Why Are Fat People Sensitive?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chemical imbalance,from how much food intake they are taking, sometimes because of being fat they fear that they are different than others,like Colored people(African americans), and sexually challenged people(gays and lesbians), Horizontally challenged (Fat people) have the tendency to feel that they are always misjudged.

• 6 months later...

Sorry, but most of your replies are WRONG!

Assuming that the question refers to fat people feeling offended when others call them fat (i.e. "Ang taba mo ngayon, ah!"), well I can tell you that it is NOT about insecurity. Believe me, I know.

It is all about COURTESY. Fat people already know that they are fat. They are fat - not stupid or blind - and they already know it is unattractive. Non-fat people who remark on others' fatness are rude, inconsiderate, and have poor breeding. Bad manners should never be tolerated by anyone.

As the saying goes, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." It's okay when good friends tease you, but everyone else should be polite and just keep quiet.

What if someone better-looking or more successful tells you or your loved one, "Wow, ang pangit mo!" or "Ang tanga mo."?

It doesn't take much to show a little respect, right?

Edited by taboolover

Its another case of sweeping generalization :D, doesnt mean that "some" fat friends are insensitive and insecure...we do "conclude" and "assume" they really are..it will only show how "shallow" we understand the human psyche...

hey guys & gals...if they are"fat" will it make them "less" human? :lol: or being "fat" give everyone else the "green light" to lambast or degrade a person? think again :D

Bottomline....its all about respect, tact and breeding

It applies not only to fat people (e.g: homosexuals, intellectually challanged people, midgets, those with physical abnormalities, etc)

Having a buff & sexy body is healthy, but it does NOT guarantee "superiority" over those people above their specific BMIs or having weight problems

Im sure those who have "brains" will understand :lol: :D

Edited by orionpax

When you get picked on a lot, you develop a sense of insecurity. Madali kang masaktan/mapikon. Sensitive.

Help by not being a bully. Help carry an overweight friend's burden by being a real person to him/her. Stop teasing. Do not fan the embers. Insecurity is developed, it is not in-born.

Look at the mirror, we are not perfect. stop picking on others. :goatee:

And not all horizontally-challenged people are sensitive/insecure. Look at Sinbad, Cedric the Entertainer, Bernie Mac, Fat Joe, Biggie Smalls (rip), John Goodman, Molto Mario, Drew Carrey, Kristie Alley, etc.

We all have flaws. Let's count our blessings instead. :goatee:

I'm not sure if all fat people are sensitive, is this a fact from a medical survey?

And if they are, I think it is because they are so conscious with their appearance, that any remark or gesture made by anybody had something to do with them being fat. (Close to paranoia.)

I think sensitivity is more likely with persons wh thinks that something is wrong with them.

Of course I maybe wrong.

Bcoz they're somewhat insecure, feeling conscious bout what the people that sorrounds them think bout em... :rolleyes:

I recall, a friend once told his supervisor that she's sexy although medyo chubby nga yung person... Ayun, mdyo na-offend yta...

Tinanggal sa work yung friend ko.. Wahahaha... :lol:

Moral lesson is... don't give compliments to others na hindi naman nakakatuwa or somewhat di naman totoo... :D

If alam mo naman na wala sa katangian nung tao yung gusto mo sabihin, eh wag mo nlng batiin ng ganun... ;)

Edited by pphyles_core

And what makes you right?

By lying to them that they are thin?

I hope you dont get into a situation when you have to give your findings/opinion/prognosis/etc... that someone is FAT and that is the problem, that is the reality they face and need to resolve

Sorry, but most of your replies are WRONG!

It doesn't take much to show a little respect, right?

And what makes you right?

By lying to them that they are thin?

I hope you dont get into a situation when you have to give your findings/opinion/prognosis/etc... that someone is FAT and that is the problem, that is the reality they face and need to resolve

What makes me right is that I know how it feels when people inconsiderately call attention to another person's condition.

Please take some time and carefully read the rest of my post, and those of others who have replied sensibly. We've made our points very VERY simple to understand.

If I have to spell it out - THERE IS NO NEED TO STATE THE OBVIOUS FACT THAT A PERSON IS FAT. Period.

If you do, it only displays your lack of breeding, class, civility and emotional maturity. It's really very easy...JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Don't point out the obvious, don't patronize fat people, don't give them false flattery, don't tell them they are thin. Just treat them like normal people. Treat them the way that YOU would like to be treated. It's common sense and God's commandment, dearie.

And please, a fat person's business is his/her own. Unless you are family or very close friends, you are in no position to give unsolicited advice on their "problem". For all you know, being fat may not even be a problem for them. It's NOT up to you to be their Saviour or Messiah. Don't be so arrogant to consider yourself better than anyone else.

So remember - what bothers us fat folks is NOT our weight - it's having to be on the same planet with self-centered idiots and emotional retards. If you judge people by their appearance rather than by their deeds, then it is YOU who has a problem that needs to be resolved.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it is all about RESPECT.

I have a best buddy in my younger years who is on the large side of tings.... Anyway he does get offended at times but it is not really related to his physical appearance. Some people who are a bit out of the society's "norms" but is surrounded by nurturing and caring people grow up to have the confidence to tackle most of life's problems and an occasional jest. I would be a hypocrite if I do not admit that I do get pissed off at times but at very rare occassions.

Everyone has his/her own limits to jest. Its in your character how you cope with such things.