travels in the air, affected tlga siya lalo na kapag medjo may static cling ang air. ^_^

i would actually agree with you about their tech staff, nagbabasa lng sila ng script. kapag nasa harap ka ng pc mo & you deal with the internet most of the time mas mahusay ka pa sa tech staff nila.

the only problem i have with them is the delayed billing. i get a bill every 2 months, wala naman kaming agreement na ganun. buti na lang at walang late fees. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Eto lang masasabi ko sa service ng Smart Bro:

S ervice sucks

M abagal ang response time

A lways sira ang connection

R aming excuses for poor service

T echnical support walang alam

B obo mga telephone agents

R eplace your Smart Bro

O rdinary dial-up na lang

i totally agree!!! and this you have to know...my experience with SMART BRO..i got my application through an agent in a supermarket when this was offered initially. so i took the chance and decided to try it. according to the agent, i'll know if the application is approve after a week through text message. true to form i got the text message confirming that application is ok and that somebody will come to install the unitl on which i have to pay around 1,500++. i was not informed that it has a 1 yr lock up date. same thing happened to my colleague in my former office. he was not also informed of the lock up date. after suffering for 2 months due to bad service (connection, tech support etc) i decided to have it disconnected. i went to the wireless center only to be informed of the lock up date and that i was also informed that if i have to have it disconnected i should talk to MERIDIAN who is the one providing the service. the SMART ( not so smart!) after sales agent told me that it is Meridian who will decide if they will disconnect or not given that this is just a partnership with SMART and MERIDIAN. I told the not so SMART lady that i won't talk to Meridian coz i know it was SMART who offered the service to me. guess what...until now this is still a pending issue. Nobody from SMART dared to settle this issue inspite of all the reports and letters i've sent...and guess what .. they havent disconnected the line until it reached Php 20k and they want me to pay for it even though i didnt use the not so SMART connection since March 6 and they even have the nerve to threaten me of filing a suit against me. duh!??! :O eh when i went to their not so SMART wireless center, the after sales person told me not to settle anything and they will help me resolve this. duh..labo ng SMART BRO...BULOK to the maX!!!

di ba dapat individual IPs tayo sa DSL or smart bro? Bakit sabi ng rapidshare i am already downloading?

SmartBro uses a shared IP. So naka IP masking lang cya. I don't know the exact number of subscribers that share one IP but I think it is per cell site.

Unlike DSL which assigns each subscriber a Public IP address (dynamic or static depending on your subscription).

tama, its a shared IP. kc i trace my IP and even tried to probe my system but it says i'm behind a NAT or a PROXY

SmartBro uses a shared IP. So naka IP masking lang cya. I don't know the exact number of subscribers that share one IP but I think it is per cell site.

Unlike DSL which assigns each subscriber a Public IP address (dynamic or static depending on your subscription).

Edited by pintor

So far wala na problem since the Milenyo typhoon up to this writing ...

Mga sir

I just got my Smart Wireless yesterday....

Ang una ko ginawa is to Update my Windows XP.

41 Updates nagawa ny naman around 30min and no interruptions naman.

So far so good.... any bad experiences .... share ko right away ...!!!

Pero sana wala

So far wala na problem since the Milenyo typhoon up to this writing ...

Mga sir

I just got my Smart Wireless yesterday....

Ang una ko ginawa is to Update my Windows XP.

41 Updates nagawa ny naman around 30min and no interruptions naman.

So far so good.... any bad experiences .... share ko right away ...!!!

Pero sana wala

availed of their service (nagsisisi nga ako) 3 weeks ago. First 2 days ok siya tapos wala na.Called tech support almost everyday.para silang robot.paulit ulit ang sinasabi.minsan may connection mga 10mins tapos mawawala ng matagal.siguro in a day mga 15mins ko lang magagamit.para kang naka isp card.di ko na babayaran ito maski hindi ako ininform na may lock up pala.