Rugby in the Philippines

Headroom

As a sports that combines more movements like running and jumping and screening, it can easily be taught to the Filipinos. Besides, for practices, it can be done only in some areas smaller than a soccer filed. So I'd favor this game over football if the Filipinos want some diversions from Basketball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It would be much better if they can start with some sort of grassroot training for future Rugby players

I'd bet the likes of Andrew Wolff and the rest of his Volcanoes can give Rugby a big boost in these shores (just as the Younghusbands did with local footie)

431573_10150621521938935_1143268585_n.jpg

Andrew (left) w/ Jon Avila (feel free to resize if too large)

its not for the mass

Rugby is for everyone. It doesn't matter what size you are as there are different positions to suit body type. The only thing you need is a ball and you can practise passing and running anywhere.

It's for men, women and children - either as a player or a spectator.

The Philippines Women's team just beat Laos on the weekend in full tackle game of rugby.

I'd bet the likes of Andrew Wolff and the rest of his Volcanoes can give Rugby a big boost in these shores (just as the Younghusbands did with local footie)

431573_10150621521938935_1143268585_n.jpg

Andrew (left) w/ Jon Avila (feel free to resize if too large)

Looks like a pic taken at the Manila 10's Rugby Tournament which has been running for 23 years in the Philippines.