Leaning on Death's Door

the only thing i'm afraid of is not being able to prove to god that i do believe and love him before i die... but dying itself? its not really something i'm afraid of

when my grandma died, i was soooo looking forward to dying cuz it didn't sound so bad -- it just meant that i would see my loved ones sooner..

but now, i dont think i've done anything "special" in my life. so i dont think i've done my mission yet. i'm not afraid of dying, i just don't think i'm ready just yet.

the only 2 things inevitable in life is the certainty of birth and death and the certainty of change.

notice how animals seem to prepare for their death? they seem to take it as a natural course in life. we, humans, who are both blessed and cursed with our own intelligence and emotions, thus giving us the selfish nature of fearing the loss of our very own existence.

death can be a light as a feather but can be as heavy as a mountain. the impact of one's death (and life) on himself. others and the course of things is what is essential.

yes, i fear death very much. i did not attended a funeral or burial cemetery until i was 14, being pampered by protective and superstitious parents. up to this time, i have a phobia of things related to death like coffins, hearses, funeral parlors, etc. sometimes i imagine how death wouldnt be so feared if it were so simple, untainted by man's complexities. imagine dying in a deserted forest or mountain where there would be no funeral rites, just simple decaying of a human body.

while we are alive, let's enjoy what we have. look not into our past or future, but into the vivid reality. savor each breath and each raindrop. life is wonderful. enjoy the simple pleasures of life like a simple thunderstorm or a sunny morning. tune the 5 human senses to extensively feel everything around you.

in a nutshell, let's eat.:lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...