Any Call Center Execs Here?

I am curious as I am putting forward a proposal for my company here in the US which could potentially save us hundreds of thousands $$$ and possibly at least $1m annually.

Anyone know if a $200,000 contract with a US client who requires 80-100 call center agents is considered a small/mid sized contract. What is a typical fair price for a center that size?

Anyone have info on that? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks

((bonus for me is the proposal would include me as the corporate liason para makauwi na din, mabayaran pa WAAHOO!))

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$200,000 would not even cover salaries for 100 agents with a minimum of P10,000 salary

Like I said my figures were off. I was thinking $200,000 was how much we would spend extra a month if we hired the number of people needed in our estimates to meet demand.

Quick background without giving too much detail, our company's experiencing growth since launching a new service a few years ago. However our call volumes have also increased. We have several divisions throughout the US and the one I work with at max have 250 call center agents. We have had a rash of turnovers due to the call volume and stress. Now we have a hold time of about 40min-1hr which has us a little concerned as it may result in subscriber churn. We estimate we will probably need to hire about 80-120 more to meet demand and to be frank, I'm skeptical it can be done in a timely enough fashion before we would start losing subscribers.

My estimate (using only wages as figures for savings not including other costs which the company would incur in hiring more staff) figure that the company could potentially save alot of money annually subcontracting. I was probably looking at about $700-$900k annual contract.

sir, just a quick q. what type of calls are usually being handled? are they customer support for technical? billing? or just plain inquiry issues?

why a sudden surge of calls? problem with the products or services that you are offering?

i would like to help you out on this one, as me and the family business has built and handled an MT center with 50 seats operating with 2-3 shifts depending on the volume.

MT = Medical Transcription

the amount to be shelled out will be dependent on the kind of set up that you want for your company.. each call center / bpo has their own billing system so eventhough the services offered are almost the same, variances in the rates will appear.

some things to consider though... bcp, crm's, metrices, etc

I am curious as I am putting forward a proposal for my company here in the US which could potentially save us hundreds of thousands $$$ and possibly at least $1m annually.

Anyone know if a $200,000 contract with a US client who requires 80-100 call center agents is considered a small/mid sized contract. What is a typical fair price for a center that size?

((bonus for me is the proposal would include me as the corporate liason para makauwi na din, mabayaran pa WAAHOO!))

Hi bulokstylez.

To be able to determine whether your $200,000 contract is attractive to outsourcers, there are a number of things you probably need to elaborate:

1. Is it a $200,000-a-year contract? If it is, then it is a very small contract. Based on my calculations, if you are looking at setting aside $200,000 a year for outsourcing customer service, then you are only looking at 8-10 agents. That is, if the $200,000 is entirely allotted for the actual program implementation. You must take into consideration pre-implementation expenses, some of which follow:

2. Is the contract price inclusive of training fees, including, but not necessarily, flying the pilot team to the US (I assume that's where you are) from the Philippines to your company for actual training and calibration. It is very important that the transition from in-house to outsourced customer service is seamless from your customers' point of view and that is one of the ways to do that. Another way of looking at it is you appoint a trainer from your company who will fly to Manila to train the initial batch of agents.

3. Is the contract price inclusive of special equipment you may require? Some clients insist that the outsourcers they have a contract with use a certain knowledgebase system, or special PCs, or a special leased line that will connect to their company's data center for different purposes. If the contract price doesn't include it, you may want to consider adding those to your expenses.

4. Is the contract price based on pay per performance? Some outsourcing agreements are based on the premise that the outsourcer should hit certain metrics before they get paid. If they don't hit these metrics, they get either no pay for that period or an amount that is less than the contract price.

Your best bet in getting a good idea on how much it would cost to outsource your customer service is to get in touch with call center companies and ask for proposals.

Just make sure you have all the information they will need to be able to help you -- historical call volume, seasonal ramps, services needed, training modules, etc.

Hope this helps.

Edited by DarkAngel
  • 2 weeks later...
sir, just a quick q. what type of calls are usually being handled? are they customer support for technical? billing? or just plain inquiry issues?

why a sudden surge of calls? problem with the products or services that you are offering?

i would like to help you out on this one, as me and the family business has built and handled an MT center with 50 seats operating with 2-3 shifts depending on the volume.

MT = Medical Transcription

No problems with the products. It's a VOIP company and there are many issues with customer home wiring.

The issues are actually 2-tiered in my opinion but it's another matter that needs to be addressed.

Most call volume right now is with technical support (not very high level support but does have a degree of technical knowledge requirement).

• 3 weeks later...

that is a medium size account

• 3 months later...

$200000 is too small. The best way to do it is pay a callcenter per call. That way if there is no volume then you do not need to pay anything. There are a lot of things to consider though. You have to be very clear with your client's requirement. Is the account that big that outsourcing it will be very benificial. You have to Remember that not all aspects of a business can be outsourced. You can also consider renting the equipments and space of a callcenter instead of starting a new one or outsourcing it totally. THat way you will have a big say as to who to hire for the account and you do not have to buy equipments as well. working wITh a merchant callcenter will be a good idea instead of building an in house callcenter.

200,000?

im a tsr for voip too.i know how hard it is when it comes to installation and troubleshooting, and a budget like that just for salary is a bit short for u to have excellent tsr that will cater to a customer's web of troubles.

And....u have to have a very tempting offer for u to get great people.call center agents go for higher salary these days, unless if u want to have call center virgins talking flat on ur floor...think about that.

• 2 months later...
$200,000 would not even cover salaries for 100 agents with a minimum of P10,000 salary

P10,000 is way too low for entry level agents in the industry today. Around P15,000 is at least the minimum, though some would go as low as P12,000 for non-experienced agents. Tenured agents' asking price would range from P16,000-P20,000. These are Metro Manila figures. Provincial figures are slightly lower.

• 1 year later...

hold time for a technical account such as voip requires thorough and in depth support.. kasi di naman lahat ng americas in particluar are well versed with computer terms.. I mean you'll hear the wildest stories about customer's calling in for support. and it's true. you need give a higher salary and benefits than most of the establishes centers so you can attract better reps... or just like our friend said here, leave it to the inexperienced rep and let them floor it. though, it a fresh ground in developing new talents and discovering their potentials

• 13 years later...