Dissecting The Successful Bar/club Concept

one thing i've noticed when perusing the central bbq boy menu...

most on the items are less than 100 bucks.

malaking factor kaya yun?

depende po siguro sa target crowd mo, saka sa location. Pag maraming mayaman sa lugar mo kahit 300 pa yan basta masarap at maganda experience papatok yan.

Pero kung malapit sa mga offices, siguro mas patok ung abot kayang halaga at mga barkada packages

may parking. para sakin anlaki ng effect nito sa accessibility. kasi kung mahirap magpark, mapipilitan kang magcommute. hassle. haha.

malinis yung lugar

may malinis na CR (kasi lagi kang mag CCR kung umiinom eh)

masarap yung food and/or mura yung drinks (or just the right price)

efficient yung nagseserve

pwede namang hindi ganun kamura yung binebenta kasi ang mga pinoy nakaka-afford naman na ngayong gumastos. may mga bars naman na nagsserve ng imported drinks pero napupuno pa rin. pero nababawi nila sa presentation nung lugar.

• Outstanding customer services – the goal is be the place “where everyone knows your name”. All team members are hand selected and love what they what do. Pamper your guests

Customer Satisfaction – By providing a quiet and relaxed environment, where friends can meet and unwind and relax.

Provide a vast offering of specialty beer and wine offerings – catering to the public’s increased requirement for variety and sophistication in alcoholic beverages. You should offer variety and/or uniqueness plus the commons

Competitive pricing and Quality of food - reasonable prices at quality offerings

Edited by artedpro

I've owned and run many places. We basically stick to the tenant that 'we only get one chance to make a good first impression'. To do that we try to do the following:

1. Service. Get good staff and pay them well. They are our interface to our customers. We can make mistakes in so many ways, but when you have quality service staff, things are a lot easier to smooth out.

2. Ambiance. Proper air conditioning, cozy lighting, ventilation, music at the right level, good decorations, etc.

3. Clean CRs. Very few things say: "We Care about Customers" more than a clean CR.

4. Pricing. While our prices are a bit higher than our competitors, we have tons of 'specials' that demonstrate the difference between price and cost. If you're there for 1 or 2 drinks, your cost will be higher than if you went next door. However, we have a P350 'All you can drink for 3 hour program'. It is good in all of our places, so your're not stuck in one spot. We also have a 'Drink Passport' where, after you buy 10 drinks in any of our places, your next drink is free and all of your drinks for 1 night are 50% off. Then there are happy hours, contests and other special events.

5. We train our staff to remember that we don't pay their salaries - The customer does.

6. Know your customers. Try to remember names, what they like to drink, implement VIP programs, frequent 'drinks on the house', etc. Make sure they know the managers and the owner. If there's a problem (and they do happen), they should have direct access to the top.

The above has worked very well for us - and a lot of other places I don't own but frequent.

Edited by Subic
  • Like (+1) 2

I agree that one of the deal breakers are the beer prices. Especially kung group kayo pupunta. Imagine 100+ for a beer?

Siguro ideal price for me is below 100 pesos. Perhaps 75 - 100 ganun.

Pero mas OK kung in the long run, mas makakamura per bucket. Gerry's is offering 350 for 7 bottles. There's a watering hole at prism plaza that offers 270 for 5 bottles, although they're offering 80* per bottle.

masarap na pulutan/ food.

i go to frankies for their great chicken wings.

i go to dencios for their crispy isaw sisig.

yung beer secondary na lang sa orders. hahaha.:)

pwede ka rin mag-offer ng hard drinks. personally, i prefer the hard drinks. hahaha.

malamang marami ka nang nascout na lugar. sa unting napuntahan ko, these i liked.

https://www.zomato.com/manila/the-distillery-libis-quezon-city

https://www.zomato.com/manila/reserve-liquor-lounge-ugong-pasig-city

https://www.zomato.com/frankieswings

and Dencios.:))

First is to know what your target market is. The middle class ba? The BPO crowd? The Draft-crowd?

Panindigan mo yung target market mo kasi "the crowd" factors in when people are picking a bar. You can't expect the sosy crowd to hang out in a middle class crowd and so on. Pansin ko the bars who fail are those in the "gray area" ex. masyadong mahal for the middle class, masyadong masa for the sosy crowd.

Second is to research how much your crowd is willing to spend on a particular drinking session. May spending threshold lang ang tao. ex. BPO crowd usually spends 300-400 I think.

Third is, offer good food. All bars are serving the same beer which taste the same. Nagkakatalo lang talaga ang bars sa price at food.

Fourth, don't skimp on air conditioning. This is the second deal breaker after expensive beer. Pag pasok mo pa lang mainit na, labas agad yung customer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

• Outstanding customer services the goal is be the place where everyone knows your name. All team members are hand selected and love what they what do. Pamper your guests
  • Customer Satisfaction By providing a quiet and relaxed environment, where friends can meet and unwind and relax.
  • Provide a vast offering of specialty beer and wine offerings catering to the publics increased requirement for variety and sophistication in alcoholic beverages. You should offer variety and/or uniqueness plus the commons
  • Competitive pricing and Quality of food - reasonable prices at quality offerings

Agree

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...