Free Will

#42 Bugatti Veyron

Bugatti Veyron

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

I have always believed that pre-destination = God's will.

Free will = An individual's will which may not be in accordance with God's will.

#43 88namcv

88namcv

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

I think I have to go with pre-destination. Just within the past few years, I have experienced things that I didn't dream of, nor thought what will happen. Even with my career. It was the Lord who guides me and whom I will continually turn to for guidance.

#44 Julianda

Julianda

Omry feek antia

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2645 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

The two concepts (i.e. predestination and free will) had long been disputed over the years now.  Whether one is true over the other and vice versa is something that anyone has to fully understand especially if we talk about a perfect balance between predestination (by God) and free will (our own choices) for that matter. Yes, I take this as there is no contradiction between the two concepts. Though both are seemingly contradictory concepts,  they can be true simultaneously.  So it is wise to say that we are predestined to have free will, to do good things. (Ephesians 2:10) Our life is not an accident (Psalm 139:16)

Both Can Be True Logically

Logic  says a thing and its opposite cannot both be true (A and -A). The Bible says God predestined everything, and it never says He did not (A and -A). The Bible says people have free will, and it never says they do not (B and -A  ). Predestination is what God does (A). Free will is what man does ( B ). So there is no contradiction here. Putting these two together is simply an area where we do not have enough knowledge (see Deuteronomy 29:29). 

Related link

#45 Z

Z

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4209 posts
  • Interests:100% ROI (minimum)

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

If I may and in support of a number prior posts. God has given us free will thus we create our own destiny. It is also His will for us to prosper through His Son and with the help of the Holy Spirit. Now regardless of what choice we make, He has foreknowledge of the end result (i.e. our 'destiny'). Even if we choose to disobey Him doesn't mean He loves us any less, in fact, He always gives us ample opportunity to choose Him again. His will is for our best interest - we are after all made unto His image.

My 2 cents.

Clarification and correction. Our God given 'destiny' is our purpose in life. We may choose to embrace and accept it and be 'happy' or choose not to accept it which is the extent of our free will.

#46 romyg

romyg

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

Freewill.  But our choices are known already to Him even before we choose!  But He gives us that liberty to choose kaya may kasamang accountability!

#47 Mzice

Mzice

Sweet Escape

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

we are given free will so might as well use it wisely... we only lived once and after judgement na

#48 sotnase

sotnase

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

pre-destination what i believe

#49 Unwritten

Unwritten

Work In Progress

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1010 posts
  • Interests:The principle of beauty in all things, and if I have time I would make myself remembered. - JK

Things to fill the pages of the book of my life and make it a bestseller!

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:41 AM

Neither... life experiences has thought me not to hinge my hopes of redemption or salvation on such things. Everyone has their own beliefs and hopes and I respect that. I do not strive to be sinless or guiltless but  only to be a good human being to another person as best as a I could... Peace.

#50 cesare_borgia

cesare_borgia

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

both free will and pre-destination...schrodinger equation.

#51 blue+george

blue+george

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

we don't have either. 

if we sit down and do nothing, well, anything pre determined will never happen. one suicide then is gone. 

freewill as well. we have options but not everything is on the table. freewill means you can do what you want. try banging the car infront of you. try taking a bread from the bakeshop. try to step out of the office during working hours. 

resign and be free! correct, but that wont go far after you run out of cash. 

so neither... 

we live our lives with the options that open, that are available, that is possible for us. we cannot be all like bill gates or everyone becomes neil Armstrong or Michael Jordan. we live as what lines are possible to walk on...

our lives will be what we do today that hopefully transcends into the future. 

#52 Unwritten

Unwritten

Work In Progress

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 1010 posts
  • Interests:The principle of beauty in all things, and if I have time I would make myself remembered. - JK

Things to fill the pages of the book of my life and make it a bestseller!

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:27 AM

It's all about the choices we make or do not make that we live or die with.

#53 takatakboi

takatakboi

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1489 posts
  • Interests:jurdans

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:50 AM

Pre- Destination = Fake news 

Free Will = Not Fake news 

#54 Dash_Avalanche

Dash_Avalanche

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

Free will - God knows the future but somehow he restrict him self to take a peep for every individual... example? Abraham- he tested him if he would obey his command to sacrifice his son... but the major happenings he revealed via prophecy written in the bible and the soon return of the Lord Jesus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users