So where do you hangout?

Friday night, end of a very hard week, so where do you go out for your beer fix?

How about we get a list going here on MTC on the favorite hangouts of members? I think that will serve as a good guide for fellow members who sometimes find themselves on the other side of town. Recon can be fun, but sometimes you just don't have the time nor do you want to exert the effort in trying to find that perfect spot for you.

Let's start with the basics:

1) name of the establishment

2) location

3) price list (need not be complete, but price of beer is a must)

4) brief description (what makes it special?)

5) contact details (not a must but would be nice if a phone number or email address is available for inquiry purposes)

Tia Maria's Cantina, Katipunan just across ADMU

price per beer (depends sa beer) around 50-60 pesos

good mexican foods namely burritos, nachos, and tacos

ambience is just average, but the crowd is great. high chance of meeting with fellow batchmates.

plus when you feel drowsy, there's a Starbucks establishment just beside it

Wow, Vegas! Lol. I dunno if that'll ever be useful to me, :) Who knows? Maybe, an unexpectedly long meeting might just find me in that neck of the woods (haha, riiiight...). But right now, me personally, I mostly get my beer fix at Andok's Nova Stop (Novaliches bus station near SM Fairview). Cheap beer (30-40 pesos) and passable pulutan (the usual lechon manok, liempo, barbeque, etc.). Kinda homey feel to it. I like the fact that they don't have a videoke machine. That's the plus side. Downside, call center people (from Teletech Robinson's) hangout here. Man, these kids are a noisy/rowdy bunch. So Friday nights, I just drink at home.

Edited by skitz

pasali ako skitz sa project nyo ha?

for the meantime, my share:

Obeertime

Corner Chino Roces and Dela Rosa in Makati

40-50 PHP (depende sa beer); pulutan: seafood specialty nila but you only have 2 choices to have it with: grilled or deep fried.

it's an institution. been there since my father's time. Though they upgraded their facility and floor area, but it remained essentially the same. Its pure unadulterated boozing!

Hey, that's my kind of place Amante. Though 50 bucks for a beer is a little too steep, Purdoy ako e hehehehe,(and an alcoholic, alcoholics go for cheap beers). I sure hope there is no videoke machine! Kaya ako hirap maghanap ng cheap beer places ngayon e. The cheaper hangouts all have those cursed machines. "And I did it my way....", sabay ilag...

1) Hotness

2) Behind the Flying V station on Aurora Blvd. (Between 15th and 20th Ave)

3) 6pm-9pm beer = 35 bucks

4) Nekkid girls on stage dancing makes it a fun place to unwind

C'mon skitz!!!

Now that's more like it. Ganun nga palaging tanong ko e. Whenever I find myself in a strange bar and they charge me 50 bucks (or more) for it, "So ano oras ang floorshow?" Lol.

6thirsty my friend?
Not today maester dfgvan, maybe next week, I'm giving my liver its annual rest.

Now that's more like it. Ganun nga palaging tanong ko e. Whenever I find myself in a strange bar and they charge me 50 bucks (or more) for it, "So ano oras ang floorshow?" Lol.
I hope to see you here next week. Bring Amante, QGJ, and Jopoc (if you can tear him away from his newborn).

Not today maester dfgvan, maybe next week, I'm giving my liver its annual rest.

I hope to see you here next week. Bring Amante, QGJ, and Jopoc (if you can tear him away from his newborn).

when next week...

right now i need to fix my sched... to work around our drinking session

taverna eleazar in West Avenue, near MISTER KEBAB, MANG INASAL....

:)

price per beer is P45, they have a 6+1 sa San Mig Light....

nice choice of pulutans, they also have rice meals, sandwiches, etc...

plus it has an acoustic band every saturdays, Kelly Badon formerly from Side A is a mainstay there....

:)

rapsa

• 4 weeks later...

When I am in SBMA it is Pier One. Beer is around 40 Php (I think), so reasonable. Food is ok (not great, but edible). Friendly atmosphere and it is PG, you can take your GF here. Downside, medyo korni mga bands dito. Parang bodabil (in a bad sense). We usually take our German colleagues here for drinks after work.You know what? Even if they do not speak Tagalog, and even if they only visit once a year, they already know that the show 5 years ago is still the same gag show today! Lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...