• 2 years later...

For the first timer, must-sees in NYC include the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Times Square, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, Museum of Natural History, and Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan. Personally I like hanging out in Central Park in autumn when the leaves start changing into various colors. It's so peaceful sitting there you hardly notice there's a city full of cars and people just a couple of yards away from you.

I also like the hustle and bustle of Times Square and nearby Broadway where one can catch a show like Les Miserables, Lion King, etc.

The Empire State Building provides the most magnificent aerial view of Manhattan, now that the World Trade Twin Towers are no longer there.

Over all, NYC is the USA's most famous city. But it must be said that NYC is not the United States just as Metro Manila is not the Philippines.

• Like (+1) 3

For the first timer, must-sees in NYC include the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Times Square, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, Museum of Natural History, and Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan. Personally I like hanging out in Central Park in autumn when the leaves start changing into various colors. It's so peaceful sitting there you hardly notice there's a city full of cars and people just a couple of yards away from you.

I also like the hustle and bustle of Times Square and nearby Broadway where one can catch a show like Les Miserables, Lion King, etc.

The Empire State Building provides the most magnificent aerial view of Manhattan, now that the World Trade Twin Towers are no longer there.

Over all, NYC is the USA's most famous city. But it must be said that NYC is not the United States just as Metro Manila is not the Philippines.

New York is one of my all time favorite cities in the world. I love walking along vibrant Times Square and enjoy the tranquility of Central Park. The best of both worlds. The Broadway shows are fabulous and there's an energy inside the city that you won't feel in a small town like Woodbridge in New Jersey. There's nothing like the big city.

• 1 month later...

don't forget the Met Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, and the World Trade Center site.

there is so much to see that it'd probably be a good idea to take a double-decker bus tour that'll allow you to see the sights from above street level (manhattan has a lot of art deco buildings that are gorgeous from higher up). the bus tour also allows you to get a better grasp of places that you might want to visit on your own depending on what your interests are.

• Like (+1) 2

[/size]

don't forget the Met Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, and the World Trade Center site.

there is so much to see that it'd probably be a good idea to take a double-decker bus tour that'll allow you to see the sights from above street level (manhattan has a lot of art deco buildings that are gorgeous from higher up). the bus tour also allows you to get a better grasp of places that you might want to visit on your own depending on what your interests are.

Yes, indeed New York City has a lot to offer in terms of culture, history, art, sports (Madison Square Garden is located in NYC), shows, etc. The double decker NYC Hop-On Hop-Off bus will give you better vantage point from which to see the city.

Yes, indeed New York City has a lot to offer in terms of culture, history, art, sports (Madison Square Garden is located in NYC), shows, etc. The double decker NYC Hop-On Hop-Off bus will give you better vantage point from which to see the city.

Times Square for me is the very heart of NYC. All the bright neon lights, all the people, nearby Broadway, street performers, street artists, restaurants, delicatessens, shops, etc. make this part of NYC the center of the city.

• 2 years later...

If you want to go to ellis island it is much cheaper to go take it on jersey side, much cheaper, and lines are much shorter. There is a ferry to go to jersey.go get a night cruise going to lady liberty and it will blow your mind off. there is a mandatory gratuity tip 15% if you eat somewhere downtown along broadway and nearby stalls. I suggest to eat along 5th ave. and 37th street going up. there is a good korean food strip along 36th ave. and 5th ave.before you go down to broadway. Check out groupon site to get good deals along nyc. Broadway is a must see. 5th ave for high end shopping. but for shopping I suggest you do it with premium outlets. there is one at woodbury commons on highway 87 north and exit 16. Go visit a nyc museum, never pay for the actual price!!!! just give them a quarter and say that you would like to have a donation, and they wont ask anything more :D .

Edited by nuttymags

Rent a Hotel in downtown Manhattan, this way you can walk and have a feel for the place. Cost is a little steep like $200.00 per day.
Study the subway system, and then you can organize how best to get to those places you want to see.
A broadway show matinee e.g. like Lion king might set you back $150.
Good luck.

go to queens along philam store there a lot of advertisers and rooms for rent, along the store. philam store is located at 69th and jackson ave. you can use train no. 7. mostly pinoys.

nag tanong na ako babae dalas kinukuha nila..ayaw sa lalaki..far rockaway baka meron dito nag pa rent ng room..sino me alam

Edited by suadee

got tired of city moved out. now at north of nyc. around 45 min. Stayed also at farrockaway for a year then upper east then bronx.

bro meron ka alam room 4 rent jan sa bronx yung accessible sa train.sana yung area na di marami loko lalo na kong gabi

sige update kita. area to avoid is southbronx. 2 times nila binasag car window ko, since then i always use carpark whenever i work there. pero i suggest pelham bay. mostly italian people, and still controlled by mafi's , kaya hindi mapenetrate ng mga itim and latino. this is train no. 6. pm kita kung meron. there is a small filipino group there. ill ask.

Edited by nuttymags

sige update kita. area to avoid is southbronx. 2 times nila binasag car window ko, since then i always use carpark whenever i work there. pero i suggest pelham bay. mostly italian people, and still controlled by mafi's , kaya hindi mapenetrate ng mga itim and latino. this is train no. 6. pm kita kung meron. there is a small filipino group there. ill ask.

dun sa 4 train kingsbridge rd at fordham rd safe ba dun? tumingin kc ako ng room dun mga tga dominican rep. yung area me mga black din pero di ko alam kong safe dun sa gabi?..madami pa naman nursing home dun.ok kc sa bronx mura rent.cge bro update mo ko