If you're looking for a good place to stay in Davao I personally recommend Linmarr Apartelle. The rooms are fairly big (2 floors, downstairs is the kitchen and upstairs is the bedroom and bathroom. They have a nice pool and it's a lot cheaper than Marco Polo.

I have no idea what Pinoys pay for that but I know for foreigners it's ridiculous to have to pay nearly $100 a night for Davao. :rolleyes:

Limarr Website

Single room unit: Php 1,800.00

Double room unit: Php 2,400.00

They discount that if you pay in cash and probably locals price is less.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I stayed at the Apo View, LinnMar and Elena at various times in August. The Apo View is getting more expensive--about 2800/night. The water pressure is terrible, showers are a trickle. The place is nice, but it seems like a coat of paint is needed. The Liquid Lounge reopened when I was there. One night there was a huge crowd of 20-somethings, other nights it was empty. It doen't have a bar where you can sit, I think it could use one. Went to the Jazz Bar (Blue Note, I think), accessible through an outside entrance to the right of the main entrance. Good atmosphere, and decent jazz-pop music. The Apo View is guest friendly, a visitor (or two) had no problem coming up.

• 3 weeks later...
chief, what's in store at circles? was billeted at marco polo about 2 weeks ago...got a big fat "zero" :angry: may convention daw mga doctor. naubos yata mga angels he he he :evil: thanks!!!

Circles is a few kilometers from Marco Polo, just ask the taxi to bring you there. It is a collection of ktvs and mps managed by different people. It is very convenient in that if you don't find the girls in one bar nice, you just move one door to another bar. I don't even remember the names anymore. I usually smoke outside and wait for the girls to come out and smoke and even bum cigarettes from me. At least you can see them under bright lights and then ask your prospects what time they get off from work and wait for them. If you don't want the hassle of registering the girl with security in Marco Polo, just bring her to the motel, cheap lang less than P300 for short time.

chief, what's in store at circles? was billeted at marco polo about 2 weeks ago...got a big fat "zero" :angry: may convention daw mga doctor. naubos yata mga angels he he he :evil: thanks!!!

Circles is a few kilometers from Marco Polo, just ask the taxi to bring you there. It is a collection of ktvs and mps managed by different people. It is very convenient in that if you don't find the girls in one bar nice, you just move one door to another bar. I don't even remember the names anymore. I usually smoke outside and wait for the girls to come out and smoke and even bum cigarettes from me. At least you can see them under bright lights and then ask your prospects what time they get off from work and wait for them. If you don't want the hassle of registering the girl with security in Marco Polo, just bring her to the motel, cheap lang less than P300 for short time.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Marco Polo Davao surely has massage but dont know if there is ES ... been there with my boss. He did avail of the room massage service thinking may ES. Medyo curious ako sa quality so inabanagan k tlaga ung attendant na pupunta sa room nya without him knowing. To my surprise, medyo matrona ang MP na umakyat. The next morning I was teasing him ... sabi ko kamusta ung nakuha mo. He answered "magaling mag massage" ...then gave him my naughty smile saying "Oo nga, nakita ko nga na Hot Mama ang pumasok"

peithe,

any idea how much the inhouse massage costs in marco polo? also, was the attendant wearing a uniform or naka civilian? dun palang kasi magkakaron ka na ng idea if may es or wala....i mean kasi that more often than not pagka naka uniform madalas legit yan and hj lang max na mapapagawa mo....pag naka civilian, galing sa labas yan and malamang all the way es.

Edited by mild seven

AFAIK, the in-house massage at Marco Polo is legit. However, the one who runs the massage at Marco Polo also handles the massage at Grand Regal Hotel, the former Mercure, and here the massage has ES. Pls be warned however that the masseuse from Regal tend to be matronic.