COMPREHENSIVE GENERAL LIABILITY protects the insured against legal liability for Property Damage or Bodily Injury arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of the premises and all the operations which are necessary or incidental to the business.

Usually covers the following hazards:

1. Premises operations

2. Elevators/Escalators

3. Independent Contractors

4. Product Liability

5. Completed Operations

The coverage may be extended to include:

Employer's Liability Insurance

>protects the insured from legal liability to pay damages because of bodily injury by accident or disease, including death of an employee of the insured arising out of and in the course of employment.

Automobile Liability Insurance

>protects the insured from legal liability to pay damages because of bodily injury or property damage to thrid party caused by an occurrence and arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use, including loading and unloading, of any automobile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ONE TIME $ INVESTMENT LINKED INSURANCE PLAN

Initial Invesment/Premium: $2000

Additional(anytime): $500

Program: Variable Life Insurance

Description: Investment with insurance coverage

Benefits: Living(Account Value or investment portion) and Death benefit(life insurance portion)

INVESTMENT(Account Value)

Performance/Yield since AS OF YEAREND 2005 since inception in July '05

Dollar Bond Fund 13%

Global Bond 6%

INSURANCE

The death benefit is the higher of the Account Value or minimum death benefit. Death Benefit is computed:

1.125% of single premium, plus

2. 125% of additional subsequent investment, less

3. 125% of each partial withdrawal

PLS PM ME IF YOU WANT FREE APPOINTMENT. I appreciate discussing all of these in person. Non-commital.Thank you.

what kind of insurance plan do you have. if you have missed a premium or payment, you still have time to save your plan. this is also called grace period. this varies but the usual grace period is 30-60 days from due date.

xcaliber,

Remember also to check your policy for default options. A good agent would have had you take the automatic premium payment if you have a participating policy. If you miss a payment, the insurance company will make it on your behalf using your accumulated dividends, assuming of course that you already have accumulated dividends. If you have no more dividends because they were used up to pay premiums (assuming that the policy has been in force for a number of years), there's the automatic premium loan option if your policy already has cash value. The real problem occurs when you miss a payment beyond the grace period and your policy lapses before you've accumulated dividends or cash value...or when the policy is still contestable. When that happens and you reinstate your policy, you begin from Year 0.

Guest wackeen
paano kung di mo binayaran ung monthly mo sa insurance. i penalized ka ba nila nyan? pede mo bang i claim ung nabayaran mo na before?

unang-una, may grace period ka that gives you extra time to make payments. But honestly, kung nag-monthly mode ka ginawa mo yun dahil gusto mong maliit ang payment mo. You should be able to make the payments regularly kasi magaan sila.

ano ginagawa ng meralco ko pag di ka nagbayad? disconnection di ba? same thing sa insurance, if you dont pay your coverage stops and you are no longer protected. however you can reinstate your policy and reactivate your coverage. of course, you have to pay the back premiums plus surcharges.

basically hindi mo puedeng i-claim ang nabayaran mo na. there is a cash value but this is only a fraction of what you paid, and companies follow government guidelines (nasa insurance code) on how much this should be. may bawas na yun dahil:

1) may nagastos na ang company by issuing your policy. in fact kadalasan abonado pa nga ang company dahil sa mga taxes, commissions, at ang reserve.

2) may na-enjoy ka nang protection habang inforce pa yung plano mo. hihingi ka ba ng refund sa botica para sa vitamins na ininom mo ng isang buwan, dahil hindi ka naman nagkasakit? Or ipaparefund mo ba ang payong na binili mo just because hindi pala umulan?

remember that when you compare how much you pay to how much protection you get ang layo.. and to be able to assume that risk the company has to protect the funds contributed.. and this includes being a bit strict on those who will stop paying, if only for the good of those who will continue.

is there an insurance for people with no beneficiary? i'm looking for a hospitalization  and disability insurance only..

something to keep me alive when i cannot work anymore..  but i don't need to have a beneficiary..

Yes, there are. The hospitalization thing is a bit tricky, though. For instance, when my father suffered a stroke, we couldn't use his hospitalization insurance because it provided for injuries caused exclusively by accidents. If you do take out a hospitalization policy, be very clear if it covers only hospitalization from accidents. You might want to insist on coverage for sickness. This will probably require a medical examination unless your agent has a high coverage limit.

I also used to have what was called an "income continuance plan" whereby you receive monthly or lumpsum benefits in case you're disabled and unable to work. I got it when there was still a Citytrust bank. It was continued for many years under BPI...then stopped. The sudden stop was actually a violation of the policy, but I just grew tired of the runaround I was getting from BPI.

The downside to such plans is that there's usually no cash value provision. There's no surrender value. The upside is that some plans will give your money back if nothing happens to you during the plan's term.

Uy, OK pala ito ha? Sama ko na din yung insurance products na ino-offer ng GSIS. Eto iyong non-life insurance namin. Kaso this is limited lang sa mga GSIS members and their dependents. Sayang nga kasi gusto naming icover pati non-members, kaso ayaw kaming payagan ng Insurance Commission. Masyado kasing mura products namin.

Anyway, for our enhanced non life, meron kaming Motor Vehicle (comprehensive), Fire Insurance/Personal Accident, Property Floater, Marine and Aviation, Bonds, etc.

Sample lang, sa motor vehicle. Kadalasan yung comprehensive sa P650K worth na brand new na sasakyan ranges from P25,000 to P30,000.

Sa GSIS, it's as low as 1.6 percent ng value nung sasakyan. So for the same type of vehicle, you pay only P10,400. So easily, for the same insurance cover, makakatipid ka ng about P19,000. DI na masama di ba?

Kaya kung GSIS member ka, or asawa, anak, or magulang ka ng member, go to any GSIS offices to get this, or call GSIS General Insurance at 891-6352.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

ONE TIME $ INVESTMENT LINKED INSURANCE PLAN

Initial Invesment/Premium: $2000

Additional(anytime): $500

Program: Variable Life Insurance

Description: Investment with insurance coverage

Benefits: Living(Account Value or investment portion) and Death

benefit(life insurance portion)

INVESTMENT(Account Value)

Performance/Yield since AS OF YEAREND 2005 since inception in July '05

Dollar Bond Fund 12%

Global Bond 6%

INSURANCE

The death benefit is the higher of the Account Value or minimum death

benefit. Death Benefit is computed:

1.125% of single premium, plus

2. 125% of additional subsequent investment, less

3. 125% of each partial withdrawal

As of February the net yield is 14.78% for the Dollar Bond Fund and 6.94%

for the Global Bond Fund. The returns are NON-GUARANTEED but based on

historical performance, the funds have been performing way over the

projections. You can just imagine how much is the return on a full year!

Not only this, the gains on the capital are tax free and there is no

holding period like time deposits or trust funds.

If anyone is interested kindly PM me. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
actually i dont know kse im out of the country, this was just offered to me, yah i think its from the financials part of sun life.

seems wala kumuha dito or gusto mag explain.

kahit pm nyo ako thanks

i personally find these endowment plans to be very expensive.  If you want to be insured the rule is "buy term and invest the rest"

If you do so you will be more liquid and you will have more money.  Pretty good combination eh?

I agree with parbuster, endowment plans are usually very expensive but it all depends on what you want. Another way of doing this is opening a trust account with provisions for beneficiaries, and you get to control where the investments go. Insurance is just another form of investing and it has a specific purpose, which for me is having instant cash for beneficiaries when the insured passes away (as you know, the heirs will be saddled with a number of expenses). For getting the most out of your money, investing in other outlets will be your answer.

dr pepper. . .

thanks for explaining further , the thing is im just new in investing and i dont have much clear sight of i want kse i dont know much to start with. its like buying a car you started only wanting basta fast, cool looks, good car but as you go along you begin to understand the engine, the dynamics the twist and turns of evolving your car. same as here, can you help me out ??

thanks . . . to those who reply thanks i really appreciate this

dr pepper. . .

thanks for explaining further , the thing is im just new in investing and i dont have much clear sight of i want kse i dont know much to start with. its like buying a car you started only wanting basta fast, cool looks, good car but as you go along you begin to understand the engine, the dynamics the twist and turns of evolving your car. same as here, can you help me out ??

thanks . . .  to those who reply thanks i really appreciate this

I have a powerpoint presentation on something I used to lecture. It's called "Investments 101". Give me your email addy and I will send it to you. It is a bit skewed towards UITFs but at least you know.