New York Knickerbockers

I like Jared Jeffries a lot as a player. So frontline medyo okay na - Jeffries, Frye, Curry (kung tumino), David Lee.

Backcourt magulo pa rin.

You know a combo of Curry, Q Rich and Francis and/or Crawford might just be enough to lure a certain guy from Minny over. Then your frontcourt would be more than ok.

Save your reputation, Zeke.

i hope somebody brings back the old knicks... the blue collar defense style play.. the days of old with oakley, ewing and charles smith.. haha... oh well with the mess Isaiah made.. it will be years before they have enough cap room to move around...

anybody who read that article saying that Isaiah should be named executive of the decade? he single-handedly made almost every team in the league better because of his moves in New York... :boo:

I still can't see the logic of getting Steve Francis when they have Marbury already...both are great scoring guards but I don't see them co-existing side by side...maybe they could trade one for a quality big man which they sorely miss.

may nabasa akong article nito sa espn... parang he sees marbury-francis as a dumars-thomas tandem of the old detroit pistons...

i used to like this team when they still had ewing, houston, camby, spreewell, childs and LJ

me too... i even rooted for them to win the nba championship before (being 8th seeded team in the eastern conference playoffs to reach the nba finals)... di ko na matandaan kung sino kalaban nila nung time na yun.. was it houston rockets or san antinio spurs?

may nabasa akong article nito sa espn... parang he sees marbury-francis as a dumars-thomas tandem of the old detroit pistons...

Well, tons of good luck to them...marbury and francis can never be like dumars and thomas...ibang iba when it comes to work ethic and unselfishness...yes, both may have great skills and leadership qualities but they're better off on separate teams.

Pasali sa diskusyon. Pareng KK, saw your name as the topic starter, kaya nakisali na rin. Dami kasing akong napupulot sayo,eh. Hope you don't mind. :P

Not really a NY fan, more a Riley fan, as KK knows. But as a fan of NBA basketball, its also interesting to observe the player movements, the team chemistry and the management decisions that NBA owners and executives make. And, make no mistake, NY has made a lot of very intriguing player decisions in the history of the league.

When they got Thomas to be GM, I already had misgivings. First of all, he didn't do too well at Toronto. In Indiana, as a coach, he barely managed to lead the Pacers to the playoffs, as opposed to Bird's record, when the Pacers was able to reach the finals. When Bird came back to head Indiana's management team, Isiah got booted out, again. Seems there was animosity between Larry and Isiah, dating back to their playing days. If you remember, there was even a stink raised in the selection of the Dream Team when Thomas was left out, because Jordan supposedly gave him the thumbs down. With all these goings-on, one wonders what kind of person Thomas is.

When he started in NY, he sort of energized the team when he was able to get Marbury. Then, if I remember correctly, when he shipped out the two Thomases, Kurt and Tim, and bought out Houston's contract, the feeling was Thomas would be able to bring back the glory days of the franchise. And then there was the Brown contract. :wacko:

It would be interesting to see how Isiah fares with his current crop. I marvel at his fighting spirit. Just before the Jared Jeffries offer, he was even saying that he didn't see a need to make any major changes in his roster.

I'm really hoping that a major trade happens, and allow him to unload some of his overpaid superstars, either Francis or Marbury. Jalen Rose is no longer a viable commodity. Well, marami pang pwedeng mangyari. :)

Well, tons of good luck to them...marbury and francis can never be like dumars and thomas...ibang iba when it comes to work ethic and unselfishness...yes, both may have great skills and leadership qualities but they're better off on separate teams.

I second the motion. Neither Marbury nor Francis show the heart to play through injury, and still play hardnosed basketball. Oh, one more thing Dumars and Thomas did that Francis/Marbury don't...PLAY DEFENSE.

...i even rooted for them to win the nba championship before (being 8th seeded team in the eastern conference playoffs to reach the nba finals)... di ko na matandaan kung sino kalaban nila nung time na yun.. was it houston rockets or san antinio spurs?

Pareng addic2sx, when the 8th seed Knicks went on to play in the NBA Finals, their opponent was San Antonio. This was, I think, the first championship won by the Spurs, spearheaded by their own version of the twin towers, Duncan and David Robinson. Houston and NY met in the finals during the Riley era, where the Rockets went on to win the first of its two back-to-back championships. Incidentally, the 2nd finals opponent of the Rockets were the Orlando Magic, headed by the young Shaquille O'neal.

Going back to NY, it would seem that for some guys, all is not so gloomy. Below is a statement made by Steve Alexander, who writes articles concerning NBA fantasy teams. He said that the Knick's "... starting five of Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Jeffries, Channing Frye and Curry is better, at least on paper, than a lot of teams in the league." I believe he has a good point.

Malay natin, if the first five play well, then the supporting cast may just provide enough spark off the bench to surprise a lot of teams, and pull off a win, di ba?

• 1 month later...

Here's something new for Knicks fans:

Veteran power forward Maurice Taylor will fly from his home in Houston to New York today but realizes his stay may be very brief. Taylor said he and his reps have discussed a buyout the past two weeks and it could be done before Monday's training camp. "I'm hoping to get something done quick," Taylor told The Post. "[The Knicks] don't have any plans for me. They thought a buyout would be good for me too. It's 50-50." Taylor's expiring contract has $9 million left and is expiring, meaning he's a definite trade pawn at the deadline.

Posted September 27, by Ben Maller

Actually, I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing for the Knicks. I think Mo Taylor has been an underachiever throughout his career and has yet to find a team that would bring out the best in his game. Sayang, ang laki pa naman nung mama. <_<

Here's something new for Knicks fans:

Veteran power forward Maurice Taylor will fly from his home in Houston to New York today but realizes his stay may be very brief. Taylor said he and his reps have discussed a buyout the past two weeks and it could be done before Monday's training camp. "I'm hoping to get something done quick," Taylor told The Post. "[The Knicks] don't have any plans for me. They thought a buyout would be good for me too. It's 50-50." Taylor's expiring contract has $9 million left and is expiring, meaning he's a definite trade pawn at the deadline.

Posted September 27, by Ben Maller

Actually, I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing for the Knicks. I think Mo Taylor has been an underachiever throughout his career and has yet to find a team that would bring out the best in his game. Sayang, ang laki pa naman nung mama. <_<

9 million per year si taylor?

ok an yan

start unloading overpaid underachieveing players

nangangatog na si thomas ngayon

bwahaha

• 3 months later...