well, we still dont know if there is an afterlife or heaven or even hell whatsoever, kasi di pa nmn tayo patay, and even we are afraid to die or not, its still uncertain kung san ka nga mapupunta, we still dont know, if you believe in religions, well they have lots of places like heaven or hell or the nirvana or whatever, only the ones who passed away can say that pero do the dead talk to us that there is such place? there is one, religion, if you have the powerful critical and rationalistic thinking, you will say wala, pero marami pa ding magsasabi na merong langit and the afterlife kasi meron silang tinatawag nating "faith"

• 4 weeks later...

Religions are like different paths to the same destination, just like Waze shows you alternative paths to where you want to go.

Religions are the alternative roadways all leading to the same endpoint. Problems arise when the "my way is better than yours" mentality sets in and factions erupt with blind fanaticism to prove superiority and authenticity over the others. Ironically while religions preach peace, the major wars in the world originate from religious differences - the Holy Wars, the Crusades pitted Christianity vs Islam which have metamorphosed into present day geo-political conflicts with entities such as Al Queda, Taliban and Isis.

:( :( :(

religions are a guide to how to live a certain way. religions teach good things, but are maligned to serve a few, an organization. (becoming a business for some) its a business of selling hope. so fanatics are people who just listen and believe rather than having a brain and research for themselves, just obey. now that's retards following false idiotic leaders.

rather than following religions, look into the good, teachings in the books are good. interpret for your self the meanings, be open minded and look into the good :)

law and order is very much different from right and wrong. and should not be mixed. anyways, God doesn't have a religion. he definitely did not sign up to any religion. religion is made by men.

• 2 weeks later...

Religion is about faith. Faith is for those who are believers or certainly theists. Therefore, religion is not supposed to be discussed here. lol

Anyway, if we try to look at the topic of this thread, it’s about agnosticism and atheism. So more or less the former refers to philosophical view of certain metaphysical claims, such as the existence of God or the supernatural—are unknown or maybe unknowable, and the latter, simply about rejection of belief that any deities or gods exist.

And, in view of being an agnostic (theist), there is a fine line between knowledge and rejection. ;)

• 1 month later...

Religion is like everything else - a source of meditation. I wonder how agnostics and atheists meditate.

Most yes. I became agnostic when i saw everything from the outside. Turns out i just don't care about religion because imo it keeps wasting my time. On the part of "Source of meditation". Living and trying to help other people is my way of meditation as it gives me purpose in life. Even though i pray'd to god so many times when i was still young and he didn't answer back. I still believe in helping other people regardless of faith.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...

Most yes. I became agnostic when i saw everything from the outside. Turns out i just don't care about religion because imo it keeps wasting my time. On the part of "Source of meditation". Living and trying to help other people is my way of meditation as it gives me purpose in life. Even though i pray'd to god so many times when i was still young and he didn't answer back. I still believe in helping other people regardless of faith.

Your affirmation seems to be contradicting to the entire statement of yours. Only the faithful ones with religion practice the real meditation regardless of the sect they are in.

^ Differences in definition. The word "meditation" has a broad set of meanings to different people. I suggest to my fellow unfaithfuls that we use a different word that is more physically descriptive. Take Wim Hof's "breathing technique" for example - some say it is very similar to Tibetan Tummo meditation. While the monks practice it to reach a higher state of consciousness, Wim Hof does it to perform stunts with ice. :D

^ Differences in definition. The word "meditation" has a broad set of meanings to different people. I suggest to my fellow unfaithfuls that we use a different word that is more physically descriptive. Take Wim Hof's "breathing technique" for example - some say it is very similar to Tibetan Tummo meditation. While the monks practice it to reach a higher state of consciousness, Wim Hof does it to perform stunts with ice. :D

Again, there's a thin line between being able to learn the difference and being an innate stupefaction. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

i was born and raise as a catholic, but as i grow older, i found myself as a non believer of any religion..existence of god is unknown, it cannot be determine,we cannot prove or disprove at all..

We measure energy thru heat, hence the British Thermal Unit (Btu). But how can we measure the energy level (kinetic and potential) of the multiverse? Hence, the mystic answer for such "proof of God", is that our "intelligence" is far too limited comprehend for such a consciousness called God or Source.

For a logical human being, this is quite frustrating indeed. It is not surprising to find atheists who have genius-level IQ.

Edited by rontan2014

We measure energy thru heat, hence the British Thermal Unit (Btu). But how can we measure the energy level (kinetic and potential) of the multiverse? Hence, the mystic answer for such "proof of God", is that our "intelligence" is far too limited comprehend for such a consciousness called God or Source.

For a logical human being, this is quite frustrating indeed. It is not surprising to find atheists who have genius-level IQ.

.. what are you trying to imply? Edited by p4tr1ck

.. what are you trying to imply?

That delving deeply into these questions: God, truth, existence; is almost impossible.

If you can find inner peace being a non-believer, good for you.

For believers who are still searching, logic/intellect is a invaluable tool in this physical dimension. But it can only get you so far.

Edited by rontan2014
  • 4 weeks later...

Religion separates us human beings from each other. Para sa akin, hindi naman mahalaga kung ano religion mo or anong nationality mo or mayaman ka man o hindi. Ang mahalaga eh, anong klase kang tao? Matalino at may pinag-aralan ka nga, wala naman malasakit sa kapwa. Mayaman at masagana ka nga, swapang at madamot naman sa mga nangangailangan. Madasalin at relihiyoso ka nga, hayop at mapang-api ka naman sa ibang tao. Temporary lang ang mundong ito. Sa ayaw nyo man o gusto, lahat tayo lilisan sa buhay na meron tayo. Eto na lang ang isipin nyo, sa other side of life, at may huhusga sa atin (path 1 heaven or eternal peace at path 2 hell or eternal suffering) saan sa tingin nyo ang bagsak nyo? Peace yow ;)

Eto na lang ang isipin nyo, sa other side of life, at may huhusga sa atin (path 1 heaven or eternal peace at path 2 hell or eternal suffering) saan sa tingin nyo ang bagsak nyo? Peace yow ;)

Heaven or Hell is a Semitic-based (Judaism, Christianity, Islam, & Zoroastrianism) religious belief. There are other faiths that doesn't follow or even extend such belief particularly the Eastern spirituality, such as: Buddhism (reincarnation), Taoism, Sikhism, Kabir Panths, and Sant Mat.

However, there universal acceptance on Buddha's Noble Eightfold Path, no matter the faith.

Eto na lang ang isipin nyo, sa other side of life, at may huhusga sa atin (path 1 heaven or eternal peace at path 2 hell or eternal suffering) saan sa tingin nyo ang bagsak nyo? Peace yow ;)

Peace din bro, pero assuming alam mo kung ano ang atheist at agnostic: I'm curious why would you ask us this question?

If it's something you care deeply about, and you know that this group either don't believe or don't care about it, then what's the point.

I could ask the Pope whether he thinks the unicorn is male or female, but what's the point when I know he doesn't believe in the unicorn.

Peace din bro, pero assuming alam mo kung ano ang atheist at agnostic: I'm curious why would you ask us this question?

If it's something you care deeply about, and you know that this group either don't believe or don't care about it, then what's the point.

I could ask the Pope whether he thinks the unicorn is male or female, but what's the point when I know he doesn't believe in the unicorn.

But what if the Pope knows a lot more abberations than just unicorns?

But what if the Pope knows a lot more abberations than just unicorns?

Is that the answer to "what's the point?" Hehe sorry if I didn't get it. :D

I'm just curious what's the point of asking someone about a topic he doesn't believe in. Take note that we know the person doesn't believe in it. We are also aware that he knows other things (or aberrations). But we're not interested in those things that's why we didn't ask about them.

Is that the answer to "what's the point?" Hehe sorry if I didn't get it. :D

I'm just curious what's the point of asking someone about a topic he doesn't believe in. Take note that we know the person doesn't believe in it. We are also aware that he knows other things (or aberrations). But we're not interested in those things that's why we didn't ask about them.

But what if the Pope BELIEVES in those things?