#41 Wolf

Wolf

Compulsory Retiree

• (15) Extreme Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,139 posts
  • Interests:Really, I'm just a dawg.

Posted 01 August 2003 - 10:58 AM

they're the primary reason why I tried to learn how to play the guitar. B)

while my guitar gently weeps.....

#42 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:02 AM

More Beatle facts:

11.  The Beatle movies were: A Hard Days Night, Help, MAgical Mystery Tour, THe Yellow Submarine and Let It Be.

CHeers!

I fell asleep watching "Let It Be." It's a film record of the Beatles recording their last album together. What a boring movie. I preferred their earlier films. especially "Help" and "Yellow Submarine." However, I enjoyed "Let It Be" the album. Great stuff like "Across the Universe" and "Let It Be."

Well, its actually a documentary movie. And most documentary films have that effect. As such, LET IT BE was not really meant to be enjoyed but rather based for scrutiny on what they have to go through to make a record.

Also, for purposes of corrections...

"LET IT BE" was not the final album they recorded. Most people think that it is because it was the last album they released.

However, the album "ABBEY ROAD" was the last album recorded. But for some problems --again with their recording company-- Abbey Road was released earlier than LET IT BE. This meant that Let IT Be had to sit in the storage room and wait for legal problems to be settle first before it was cleared for release.

Abbey Road was the album that had the famous cover of all Four Beatles crossing the pedestrian lane. It also contained George Harrison's beautiful song ' SOMETHING".

The Beatles suffered so many legal problems in their time which resulted in John and PAul losing their publishing rights to many of the the songs they wrote. Prior to their breakup, Paul McArtney even sued the Beatles in court ---YES , SUED THE BEATLES----at the behest of his father in law---who was a big time lawyer.

That was the final straw that served to end the band.

To this day, Paul still wages a monster battle to get many of his songs back from Michael Jackson from outbid him in the auction put up by the law firm which owned some of the Beatles cataloge.

#43 kadafy

kadafy

and the frog is back...again!

• (12) Mega Poster
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:07 AM

tugtugan na 16 track...

"something in the way she moves
attracts me like no other lover
something in the way she woos me..."

#44 DELISYUS

DELISYUS

Pang-Baby Na Lang :p

• (10) Super Poster
  • 17,525 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:17 AM

lolz... pinakamalanding kinanta and parang mtv nila....

if i give my heart to you....
i must be sure from the very start that you....
will love me more than her...

:D

#45 Wolf

Wolf

Compulsory Retiree

• (15) Extreme Member
  • 26,139 posts
  • Interests:Really, I'm just a dawg.

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:22 AM

lolz... pinakamalanding kinanta and parang mtv nila....

if i give my heart to you....
i must be sure from the very start that you....
will love me more than her...

:D

uy kaya kong gitarahin yan! B)

#46 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:00 PM

tugtugan na 16 track...

"something in the way she moves
attracts me like no other lover
something in the way she woos me..."

kadafy:

I play lead guitar in a retro band---very similar to Spirit of 67. :lol: There were even times when we had to alternate with RJ's band on some events.

Pag dating na ng 60's portion of our routine, our song line up includes covers of songs by the Beatles, Dave Clark 5, the Monkeys, Chuck Berry, THe Rolling Stones and others.

I'm not that old but I grew up on the Beatles and I am a certified Beatles Fanatic.

The guys I play with are all children of the 60's and although mas bata ako sa kanila, we share the same passion for the music so they let me be their guitar player. I'm actually a 70's and 80's kinda guy!

George played a memorable guitar solo in "SOMETHING" and it was one of the first songs na plakado ko when I first started playing. There's is an unplugged version of SOMETHING that George Harrisson plays all by himself and this is quite haunting! Ang ganda ng version na yon together with WHile my guitar gently weeps.

These 2 versions can be found in the Beatles Anthology album.

:D Cheers!

#47 Guest_ONEknightSTAND_*

Guest_ONEknightSTAND_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:14 PM

Here there and everywhere...

#48 black_ice

black_ice

Charmer

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:16 PM

16track iba ka... pre pls keep on posting abt the Beatles....tnx

#49 UN0

UN0

MTC Call Boy

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:basketball, PS2, politics,....and ladies..older ladies..

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:38 PM

"all we need is love"

#50 Tyler

Tyler

PHAT

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:44 PM

The Beatles are the greatest.

#51 kadafy

kadafy

and the frog is back...again!

• (12) Mega Poster
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:52 PM

@16 track - exciting yun ah! sana marinig namin tirada mo nung unplugged version very soon... :D

#52 dog style

dog style

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 03:58 PM

ako po kasi... ever since...

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE EH

jai guru deva om
nothing's gonna change my world.....
:)

yep... across the universe!!!

#53 dog style

dog style

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 04:01 PM

"follow the sun" is also good

#54 vogharth

vogharth

Ahihihihihi

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts
  • Interests:Film, Basketball, Music

Posted 01 August 2003 - 04:06 PM

i have an mp3 collection of ALL beatles' songs :lol: :lol: :lol:

try nyo rin soundtrack ng i am sam

fool on the hill... blackbird... something... strawberry fields... dami e :)

#55 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 10:58 AM

Beatle FActs:

1. At age 15 years old, John Lennon had a band called the QuarryMen which later inluded Paul in the lineup. George was the youngest member at about 14 years old.

Later when the Beatles became famous, John jokingly said that the only reason he and Paul took George in the band was that George's mother allowed them to practice in the basement. :D

2. John Lennon was raised alone by his auntie. His mother left him in his auntie's care when John was still a little boy. Later on, his mother died in a road accident. John was more or less an orphan.

3. John Lennon was married first among the the Beatles. HIs first wife was named Christina whom he married at the height of their fame.

4. George Harrison married Patti Boyd-- a model-- after the Beatles broke up.
Eric Clapton fell in love with George's wife and he was caught up between his best friend and his love for his friend's wife. Later on, to air his grief, Clapton wrote the song " LAYLA".

George knew about it and later became best man when Eric married Patti.

#56 Guest_ONEknightSTAND_*

Guest_ONEknightSTAND_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2003 - 12:42 PM

MISPLACED POST.... This should be in Jolog One Liners... But Ill share it here first...

I asked a couple of teeny boppers about their thoughts on the "FAB 4"....

One said... "I dont like their songs... its in Taiwanese kasi..."

Another said... "Ayyyy... cute si (Chinese name I cannot remember or pronounce correctly)..."

Yet another said... "Ay hindi ko mainitindihan ang lyrics nila kasi intsik eh... pero cute nila noh?"

This teener took the cake... "Ay.. GANON???... I didnt know that F-4 means FAB 4..."

Nyeta naman oo... nabastos tuloy ang legends....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ANO NA ANG NANGYAYARI SA MGA KABATAAN NGAYON???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by ONEknightSTAND, 02 August 2003 - 12:45 PM.

#57 DELISYUS

DELISYUS

Pang-Baby Na Lang :p

• (10) Super Poster
  • 17,525 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:00 PM

actually.... even in London, a lot of teenagers don't appreciate or know the Beatles anymore....

except maybe, if they're musicians.... :)

#58 noox

noox

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:11 PM

i like "yesterday"

#59 dog style

dog style

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:18 AM

Have you heard Dave Matthew's rendition of Imagine and Norwegian Wood?

Galing!!!

#60 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:44 AM

Part of the magic of the Baatles was that their songs were both easy and hard to play--depending on which way you look at it.

A person just starting to play the guitar can learn how to play Beatle songs pretty quickly using simple chords in Jingle and other song magazines.

However, if you want to play the songs the same way they Beatles did on their records , then its a totally different story as the songs then become difficult to manage.

While the Beatles themselves were not skilled technical players like the 0thers in their time ( like Hendrix,Clapton, Page and Beck) , they were what is termed as "SONICAL ADVENTURERS". This means that they broke all the rules of standard music norms during the 60's simply because they were not aware of the rules! :lol: :D

The best example of this is the song "SHe Loves You (Yeah Yeah Yeah)" where the chorus came first before the verses. Before the Beatles, all the songs were in standard "Verse-verse--CHorus --Verse-Verse and then repeat.

With the Beatles, the song "SHe Loves you" was Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus. (ending with the CHorus.

They knew the standard chords but they also wanted to move beyond them so what they did was to move their fingers around the fretboard --from standard chordal notations-- experimenting with sounds and chords in order to come up with the sound that they heard in their heads. :D

This is why playing the songs in exactly the same they did would be a little harder than originally thought of.

Later on in their careers, the Beatles gradually moved away from playing live concerts and concentrated in doing albums with vast sonic experimentations. The best start for this change was in the album--"REVOLVER" which later on spawned the concepts and possibilities for the albums: Sgt. Peppers and the Lonely Hearts Club, The "White Album" and Abbey Road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users