What Do You Look For In A Bar?

The music - the more eclectic the better: ideally some twee/alt to start, mid-tempo R&B/balearic beats to peak, then latin/house sets to get the asses off the seats and on the floor!!!

The crowd: mixed, friendly, not too sceney

Management: bouncers should not screen those who want to ledge dance or flash, but should crack down on unwanted gropers

Events: The more ladies night specials, the better!!!

bars that allow smoking inside is good in my book. ;) though they must have good ventilation so you don't end up smelling like an ashtray when you get out.

good music has to definitely be in there... i can't stand hiphop and r&b. if i wanted to listen to that, i'd hit the VIP room in embassy. electronica's good. house, lounge, chill out. bossa's pretty good, too... for the more laid back bars.

interiors have a lot to do with the bar experience also, of course. seating has to be plentiful and comfortable. i hate bars that don't have enough seating space. and it'd be nice to go to a bar that didn't serve normal bar chow. and the drinks should be good... not watered down or poorly mixed. cocktails are good in nuvo and also at paseo uno when that was a cool place to hang.

Edited by missmanners

1) Adequate supply of ice cold beer. I hate being serve warm beer. No ice please. I always drink from the bottle. The only way beer should be drank. :D

2) Good beer chow and lots of choices. After I've been to a bar several times and have tried all their beer chow, I tend to lose interest.

3) Nice music of course but it's highly dependent on my mood though.

4) A billiard table or two would be nice. I like shooting pool while drinking.

Cheers! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...