External Hard Drives

mine is a Seagate 500Gb Freeagent Edition 2.0 USB External Hard Drive for my desktop computer and Seagate 320Gb Freeagent Go HDD for my laptop. The former is a bit bulky in size compare to the latter which fits nicely in pocket. Both works perfectly for my needs. Robust and reliable. :thumbsupsmiley:

post-199439-1259719383.jpg

post-199439-1259719848.jpg

Edited by faqute2
  • 2 weeks later...

Nadala na ako sa external drives, masyado madali masira. Malaki na din naman capacity ng USB and there are DVD discs with double capacity. IMO external drive market are packrats... yung mahilig mag ipon with minimal file maintenance at the expense of greater risk to damage... kasi kung tutuusin hindi mo naman gagamitin lahat ng laman ng drive on a regular (hourly) basis... aminin, nakakatamad lang mag sync with more robust storage media.

Edited by down2earth
  • 3 weeks later...

just bought a seagate external portable drive 320 gb and was able to transfer all my picture, music and document files, but after 2 weeks when I plugged in my portable drive it lit up (the greed led bulb) and kept emitting a beeping sound and the drive never opened in my pc. When I brought it to the retail store they tested it and it functioned properly and the clerk even showed me my files.. when I returned home again it just went beep without showing up in the pc.. can anyone help me with this predicament?

just bought a seagate external portable drive 320 gb and was able to transfer all my picture, music and document files, but after 2 weeks when I plugged in my portable drive it lit up (the greed led bulb) and kept emitting a beeping sound and the drive never opened in my pc. When I brought it to the retail store they tested it and it functioned properly and the clerk even showed me my files.. when I returned home again it just went beep without showing up in the pc.. can anyone help me with this predicament?

try to test your usb port voltage, and plug the the two USB female plug to have a more stable voltage going to your HD :thumbsupsmiley: D.

try to test your usb port voltage, and plug the the two USB female plug to have a more stable voltage going to your HD :thumbsupsmiley: D.

found the problem, it has to do with the cable, I don't know what's the diffrence but when I used a usb cable which I use for my cellphone the portable hard drive worked....Thanks anyway for your kind suggestions sa uulitin po

found the problem, it has to do with the cable, I don't know what's the diffrence but when I used a usb cable which I use for my cellphone the portable hard drive worked....Thanks anyway for your kind suggestions sa uulitin po

had a same problem with my Ext HDD culprit was the usb cable...it seems lumuluwag yung connection.

replace your cable. mura lang naman eh.

320gb is the UNFORMATTED state...

I believe the filesystem used the 23gb when FORMATTED...

Same lang halos tayo nung Buffalo 320gb ko (NTFS)...

The filesystem isn't using 23gb. Some guy in marketing caused this problem a long time ago.

Most numbers in a computers go back to a 2 to the power x number.

1 Kb is 1024 (2^10) bytes

1 Gb is 1024 * 1024 * 1024 = 1.073.741.824 bytes

Now what they use in marketing harddisks & usb drives actually anything that has storage is

1 Kb = 1000 bytes

1 Gb = 1.000.000.000 bytes

That where your difference comes from. So you think you buy 1.073.741.824 bytes per Gb but in fact you buy 1.000.000.000 bytes oer Gb.