159 replies to this topic

#21 alb3ar

alb3ar

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:46 PM

Kung home pc, maaring masira nga agad. Lahat naman dadaan sa normal wear and tear. Even yung mga nasa controlled environment. Yun nga lang mas mabilis ang deteriration ng mga pc's na minemaintain sa bahay kesa sa mga nasa opisina.

Better to savor it while it lasts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...set up powersaver mode for monitor and hard disk

... close websites that are loading things like ads as they will intermittently load things which in turn may cause the hard disk to spin thereby negate the powersaver mode.

... LCD monitor probably draws less power than a standard monitor.

#22 alb3ar

alb3ar

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:00 PM

ano kaya mas tipid?...magdamag nakabukas ang pc dahil may dinadownload using 256kbps? or kahit hindi magdamag...pero ang connection naman ay 1mbps?..watcha think people?....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends on the size of your downloads and how often you download... and the cost of electric bill vs. cost of internet access cost. Unless you are a "dl wh0re" who will have a definite need for speed a 256kbps connection is good enough for most uses. Just make sure that the upload speed is also fast enough otherwise it will affect things like when you do online gaming or video chats.

Eg. Destinut Kibol which has 512 dl but the ul speeds that I get rarely go over 100kbps. :thumbsdownsmiley:

As for me, am already using a 1Mbps dl access speed... as my choices were either that or dial up. The laptop sometimes stays on for 2 days straight so I can't say that the connection saves me any.. :)

#23 dedbol

dedbol

ded man still walkin

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:08 PM

-you should turn the monitor off to save a LOT of power.
-take off the side panels of your unit but make sure no rats or ants will go in to chew the wires.
-install a casing fan
-don't overclock
-avoid putting useless cards inside that crowd the space and limit airflow
-tie the wires and cables properly to get optimum airflow
-check that the pc is not on fire at least once a day.

#24 alb3ar

alb3ar

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:40 PM

I also read in the extremetech threads... that those ramchips with heat spreaders don't really do any benefit although there was one modder who had 80mm fans set up to suck the air from his RAM. Maybe in his case the heat spreaders have a benefit but how many of us will mod-savvy enough to do something similar? ;)

#25 homy

homy

MasterPimpHomerFlex

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:25 AM

depende sa pc! kung overheating pc mo at ang location is humid never leave it open suggest ko wag nalang. kung cool naman ang temperature niya at ang location is cool din ok lang yun. kasi ang on and off malakas din makasira ng parts.

#26 homy

homy

MasterPimpHomerFlex

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

depende sa pc! kung overheating pc mo at ang location is humid never leave it open suggest ko wag nalang. kung cool naman ang temperature niya at ang location is cool din ok lang yun. kasi ang on and off malakas din makasira ng parts.

#27 homy

homy

MasterPimpHomerFlex

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

#28 xycho_g

xycho_g

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

Depends on the size of your downloads and how often you download... and the cost of electric bill vs. cost of internet access cost.  Unless you are a "dl wh0re"  who will have a definite need for speed a 256kbps connection is good enough for most uses.  Just make sure that the upload speed is also fast enough otherwise it will affect things like when you do online gaming or video chats.

Eg. Destinut Kibol which has 512 dl but the ul speeds that I get rarely go over 100kbps.  :thumbsdownsmiley:

As for me, am already using a 1Mbps dl access speed... as my choices were either that or dial up. The  laptop sometimes stays on for 2 days straight so I can't say that the connection saves me any.. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a ok...maybe ill stick to this connection...im still turning it off nmn from time to time...atleast 7 hrs a day...

-you should turn the monitor off to save a LOT of power.
-take off the side panels of your unit but make sure no rats or ants will go in to chew the wires.
-install a casing fan
-don't overclock
-avoid putting useless cards inside that crowd the space and limit airflow
-tie the wires and cables properly to get optimum airflow
-check that the pc is not on fire at least once a day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you mean by the pc is not on fire?....is this just a joke, figure of speech or what?...haha...

#29 JUPITER

JUPITER

Super Blessed AAA+ Laptop and Gadgets Importer & Dealer!

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:TPC Moderator | General Contractor | Designer | Laptop and Gadgets Importer and Dealer and more :) <br /><br /><br />Provider of: <br />• Apple Mac • Alienware • BFG Tech • Canon • DELL • HP Compaq • Klipsch • Logitech • Moleskine • Nikon • Pivot • Saitek • Sony • Toshiba •<br /><br /><br /><br />__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________<br /><br /> | YM: jupiter_mtc | GMail: Philippmac

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:09 PM

If your PC is like this I'm selling, ok lang 24/7 operation. hehehe.

Posted Image

#30 kitchie_nadal

kitchie_nadal

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:02 PM

For fans to work longer and woth minimal noise, put one drop of oil sa motor. Pede mo gamitin yung singer sewing machine oil.

Just one drop and youll see a big diffrence.

#31 err_gene22

err_gene22

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:14 PM

Di ba hahakot ng alikabok yun?

For fans to work longer and woth minimal noise, put one drop of oil sa motor. Pede mo gamitin yung singer sewing machine oil.

Just one drop and youll see a big diffrence.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#32 Kurtsky Keigee

Kurtsky Keigee

Kid at Heart

• (01) Lurker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,407 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

diba pag more than 12 hours naka on prone to overheta dilikado
unlike sa environment ng pc ko , naka off aircon during the day

#33 cbg0326

cbg0326

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:34 PM

na try ko na yan 2 weeks diretso... ang nasira psu... bakit naman kc naimbento yang torrent na yan nkkadict mag dl...

#34 papable

papable

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:26 PM

I turn it off everynight before hitting the sack. Dapat magtipid

#35 averno

averno

Fallen Malakim

• (05) Regular
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:01 AM

just be sure to give enuff ventilation dude as said before...

#36 the0mouth

the0mouth

niceNslow

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:woman! hot mamas! sexy ladies! gorgeous girls! sex!!!

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:44 AM

meron akong pentium 4 na pc na 3 years old na, ang nasira lang in the span of 3 years is yung motherboard(intel 865) nya. then pinalitan ko ng gigabyte(875) na mobo and for 1 1/2 year na, working good pa rin. then i have the second pc which is amd athlon 64, branded lahat ng parts but wala ng ibang add-ons, graphics card lang, ram, hard disk and dvd-rom. restart lang ang patayan ng pc ko esp. yung amd or kung mapuputulan ako ng connection if i fail to pay the bill.
suggestion ko lang is have a proper ventilation ng pc as what everyone is tellin and clean mo yung loob ng pc mo every 3 months, ganun kasi ginagawa ko eh.

Edited by the0mouth, 20 January 2006 - 05:44 AM.

#37 xycho_g

xycho_g

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:24 AM

i turn it off kpg wala ako sa bahay pero kapag nasa bahay...open sya kahit tulog...atleast may bantay....cleaning is good once in a while...

#38 gr82d8

gr82d8

pessimist + introvert is not equal to pervert

• (05) Regular
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Ultima Online, Fallout and other RPGs, computer hardware, reading books, watching movies, eating, sleeping, giving and receiving a massage.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:58 PM

Malaking bagay ang power supply, nung generic pa yung psu ko kailangan i shutdown for at least an hour yung pc or else nag hahang. Nung nag palit na ako to enermax na psu yung comp ko 24/7 for two years, reboot lang every sunday morning.

#39 wildnutzz

wildnutzz

MTC's Naughty Principal

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,484 posts
  • Interests:Coffee, Small-talks, Meeting new people...

...You're right, I'm bluffing! Talk to me if you really want to know me.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

eto saken... look! :boo: hindi ko pa din pinapatay! :lol:

Attached File  conn_time.JPG   27.74KB   0 downloads

#40 redline

redline

fafarazzi

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Arts, Tech, Custom, GIRLS!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:36 AM

If your PC is like this I'm selling, ok lang 24/7 operation. hehehe.

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

quotations pls.. paki pm nlng

its been a year na ginagamit ko tong unit ko full time pinapatay lang to pag mag rereformat ako ala naman problema.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users