Who Is The Best General?

Mahirap 'to. Depende kasi sa era ng warfare e.

Sa WW II warfare na lang muna ako hihirit. Yung Lt. na naging major at battalion commander ng 101st airborne sa Band of Brothers, si Richard Winters.

Tama ka diyan brad. Ako wala ako masyadong hilig sa mga gera na may baril na na involved. Swordplay is much better :P

Tactically, I would say Leonidas and Maximus with an equal amount of forces would be a joy to watch.

In a one on one match with no given preparation, I would say Achilles.

In a one on one match with a good amount of time for preparation, I would say Leonidas or Maximus.

One on One combat = Achilles. The man cannot be hurt, even if you did know his weak spot, you'd be dead before you even hit it.

General - Alexander the Great. the best field commander the world has ever known. Conquered most of the known world, if he had pushed through with India he could have cirled the globe and conquered all.

McCleod would get beat down by achilles with one hand tied behind his back.

and he's no good without his sword.

Conan would tear him apart.

---------

on that note, i change my answer from Achilles to Conan:

"Conan, what is best in life?"

"To defeat your enemies,

to see them driven before you,

and to hear the lamentations of their women"

I think it's Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower. Why? He was not a primadonna like McArthur and Field Marshall Montgomery (who trashed Rommel in Africa) but was able to hold together both of them to work well (one in Europe, the other one in Asia).

As a leader, not just a general, he has worked to get all the necessary resources to get the job done (unlike the smartasses in the Petagon right now), and manage a team of talented but dickheads like Monty, Patton and Charles De Gaulle.

And please let's not include Conan nor Aragorn and all those fictional characters. I could there them to shreds, literally, I could shred my DVDs and beta max tapes :P

And please let's not include Conan nor Aragorn and all those fictional characters. I could there them to shreds, literally, I could shred my DVDs and beta max tapes

uhmmmm this is the movie forum and not the history/academic forum

take your reality elsewhere

Edited by Larry

Leonidas - great in valor and leadership during his era...the 300 men he led is one small but very very skilled pack...the odds are against them but their composure is intact; good strategist thinking that a large number of men cannot pass that area w/o squeezing each other....good thinking agad yun !!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Maximus- revenge is best served cold... the very word itself....good strategist "unleash hell" :cool:

Aragorn- midieval valor against odds

Achilles - best one on one combat during his time; favored by the gods

Hector - one on one combat; best the trojans can generate, as what achilles mentione "he is the best warrior he has fought" - so coming from a good warrior a compliment that is trully worth it

William Wallace - well the name says it all "braveheart"