25 replies to this topic

#1 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:57 AM

Asia Spirit has a vacation package to Palau. Has anybody been there? Do we need a visa to visit th place? Any information would be appreciated.

#2 sixfooter

sixfooter

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:45 AM

Asia Spirit has a vacation package to Palau. Has anybody been there? Do we need a visa to visit th place? Any information would be appreciated.

just visited palau 2 weeks ago. the cheapest hotel is VIP Guest Hotel in Koror. $60 a night, other hotels range from $60 to $170. It is easier and cheaper to book a package tour.
Bars and KTV Bars are abundant in Koror but there are only 2 kinds of GRO. Filipinas and Mainland Chinese.

#3 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

just visited palau 2 weeks ago. the cheapest hotel is VIP Guest Hotel in Koror. $60 a night, other hotels range from $60 to $170. It is easier and cheaper to book a package tour.
Bars and KTV Bars are abundant in Koror but there are only 2 kinds of GRO. Filipinas and Mainland Chinese.

Bro,
Do I need a visa to get there? I would prefer a beachfront accomodation. How long is the flight from Manila? I heard a flight also leaves from Davao.

#4 pac27

pac27

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Don't know about the visa.
Great place to visit and relax.
Beaches are clean and the water is clear blue!
On of the highest rated dive locations in the world!

#5 e-swift

e-swift

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

If you are holding Filipino passport, you don't need a visa.

I agree, they have splendid beaches. The best I've been to so far.

But don't expect too much on the hotels. Even if the description is 5 star. Iba ang rating nila. Economy class lang ang mga accommodations nila.

#6 takume

takume

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:50 PM

bro

actuallyim here i palau now.my company who i use to work has chain of hotel here.maybe i cud help you
for some discount on it.just tell me when coz ill be on vacation jan sa pinas this coming month.

#7 burn4me

burn4me

***dragon rider***

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts
  • Interests:new and old friends

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

if anyone interested to go to Palau i'm selling my tickets half the price of Asian Spirit Fare..

Pm me

Tnx

Edited by burn4me, 27 September 2007 - 12:23 PM.

#8 abduljackolsalsalani

abduljackolsalsalani

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:45 AM

how much should ome prepare if he,s planning to go on 3-4 days stay?

#9 rapturousone

rapturousone

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

how much should ome prepare if he,s planning to go on 3-4 days stay?

i guess it depends on what you want to do. palau's provincial look gives the impression that things are cheap but reality bites when you start pulling out the dollars to pay for food, drinks, etc. i spent a week there on a diving package that included breakfasts (at the hotel) and lunches (courtesy of Sam's Tours), so i only had to purchase dinner and drinks separately. i think i got by on less than US$200 (on top of airfare and the diving package) for the entire week.

#10 bugoy101402

bugoy101402

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

got a friend and a former dorm mate before who lives in palau... the place i have seen is thrpugh their pictures only... nice group of islands... very prestine... and the people are very much like Filipinos... its like palawan oe hawaii....

#11 Guest_adonis827_*

Guest_adonis827_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

saan bang lugar ang palau

#12 exxdaz

exxdaz

Virgin

• (04) Casual
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:23 AM

saan bang lugar ang palau

Palau is 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Davao or 2 hours and 10 minutes from Manila.
Republic of Palau, mga 16,000 in population. May majestic looking na place AKA Rock Island.
Only place I know that you can swim with the jellyfish. Their stingers are dull.

Lots of Noypi, Palauans relies on our hospital and skilled brothers and sister.
Noypi works on hotels, restaurant, dive shops, stores, insurance, etc. Anything that requires hospitality
and skills they are there.

Variety of hotels, ranges from $40 to $200 per night. Girls on clubs are mostly Pinay and some Chinese.
Ofcouse our Pinay are so ever so beautiful. Unfortunately, here they are treated as 3rd class especially
on their line of work. They were hired as waitresses but ended up GRO or by me drinkee girls as they would
be called there.

Anyway, Palau is known for their dive spots. From personal experience, I think dive spots in Batangas, Bohol
Davao and Palawan are far more beautiful but then again I am nationalistic.

Edited by exxdaz, 20 January 2008 - 01:23 AM.

#13 Guest_adonis827_*

Guest_adonis827_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

^ thanks for the informative post dude!

#14 neKnock

neKnock

All-American Reject

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Interests:basketball, football, rock, Magic: The Gathering

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:01 PM

Filipinos are treated like that there? That sucks then. Maybe it's worth crossing off my personal list.

#15 HotSexyWitch

HotSexyWitch

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Mind-Blowing

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

Rock Islands of PalauPosted Image

#16 knoll1234

knoll1234

PiSSoFF ArtisT SouThPoler

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,503 posts
  • Interests:live and let live. I enjoy everything the world can give with a twist. I have the means . I hate cowards , losers and pretenders. I admire the ones who are sensible and consistently sharp.

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

The palau or belau, is nearby the federated states of yap, chuuk (truk), pohnpei, and kosrae, saipan these islands offer all kinds of sights and leisure better check beforehand and i would suggest island hopping if you got time and money

#17 mang kepweng

mang kepweng

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

I use to live in palau. Stay there for 2 years. Sarap ang buhay pag may pera ka. Spent almost close to $20,000.00. Slow and stress free ang life dun. For girls, dami naman magpapakabit sayo dun if you stay long enought to court them. May story pa nga na there was this old couple who eventually ended up together while working at palau for so long for which neither of their families knew na may relationship sila (though that it didnt really mattered kasi yung girl taga province and the guy was a manileno). One day, strangely enough, both of them received a phone call from their already grown up kids na requesting the mom to go back to their place sa province asap kasi may good news daw na gusto ishare and the guys son informing the guy that he will be getting married soon. Lo and behold na paguwi nila, mga anak nila pla ang magpapakasal to each other. Hahahaha.... What a predicament! Beat that!

#18 takume

takume

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

so guys who what to have some info about hotels here in palau just pm me.and let you know more about hotels here.i'm working here now and our company has chain of low rate hotels that quite good for accomodation for your stay.

#19 missvista

missvista

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

This place is interesting. Need to visit it soon! =)

#20 Mesmerizer

Mesmerizer

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Palau is 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Davao or 2 hours and 10 minutes from Manila.
Republic of Palau, mga 16,000 in population. May majestic looking na place AKA Rock Island.
Only place I know that you can swim with the jellyfish. Their stingers are dull.

Lots of Noypi, Palauans relies on our hospital and skilled brothers and sister.
Noypi works on hotels, restaurant, dive shops, stores, insurance, etc. Anything that requires hospitality
and skills they are there.

Variety of hotels, ranges from $40 to $200 per night. Girls on clubs are mostly Pinay and some Chinese.
Ofcouse our Pinay are so ever so beautiful. Unfortunately, here they are treated as 3rd class especially
on their line of work. They were hired as waitresses but ended up GRO or by me drinkee girls as they would
be called there.

Anyway, Palau is known for their dive spots. From personal experience, I think dive spots in Batangas, Bohol
Davao and Palawan are far more beautiful but then again I am nationalistic.

MakaPinoy ka but you are wrong on the diving. I have dived the best dive spots in the Philippines, including Bohol, Cebu and Tubattaha Reefs and have dived many dive spots in Palau. Palau is better and is a world class diving destination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users