Dual-sim Phones

• 7 months later...

just been to a nokia center. they got this new dual sim phone (their first in the line, nokia's a me-too this time, but it's not their first me-too product) but even the staff are not so excited selling it. they kept saying to us customers to wait till their next dual-sim model gets in. the culprit is this: there's no dual-standy mode. meaning, you can put in 2 sims before covering them with the battery but you can use only 1 sim at a time. the switch key doesn't help at all.

nokia finally learned it should enter the dual sim market. recently, they came up with nokia x1, now with dual standy capability, priced at 1,995 pesos in all nokia centers. i bought mine in orange (comes in blue, black and red colors) because my youngest daughter kept yanking my arm for it (i suspect she wants it later, knowing i got bored with new toys after a while). and just like anyone who just bought a cellphone i curiously check its features.

first, the cons:

for a candybar, it's kinda heavy and thick. there's a screensaver function which doesn't work at all, the date can't change its dd-mm-yyyy format to the more familiar mm-dd-yyyy, it accepts only mp3 files for playing music.

now, the pros:

its box boasts standby length of 36 days and with talktime of 13 hours! kinda hard to believe but when i check some sites in the web, the standby time is 61 days! and one review says you can play with its music for 36 hours straight! hmm, this one is for travellers who hate bringing along a charger. there are 16 themes to choose from, i chose the orange motif immediately and liked it a lot. there are buttons at the left for the music playing function, and a large speaker at the back. you can load it with up 16gig of microsd card. there's radio although you have to plug in the earphones

best of all, it's dirt cheap!

Edited by remoteworld
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been using a MyPhone..... though it's dual-sim functionality is good, it's not really that good.

I'm using a QWERTY model and some feature are quite hard to use.

It's more useful as a dual-sim backup phone rather than a main phone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently bought a samsumg duos (qwery), ok naman madaling operate, napuna ko lang after a few days nagha-hang siya at nagsa shutdown for some reason, ilang beses ko binuksan pero nagsa shutdown siya ulit akala ko nga dadalhin/ibabalik ko na agad sa binilihan ko eh.

Recently bought a samsumg duos (qwery), ok naman madaling operate, napuna ko lang after a few days nagha-hang siya at nagsa shutdown for some reason, ilang beses ko binuksan pero nagsa shutdown siya ulit akala ko nga dadalhin/ibabalik ko na agad sa binilihan ko eh.

Hi thegame08, bring your Samsung unit + original sales invoice + box + warranty card to a Samsung service center. They will input a special code, then your phone will reset and everything will be ok again. Remember to memorize the special code, better yet write it down because Samsung phone will hang from time to time.

I used to have a Samsung too, but I sold it cheap after a few months because it hangs often.

Yon mga Galaxy tab, nag hahang din kaya?

Guest Dennis®

Guys

May naka bili na ba ng Nokia C2-03 or

iyung Nokia C2 dual?

Is it dual active mode po ba ?

FR naman po

thanks

things i like about the C2-00

it's dual stand by.

battery life is good

it's simple to use

it's a very dependable phone i.e. if you don't not have any plans on using the camera or video. but, overall, it's still ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i am planning of buying a quad sim phone from cherry mobile since i am going abroad and we are using globe and sun sims here at home.. tpos pag dating sa abroad 1 for work the other for play.. 4 sims all in all. ok ba ung phone na eto mga sirs?

Edited by Lefran